There are 280 users in the forums

The Blame Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Williams was awful from the beginning. He almost lost that fumble on the reverse. Fair catching balls with no one around him for at least 10 good yards. Diving for balls...for what reason I have no idea. Not to mention he was completely useless as a receiver. Harbaugh should of yanked Williams.

Roman must of thought Alex was Young, Crabtree was Rice, and Gore was Terry Kirby. He completely got away from the run in the 2nd half When he did call run plays, it was either sweeps or draws from the gun.....
Originally posted by Apone:
Williams was awful from the beginning. He almost lost that fumble on the reverse. Fair catching balls with no one around him for at least 10 good yards. Diving for balls...for what reason I have no idea. Not to mention he was completely useless as a receiver. Harbaugh should of yanked Williams.

Roman must of thought Alex was Young, Crabtree was Rice, and Gore was Terry Kirby. He completely got away from the run in the 2nd half When he did call run plays, it was either sweeps or draws from the gun.....

Lots of blame to go around... Roman didn't call a good game IMO. Guess it would help if the WRs got open. We really played not to lose.
Originally posted by Apone:

The lack of run plays pissed me off more than anything. We were running on them well then when the game was on the line he puts Alex in the gun and the Giants dropped everyone into coverage. I think Roman made some bonehead calls in this game we had our opportunities win but couldnt get it done.
And who would take williams place had he been yanked?
IDK why we abandoned the run. It was working fine for the most part.
dunno WHY we used Dix on 2 straight plays (esp on 3rd & 1) on a critical drive late...keeping that drive alive and @ least getting 3 pts might've iced it....
In regards to Kyle Williams, I've felt he's a bit of a risk-taker when it comes to fielding punts. And today it hurt us. Seely and Harbaugh should've tried to rein him in and get it under control. Who makes a DIVING catch for a punt when you could just call fair catch, run away, and yell at your teammates to get away?

In regards to the playcalling... the only thing I can say, in hindsight, is that we got away from the run game too much in the fourth quarter and overtime. I think that's an inexperience thing. They probably "felt" like they were in a shootout and went into passing mode. We ran the ball very well on first and second down, for the most part, throughout the game.
agree, i dont know what those dudes were thinking with williams i dont understand it, during the season he would always do risky stuff and to have him in there in the nfc championship again and again was crazy i didnt get it
Originally posted by kingairta:
And who would take williams place had he been yanked?

hunter or reggie smith
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The Harbaugh's cant get to the big game.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
IDK why we abandoned the run. It was working fine for the most part.

Part of me realizes there must be a lot of the playbook to install and with no offseason we should keep Roman (plus for Alex's sake) but another part is like let him go. I guess it's Coach Harbaugh's philosophy of playing it safe and not to lose as well. Either way we need playmakers especially at WR.
If he fair catches all of the balls... we might be playing in the superbowl... JUST SAYING...

I thought the run game did well, pass game was crap, and special teams did what they do (minus the turnovers...)

Defense played well.. we held Eli to 6 yds per attempt... thats some legit s**t...

in the end special teams cost us the game...
ST coach should've told KW to just get the hell out of the way of the ball if he didn't have a clean return lane. That diving catch he made earlier should've alerted the ST coach as to what might happen.
Getting away from the run game was very unsettling, that drive when they got the ball back with 2 minutes left, they could have run it a few times instead of just chucking the ball wildly, Gore was gashing the Giants but just like the Packers last week, the 49ers did not stick with the run.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
dunno WHY we used Dix on 2 straight plays (esp on 3rd & 1) on a critical drive late...keeping that drive alive and @ least getting 3 pts might've iced it....

Very true. Overall, they definitely should have ran more.
Share 49ersWebzone