LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

The Blame Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
He was up...the play was ruled dead because of forward progress...it was the right call.

The rule isn't great, but the refs made the right call in the constraints of the rule.

It was just the fastest whistle to call forward progress had been stopped in the history of the game.
Originally posted by Janitor:
We lost the game. The offense simply didn't produce.

The offense produced enough to win....much like most of our games this year.
It was the correct call. Even Mike Periera (former head of officiating) said forward progress was stopped, and it was not a fumble. You can take issue with the rule, but not the call. Officials got it right.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
He was up...the play was ruled dead because of forward progress...it was the right call.

The rule isn't great, but the refs made the right call in the constraints of the rule.

Originally posted by darum:
No brainer call for the refs, ahmad had been stopped and was being pulled backwards. Play is ruled dead as soon as he stops moving forward.

Deez. Lulz at people complaining about this. It was the right call. Not converting 3rd downs. Letting Cruz shred us. Fumbling punts. Niners lost that game, not the refs.
I completely agree with Goodwin.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Deez. Lulz at people complaining about this. It was the right call. Not converting 3rd downs. Letting Cruz shred us. Fumbling punts. Niners lost that game, not the refs.

This.

Disappointed in the team performance today. We are better than this game showed. But as inconsistent as we just proved.
Foward Progress. To be honest, we need some WRS! I say we trade up for one or trade for calvin johnson; only two options to improve this team.
We had a good scoring drive, stopped the giants then try to do a like double reverse....

Why? all season long when we did gimick s**t it didnt work. And wtf why did we stop running the f**king rock? Kendall hunter got good gains on most of his runs, but he hardly got any attempts???

Alex smith was running for his life all game, as soon as Chilo comes in, pressure comes right from his area. Fox posted up a stat at one point about us only having 1 catch from our WR's, and it was the f**king 4th Quarter?

Some heads on our WR core need to roll, this s**t can't continue.
Originally posted by kingairta:
And who would take williams place had he been yanked?

Kendall Hunter
Dixon will be gone next year. Niners will draft a big running back that hits the hole hard but.........WHY NOT RUN FRANK GORE INSTEAD OF DIXON. He was running well the whole game. The passing game was struggling. NO ROLL OUTS for Alex Smith. Roman called a horrible game for our last five possessions, he kept going deep where that isn't our strength. Throw quicker passes and get the ball out that's west coast offense. Really frustrated. I was at the game today. It all went downhill after K Williams got close to the punt. WHY IN THE HELL DID HE DO THAT???????? But then we had our chances to win but we couldn't get anything going and played into the strengh of the giants who got to just rush the passer and not think about the run. SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!! We should have won the game. Defense stepped up huge in the second half.

With that being said, it was a great run for the Niners. We did it this year with a great defense and special teams and a pathetic but mistake free O. And today we made the mistakes with the fumbles and it cost us the game.

ya blame them for giving us a thrilling year
I don't mind the call, but just got be more cosistant with it. I watch other games and I see players fighting for yards and get hit and pushed backwards, but still are allowed to break out of the tackles for second and third efforts. On short yardage runs and QB sneaks, how often you see their forward progress is stop but they keep their legs moving and break out takles and still allow to gain positive yards? I take it back, the refs have been consistant with that call. They called the same thing the last time the 49ers and Giants played in the regulars season.
Originally posted by TT49ers:
I don't mind the call, but just got be more cosistant with it. I watch other games and I see players fighting for yards and get hit and pushed backwards, but still are allowed to break out of the tackles for second and third efforts. On short yardage runs and QB sneaks, how often you see their forward progress is stop but they keep their legs moving and break out takles and still allow to gain positive yards? I take it back, the refs have been consistant with that call. They called the same thing the last time the 49ers and Giants played in the regulars season.

Yup gave the giants a free fg when it shouldn't of been. Wow
the rule is the rule but in my book that was a fumble esp in real time as the ref saw it. ball was out before he hit the ground. period. no need to complicate a simple issue. but we still had plenty of opportunities to win such as running the ball more in the fourth to set up more third and shorts.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Foward Progress. To be honest, we need some WRS! I say we trade up for one or trade for calvin johnson; only two options to improve this team.

Why in the WORLD would Detroit trade C. Johnson? They would be idiots to do so even for 3 first round draft picks.
Share 49ersWebzone