There are 163 users in the forums

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll be pissed off at how it ended until the draft starts
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Im not.

Although I am not paying attention to any sports until hockey playoffs.

Maybe draft time.
r u kidding me? we were projected to be in the suck for luck sweeptakes and instead we went all the way to the NFC championship and should of went to the superbowl. This is the birth of a new dynasty!

i am still depressed tho that i bought fake tickets off of razorgator and drove all the way from LA
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
r u kidding me? we were projected to be in the suck for luck sweeptakes and instead we went all the way to the NFC championship and should of went to the superbowl. This is the birth of a new dynasty!

i am still depressed tho that i bought fake tickets off of razorgator and drove all the way from LA

Damn Justin that sucks
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Absolutely….you only get one shot….and we blew it…. it hurts really bad. I can admit it now…..I cried a little..... .....

For people excited about next year...I understand that but these opportunities don't happen every year....it might be 4 or 5 down the road. This is not like the old days Free agency is a b***h.

Chin up! I don't think we're about to embark on another 1982 disaster. Despite what everyone was saying about the similarities between this year's team and the '81 team, this year's team will largely be together next year. And unlike the '81 team, this one is young, through and through.

Looking back at the '81 team, it took time to reconstitute the offense and build a defense that was able to buttress our offense . With the aid of a formidable defense, this team is a lot closer to next year's playoffs than the '82 team was.

I agree, free agency is often tough: but it's much more likely that this team will gain capability through free agency. Older, sane, competent players will be willing to come here for the coaching environment and a chance at a ring.

There's no getting around it: we are now one of the premier landing pads for talent in the league.

Chin up! This should be a very good off season for us. This year's trip to the playoffs was gravy. Next year is business.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Jan 24, 2012 at 1:24 AM ]
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
Sunday was an incredible tough pill to swallow. It stings like a b**ch. None of us as fans, nor any of the players want to feel like this again. Don't "get over it", Remember it! At ANY TEAM FUNCTION between now and next season let the team know that now, NOW, WE DON'T LET UP! Now we spend every moment preparing for the 2012 season. For SB 47! For the challenges ahead. We showed we belong, now we step on those that get in our way. Look at next year's schedule. We play home games against Detroit and the NY Giants. We play road games at Green Bay, New England, the NY Jets, and New Orleans. The team should have an enormous chip on their shoulder and aim to Destroy these teams. Never let up! Show the entire league that San Francisco is not just a "contender", but a team on a mission to make this right.
Man it feels great to have this expectancy back. I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON!!!!!
I can't wait for the schedule dates to be released. I can't wait for that game with the Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This year was surprising and magical, Next year is tunnel vision.
One goal, absolution!
One goal, Super Bowl!
One goal, WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Easy, brah.
I am actually bummed out more than I should be..the game keeps replaying in my head..that last field goal..I nearly turned my head. Emotional year..and seems so long until the next kickoff .
Am still hurting but am cheering myself up by watching clips and highlights on youtube of great 49er moments from the past and to know that next season will be even better than this year and that we have returned to greatness.
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
yep its the end of the world LIFE SUCKS im already over it can't dwell on these things

Already over it? I'm nowhere near over it. Maybe I'm lame and have way too much love for this team, but I'm still bothered by it.

On one hand, I'm happy because they exceeded my expectations from the beginning of the year. On the other hand, expectations change when the team is proving to be a top tier squad, especially when they reach the conference championship against a team they already beat once.

I am happy, however, that I KNOW this team will be just good - if not better - next year. Harbaugh is a winner.

The Giants didn't take the game it was handed to them.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
hard to accept it's all over. Especially the way it went down. If we lost that game in a normal fashion, it wouldn't sting so much.
yesterday was just a crap day. Time heals all wounds at some point. Months until we have another game. NFL has the longest offseason of all the major sports.
we are going to have a better Season next year not in wins but in the playoffs !
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Still bummed. :-(
Share 49ersWebzone