LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

QB position up for competition next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Not when you're just trolling around.

Please don't tell me about your gay experiences.

Not here to argue...

plus, aint you supposed to be NINER fan.. why you hating on me??.. LMAO..

just quit.. n who said something about "gay".. nobody but you.

#49ersFaithful
Originally posted by SF49_Benitez:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
yeah that was a stupid and semi-incoherent post by the guy. 6 4th quarter comebacks including an all time playoff classic aren't clutch enough? Outlasting 2 horrible HCs plus going through 7 OCs and 2 shoulder surgeries and still rising to a top 10 QB level is too nerdy? Alex is a bad ass IMO. Nothing against Kaepernick but anyone wanting him in over Alex is insane IMO.

Thats what you say now.. but watch..

Alex is washed... especially after this season..

BREAKING NEWS: We did NOT complete a 3rd down until da 4th quarter...

and you wanna talk about clutch...

the only reason he was clutch is cause he had nothing to lose with dat throw to Vernon against da saints..

But when we played the giants.. he overthrew.. under threw... never threw.. and got sacked .... too many times..

which = no 3d down conversions

lol this post is such a f**king joke, only reason he had the comebacks is the defense holding teams to lower scores? oh yeah that 32 points the Saints put up really did not require Alex to score more than a few points. It's not like it's hard to score 36 points in a playoff game apparently. 23 points vs Philly didn't involve him at all doing anything apparently. The 27-20 game vs NYG in the regular season... 25 points at Detroit... lol gtfo with that s**t. A 27 year old QB is washed up really?
lol this post is such a f**king joke, only reason he had the comebacks is the defense holding teams to lower scores? oh yeah that 32 points the Saints put up really did not require Alex to score more than a few points. It's not like it's hard to score 36 points in a playoff game apparently. 23 points vs Philly didn't involve him at all doing anything apparently. The 27-20 game vs NYG in the regular season... 25 points at Detroit... lol gtfo with that s**t. A 27 year old QB is washed up really?

I think Chad Pennington said it well, early on, when he talked about the 49ers playing complementary football, all good teams do. The comeback couldn't be complete without complementary efforts by all phases of the game. The offense clicked, when needed; the defense got stops, when needed; and the kicking game put the team in; and other teams out of, field position.
Originally posted by lssanjose:

I think Chad Pennington said it well, early on, when he talked about the 49ers playing complementary football, all good teams do. The comeback couldn't be complete without complementary efforts by all phases of the game. The offense clicked, when needed; the defense got stops, when needed; and the kicking game put the team in; and other teams out of, field position.

exactly. Of course the defense and ST have a hand in the game, they are PART OF THE TEAM. Anyone who doesn't know that has no business talking about football.
Who is this Benitez troll? Can he please be made to go away? Please?

Yes, Harbs said its up for competition this year, just like last year. Hes going to tell A. Smith the same thing before he signs a long term deal.

After reading all of these posts ( I skipped some of the Benitez ones), it seems that people are either sold on A. Alex is back. B. Kap is the 2nd coming of Joe or C. that we need to find a way to bring in P. Manning.

C. Really. Peyton here. 18 million dollars per season, for who knows how many years? The man is great, a truely great player and one of the best to ever play the game. I'll give him his due. He doesnt have many years left in the tank, if any at all due to the neck. Its too bad, it really is, I want to see him play again for the Colts, for us (hehe) for anyone. A true student of the game, a love of the game. At the end of the day, do you really think Harbs and Trent will bring him here? If the goal is to teach Kap the game from a different perspective, fine, Ill give you that, but the season of 95 and signing everyone to win one SB are gone. Harbs is looking to the future, for a QB and for our team. In Madden, sure, I pick up Manning, but I cant see us doing something like that. Look at the last, albeit, shortened off season. No big names, no huge contracts. Guys willing to buy in to a system and play hard. No player is greater than the team Jim once said. Manning would prove otherwise, hes not going to be a 49er.

B. Kap is the answer. Bigger arm, looks like a QB, doesnt have the 7 seasons of baggage that Alex has, Harbs moved up to get him. What a bunch of BS. How did T Smith do? How about N. Davis? I could keep going on. The fans and the Zone, always see the grass greener on the other side. Wow, we traded up, he must be something. He had a chance to win the job, and he failed. He will get another chance. If he wins, I will support him completely as our QB, if not, he sits and LEARNS on the sideline. I have piles of people in my family that are Packer fans (dont shun me) for 3 years all I heard was bench Farve, trade Farve, let Rodgers play. He sat and he learned the game, now he is among the elites in this game. I dont care what you think of A Smith, but if you are a Kap backer, have some patience like GB had and reap the rewards if he is the real deal. Or, is he the next Drunkenmiller? We havent seen much of Kap, and alot, maybe too much praise is given to backups that perform well in limited circumstances (Kolb, Cassell), let Kap be Kap and let the coaches bring him along or he is the next Leaf, and no one wants that. ( I know, Leaf was a number 2 pick, Kap was in the 2nd round, but the way I read about him lately he could have been the 2nd coming of Christ or Tolzien)

A. Alex Smith is our QB. Like many of you, I still pine away thinking of Joe or Steve hitting Jerry or John or Terrell and watching the beauty of a perfectly thrown pass and catch on a slant that goes for 70 yards. Ive waited a very long time to see that again. I havent seen it with Alex. I'm an Alex supporter, I was glad when we drafted him. I have never seen anything from him, this year included that made me think of Jerry or John or Brent. I havent. He is our QB, love him or hate him, it is what it is. I think he has a style, that when developed, will bring us back to the promised land, where the 49ers belong, hoisting that silver trophy. He is our QB. Yes, there will be a competition next year for the QB spot, as there will every year that Jim is here, but for now, it is his, and we, the Faithful, need to back our QB, no matter what the past has held, and to hope for a bright future full of quick slants.

Damn, that was a long post, if you didnt read, I dont blame you, if you fell asleep, good for you.
Originally posted by frozen49er:

Yes, Harbs said its up for competition this year, just like last year. Hes going to tell A. Smith the same thing before he signs a long term deal.

After reading all of these posts ( I skipped some of the Benitez ones), it seems that people are either sold on A. Alex is back. B. Kap is the 2nd coming of Joe or C. that we need to find a way to bring in P. Manning.

C. Really. Peyton here. 18 million dollars per season, for who knows how many years? The man is great, a truely great player and one of the best to ever play the game. I'll give him his due. He doesnt have many years left in the tank, if any at all due to the neck. Its too bad, it really is, I want to see him play again for the Colts, for us (hehe) for anyone. A true student of the game, a love of the game. At the end of the day, do you really think Harbs and Trent will bring him here? If the goal is to teach Kap the game from a different perspective, fine, Ill give you that, but the season of 95 and signing everyone to win one SB are gone. Harbs is looking to the future, for a QB and for our team. In Madden, sure, I pick up Manning, but I cant see us doing something like that. Look at the last, albeit, shortened off season. No big names, no huge contracts. Guys willing to buy in to a system and play hard. No player is greater than the team Jim once said. Manning would prove otherwise, hes not going to be a 49er.

B. Kap is the answer. Bigger arm, looks like a QB, doesnt have the 7 seasons of baggage that Alex has, Harbs moved up to get him. What a bunch of BS. How did T Smith do? How about N. Davis? I could keep going on. The fans and the Zone, always see the grass greener on the other side. Wow, we traded up, he must be something. He had a chance to win the job, and he failed. He will get another chance. If he wins, I will support him completely as our QB, if not, he sits and LEARNS on the sideline. I have piles of people in my family that are Packer fans (dont shun me) for 3 years all I heard was bench Farve, trade Farve, let Rodgers play. He sat and he learned the game, now he is among the elites in this game. I dont care what you think of A Smith, but if you are a Kap backer, have some patience like GB had and reap the rewards if he is the real deal. Or, is he the next Drunkenmiller? We havent seen much of Kap, and alot, maybe too much praise is given to backups that perform well in limited circumstances (Kolb, Cassell), let Kap be Kap and let the coaches bring him along or he is the next Leaf, and no one wants that. ( I know, Leaf was a number 2 pick, Kap was in the 2nd round, but the way I read about him lately he could have been the 2nd coming of Christ or Tolzien)

