LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 211 users in the forums

Anyone else still really bummed/depressed about the outcome of this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Thanks for your opinion.
ignore him sweet.the smart people here know that you and san diego support this team but do question things alot, which is perfectly fine. i myself had to question letting dixon run on third and one instead of someone else and i was not a fan of the failed end around. Does that make me disgusting and a non fan?To some it does i guess
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I'm depressed..
keep thinkings about the ball hitting kyle's knee and the Bradshaw fumble that should've won us the game.. T Brown getting injured. The 2 ints that should've been but weren't because our players collided. Anythony Dixon run that could've been a touchdown

But it was a great season
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jan 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
Thanks for your opinion.
ignore him sweet.the smart people here know that you and san diego support this team but do question things alot, which is perfectly fine. i myself had to question letting dixon run on third and one instead of someone else and i was not a fan of the failed end around. Does that make me disgusting and a non fan?To some it does i guess

Thanks bro, yah those Dixon carries shocked me a lot. How do you put in a mainly special teams player in such crucial time of the game. Also Im not a fan of that Jumbo formations when they bring extra OL and DL. It telegraphs the play, everyone basically knows what is coming. I hope thats one thing we scrap next season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Thanks bro, yah those Dixon carries shocked me a lot. How do you put in a mainly special teams player in such crucial time of the game. Also Im not a fan of that Jumbo formations when they bring extra OL and DL. It telegraphs the play, everyone basically knows what is coming. I hope thats one thing we scrap next season.
Yes that may work against some teams but y not against the giants, justin smith got abused and that was not good to see.i love our coach but i think at times he went a little bit against his thinking of not overcooking it. I think the failed end around was over cooked and we got burned bad. again in my opinion just another little thing we did not do well which all had a factor in the loss. i do understand the frustration and disbelief from the fans, the more you win , the more you want to win and the further you go, the further you want to go
I'm certainly not depressed. Our primary goal for this season was accomplished in spades, no less: We righted the ship--and did we ever! When you think about where we were 11 months ago, only a fool would not be ecstatic at this year's outcome.
we went from not respected and easy win, to the most respected defense and team not to win the SB.

Respect is back and it is high
I'm in a bad funk. Yes, this one really stings...bad. My food today tasted like sh#!, I didn't want to see the #10 today at all. I looked in my wallet and saw a $10 dollar bill and immediately bought something cause I didn't want it in there. I bummed/depressed because of the way the season ended not because of our record this year. I remember taking to my brother & dad after that first pre season game and telling them that the Niners would win 5 games, 6 if they're lucky. I cannot expressed how proud I am of this defense. I'm biased because I'm on this board but it's the best defense I have seen in a very long time. Good enough to win a Super Bowl which makes me depressed and the road we had in front of us. We're going to play some tough ass teams next year. I kind of feel that most of the people on these boards have followed for a long time like myselft and feel like we did in the old days when no Super Bowl = a lost year.
Not at all we were 6-10 the year before, short off season almost nobody including myself thought we would even be any good. Oh yeah plus it was 8 frikken years without a playoff birth
I'm over it and excited for next year. 'Cmon 2012 season.
  • Huego
  • Veteran
I'm taking this loss very badly...can't even watch espn or nfl network. Usually in the morning I listen to espn radio on the way to work but didn't even turn on the radio this morning. Might even skip out on the super bowl all together. this loss hurts...we were so close and who knows when we'll get the chance again. Sucks...

Yeah time to move on.

Free agency and draft are looming.
Absolutely….you only get one shot….and we blew it…. it hurts really bad. I can admit it now…..I cried a little..... .....

For people excited about next year...I understand that but these opportunities don't happen every year....it might be 4 or 5 down the road. This is not like the old days Free agency is a b***h.
[ Edited by Ninerbowl6 on Jan 23, 2012 at 11:48 PM ]
No, everyone is still happy with the outcome....
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Absolutely….you only get one shot….and we blew it…. it hurts really bad. I can admit it now…..I cried a little..... .....

I saw someone wearing an Alex Smith Jersey today, which I think is the first time ever.

and to answer your question I think I'm almost done venting about how unfortunate this is. It still hurts but I'm guessing as time passes it'll fade away...

The #10 will forever be stuck in my mind as bad luck, the shock of giving the game away in that fashion is what mentally drains me the most, and we all know physical pains heal as the body recovers, but mental pains are just torture.

Hopefully I, along with every fan, are able to move on from what could've been. What kills me is during the press conference with P. Willis, he states something similar to, we didn't think this was it, and basically implying they knew the opportunity was there and what was at risk. Hearing those words from an average player might be slightly depressing, but from a defensive leader in him, it really just left a scar. Our defense doesn't (at least used to) get enough credit and they work so hard to contribute as much to the game as best they can.

Prime example: Clutch wrap-up tackle on 3rd down by Justin Smith to give us an opportunity in OT to seal it. We all see his penetration and how hard he works on those plays where he barely misses the QB cause he got held or pushed, he's an animal and so is the rest of that outstanding Defense.

I guess what I'm doing here (aside from praising the D) is trying to appreciate what got us to this position, and allow us to achieve something that's not only so great, but something no one in this world would believe a little while ago. This defense will be the reason we make it far next season, and I think our staff should do the best job they can to retain these acquisitions cause relying on our Offense certainly wouldn't work.

Best way to deal with this depression, IMO would be to see what our team as a whole has to offer, and our potential. Yeah, next season ain't around the corner, and we gotta watch these b****es play in the SB, but when the time does come, I'm sure everyone will be up and cheering for this team cause we all know what we're capable of.

Making it to the NFC Championship and losing in OT by a muffed punt?

and people want to say we didn't "deserve" to be in the SB... Do me a favor and slap yourself because if we didn't deserve it why in the f*** did we work so damn hard for in building such a strong mental and physical team? Top 2 ranked Defense and people on this board have the nerve...

All I gotta say is Defense wins Championships.

We have a top notch Defense that's incomparable with any other team in the league, so you go ahead and put the puzzle pieces together for what's in store next season.
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Jan 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone