CB Carlos Rogers
FB Moran Norris
QB Alex Smith
S Reggie Smith
OL Adam Snyder
WR Brett Swain
S Madieu Williams

The ones in bold.
The Hawk and Rogers should be the priority. Then Brooks and Ginn at the right price. We need to let Kap take over for Alex at some point, when that is only Harbaugh knows. But we need a young big bodied WR to help open things up. Every one else is replaceable......
Our biggest challenge is keeping this coaching staff together! Most crucial IMO!
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Unrestricted free agents
LB Ahmad Brooks
LB Blake Costanzo
WR Ted Ginn
S Dashon Goldson
LB Tavares Gooden
WR Joshua Morgan
TE Justin Peelle
RG Chilo Rachal
CB Carlos Rogers
FB Moran Norris
QB Alex Smith
S Reggie Smith
OL Adam Snyder
WR Brett Swain
S Madieu Williams

Sign Peyton Manning, if you can't then resign Alex for 2 years tops.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Jan 23, 2012 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Isn't Goodwin an FA too?

goodwin signed for 3 yrs
Wow, so many key free agents -- it all depends on price...(Not sure my guestimates of value are accurate - thoughts?)

LB Ahmad Brooks -- Love to keep him, hope the price isn't sky high -- $3MM per year?

LB Blake Costanzo -- Love him on ST, should be able to keep him -- $1.5MM per year?

WR Ted Ginn -- Darn, I was going to say "at a reasonable price", but now.....maybe a little more would be okay :) $2.5MM per year

S Dashon Goldson -- He was great this year -- the big problem? Is he freelancing or is the scheme designed for him to take chances? Only the coaches know if his success is due to his athleticism and talent or scheme. If its him, he'll get a big money offer, if its the scheme, he will get a big money offer and walk without much effort by the 9ers. I leave this one totally to the coaches and trust what happens. IF he is an elite safety in coaches opionion, he'll command $5.5 - $6.5MM per year?? If not, we tender him an offer at $4.5MM

LB Tavares Gooden -- keep him at market only

WR Joshua Morgan -- I personally think he is a better #2 than Crabs -- he has better size and willingness to play tough for the ball. $2.5MM per year? (I think a lot of JH compliments of Crabs this season were public encouragement to a player he was struggling with internally. Wish he could be traded, but doubt we'd get anything of value for him.)

TE Justin Peelle -- too easily replaceable, probably won't even keep at market with Nate Byham coming back.

RG Chilo Rachal -- gone, don't even offer minimum. Did you notice that when Iupati was injured, Snyder moved to LG and Chilo to RG? Really, he couldn't even learn the swing role?

CB Carlos Rogers -- PRIORITY for me. Did you read his comments about team first? I love this guy. $7.5MM year?

FB Moran Norris -- Not needed, past his prime.

QB Alex Smith -- Must resign and see if he can take the next step this offseason. A little disconcerting that JH already said there will be competition between the QBs this offseason -- but fair. JH needs to establish that right now. I have no doubt, with a year of experience under their belt, the staff will have a regimen of exercises for each player for the offseason. For Smith, it will be A. throwing into tight coverage, and B. it will be rolling left and throwing on the move. I hope he can get a crew together of his receivers AND DBs to work on this all offseason to develop a comfort level.

S Reggie Smith -- I don't see them making him a priority, his play seemed average at best to me.

OL Adam Snyder -- at market only. He was a big improvement over Chilo, but when you rewatch games (especially in slow motion) he misses blocks all over the place.

WR Brett Swain -- no need

S Madieu Williams -- no need

SPILLER -- isn't he a FA? I love this guy, very strong ST player and showed up big on defense also.

GRANT -- isn't he a FA? Or RFA? I'd love to keep him, but we'll probably not be able to match the starter money offers he will receive to keep him as a back-up. Which means we have to find a replacement.

SIGN -- Big #1 WR AND draft a couple to groom too. They need a couple of years to develop real chemistry with the QB (Look at the number of years Brees, Rivers, Eli, etc have been with the same receivers).
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Why in the world do people want Snyder back?

Because he was a pretty good RG for most of the year. Sure, not all pro, and if you can get an improvement you do, but resigning him definitely helps make RG not as high a need as not resigning him.

I leave his grades to the coaches of course, but when I rewatched the game and could slow down plays and pause action, I often saw Snyder missing blocks when he pulled, etc. I think he may have only looked good because he replaced Chilo.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Unrestricted free agents
LB Ahmad Brooks
LB Blake Costanzo
WR Ted Ginn (Only as PR)
S Dashon Goldson
LB Tavares Gooden
WR Joshua Morgan
TE Justin Peelle
RG Chilo Rachal
CB Carlos Rogers
FB Moran Norris
QB Alex Smith
S Reggie Smith
OL Adam Snyder
WR Brett Swain
S Madieu Williams

Those are my must-haves.
just make sure goldson is #1 priority. #2 is rogers....worse case scenario if some other team goes crazy for the guy....we'll have brown start with cully, brock, and spencer competing for the #2 cb spot. i think goldson overall production would be the hardest to replace....heck even though he colided with the other cbs for those ints last night..as a safety he was able to read a great qb like eli and cover alot of ground and almost pick it multiple times. i hate the idea of replacing goldsons overall productivity with reggie smith :x or some other free agent. again, make sure you get goldson first no matter what... then work on the rest.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Just make sure K. Williams doesn't come back.

x2

Pretty obvious who we need to resign..

Definitely

LB Blake Costanzo
WR Ted Ginn
S Dashon Goldson
WR Joshua Morgan
CB Carlos Rogers
QB Alex Smith(appropriate deal I'm thinking along the lines of 2-3 years 15-20 mil)

Icing on the cake

LB Ahmad Brooks
S Reggie Smith
OL Adam Snyder

The entire receiving corps needs to be revamped, very puzzled on how we missed out on Baldwin I mean harbaugh had to know he worth a 7th round pick right?? I say keep ginn & Crabtree, sign a few guys & draft a few guys. Upgrading the wr position should be the focus of the 49ers off season.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Just make sure K. Williams doesn't come back.

x2

Pretty obvious who we need to resign..

Definitely

LB Blake Costanzo
WR Ted Ginn
S Dashon Goldson
WR Joshua Morgan
CB Carlos Rogers
QB Alex Smith(appropriate deal I'm thinking along the lines of 2-3 years 15-20 mil)

Icing on the cake

LB Ahmad Brooks
S Reggie Smith
OL Adam Snyder

The entire receiving corps needs to be revamped, very puzzled on how we missed out on Baldwin I mean harbaugh had to know he worth a 7th round pick right?? I say keep ginn & Crabtree, sign a few guys & draft a few guys. Upgrading the wr position should be the focus of the 49ers off season.

No way Alex signs for 2 - 3 years at 20 million total. He is going to command 10 to 13 a year.
If we are able to land Jackson, do we need GInn back?