A. Alex Smith is our QB. Like many of you, I still pine away thinking of Joe or Steve hitting Jerry or John or Terrell and watching the beauty of a perfectly thrown pass and catch on a slant that goes for 70 yards. Ive waited a very long time to see that again. I havent seen it with Alex. I'm an Alex supporter, I was glad when we drafted him. I have never seen anything from him, this year included that made me think of Jerry or John or Brent. I havent. He is our QB, love him or hate him, it is what it is. I think he has a style, that when developed, will bring us back to the promised land, where the 49ers belong, hoisting that silver trophy. He is our QB. Yes, there will be a competition next year for the QB spot, as there will every year that Jim is here, but for now, it is his, and we, the Faithful, need to back our QB, no matter what the past has held, and to hope for a bright future full of quick slants.

Damn, that was a long post, if you didnt read, I dont blame you, if you fell asleep, good for you.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
matt miacco matt barrows timk all said the sam thing

same with merril hidge and mike sando

you just have a guy who gave alex no credit throughout the season

you trippin bro.. I like Alex.. I know he has potential.. but I rather see KAP.. he is faster on his legs... and has been studying this whole season..

Look.. even Harbaugh said that EVERY POSITION is to be WON.. so if its up for grabs then it is FOR A REASON..

I see it.. now its time for da rest of the 49er Faithful to see it too..

KAP is a gun slinger!!!!!!.. just like farve but with the legs.. can u imagine???..

Can we ban this guy for being a troll please?
Because he doesn't agree with you?
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
matt miacco matt barrows timk all said the sam thing

same with merril hidge and mike sando

you just have a guy who gave alex no credit throughout the season

you trippin bro.. I like Alex.. I know he has potential.. but I rather see KAP.. he is faster on his legs... and has been studying this whole season..

Look.. even Harbaugh said that EVERY POSITION is to be WON.. so if its up for grabs then it is FOR A REASON..

I see it.. now its time for da rest of the 49er Faithful to see it too..

KAP is a gun slinger!!!!!!.. just like farve but with the legs.. can u imagine???..

Can we ban this guy for being a troll please?
Because he doesn't agree with you?

No because he's clearly trolling. IF you can't see that then you're blind.
6 of one and half dozen of the other....Alex makes s**tty throws still a bit too often, but our WR fail to get decent separation at the LOS, always losing the battle in physicality unfortunately.
Originally posted by 1swift:
6 of one and half dozen of the other....Alex makes s**tty throws still a bit too often, but our WR fail to get decent separation at the LOS, always losing the battle in physicality unfortunately.

All QB's miss some throws. I honestly believe that those throws going to the ground were throw aways.

Fool.. Read the rest of my posts before you speak..

yet, you one of my bro's .. Niner Faithful.. so Imma be koo..

---------------------------------

I like Alex.. like I said before.. and nah, I didnt start this post either, So .. tell tht guy..

oh as for all those points we scored.. well THINK ABOUT IT...

Frank Gore is our ALL TIME... RUSHING LEADER... how did that happen???

Oh, cause Alex needed a real BEAST like Frank to do DAMAGE..
Hey "WillisisdaWall".. I love my team as much as you do..

but why can't another fan express his opinion???..

*Bro we are all mad that we lost but damn.. my whole point of the whole thing was that Kap.. SHOULD have a chance..

and errybody started trippin..

Oh, well it's just an opinion..

kick back.

#49erFaithful
Anyone but Smith.
Originally posted by lssanjose:

Yep.. Its a team effort.. but we NEEDED a 3rd down conversion..(more than one)..

and what happened??... a pass play.. so if its a pass play then either throw da rock or RUN ALEX... RUN.. you got legs.. Lol

nope.. didnt happen.. he was sacked.. or thew it out of bounds... just like in da ravens game on monday night

*Wow.. does anybody feel me out there???
Originally posted by frozen49er:

you didnt even read what I had to say in my posts??!!.. So how you gonna come back and try to say I should be banned in some kind of way????????????

What... it makes you feel uncomfortable to hear someone stand up for what they feel??

______

by da way.. forget..(f*ck) peyton.. dnt wnt him.. we have da one on our squad.. sittin quietely studyin da playbook..

as for da rest of your post..didnt read it.. tell us later.. when you understand how to keep it short and simple..
Share 49ersWebzone