LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

The Blame Game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Apone:
Williams was awful from the beginning. He almost lost that fumble on the reverse. Fair catching balls with no one around him for at least 10 good yards. Diving for balls...for what reason I have no idea. Not to mention he was completely useless as a receiver. Harbaugh should of yanked Williams.

Roman must of thought Alex was Young, Crabtree was Rice, and Gore was Terry Kirby. He completely got away from the run in the 2nd half When he did call run plays, it was either sweeps or draws from the gun.....

The lack of run plays pissed me off more than anything. We were running on them well then when the game was on the line he puts Alex in the gun and the Giants dropped everyone into coverage. I think Roman made some bonehead calls in this game we had our opportunities win but couldnt get it done.
Thissssssssssss. Run the ball on first down instead of Alex throwing it in the dirt after a rollout over and over again.
My only criticism is the shot-gun passing game late - it was obvious we had no receivers that could get open against their 7 in coverage. The last two games we've had early trick plays called deep in our own territory that nearly cost us. Williams played like a rookie - those were big shoes to fill in an NFC Championship game. What can you do - he was the only one available.
Originally posted by Apone:
Roman must of thought Alex was Young, Crabtree was Rice, and Gore was Terry Kirby. He completely got away from the run in the 2nd half When he did call run plays, it was either sweeps or draws from the gun.....

I think that's a very good observation and one that has really bugged me throughout the latter part of the season. We were pounding the ball with good results in the first half and I was expecting Roman to beat the Giants front seven into submission in the second half...then he took his boot off their throat and went pass happy. He's been doing that for two months, and I just don't understand it. Gore looked great tonight and his cuts were as good as we've seen since September.

In boxing you always punch the cut eye. I don't know why we didn't do the same tonight.
A bunch of overreactions as i expected to see....
Originally posted by susweel:
The Harbaugh's cant get to the big game.

Rofl... I take the over...

and you will owe me a signed Alex Smith Jersey when we make it to the big game...

This was Jim's first year as HC... with no Off Season... and you spew your negativity... effing disgusting...

Niners win in dramatic fashion ur all over Alex's nuts... We lose a close game to some bullcrap special teams plays and now Harbaughs cant make it to the big game... I applaud your trolling sir... however...

I would hate to have your balance and calves as big as yours riding that fence... I think my balls would beg for me to pick a side...
Originally posted by susweel:
The Harbaugh's cant get to the big game.

They didn't fumble twice or miss an easy kick.
I blame these two just as much as Williams. There PC was down right sick during the 2nd half.

However they are young and this was there first rodeo. We win and lose as a UNIT no single player or coach cost us this game

I feel bad for Williams though and I want him back next year
The coaches and managment deserve blame but not for the reasons you mention. They deserve blame because they failed to address the glaring weekness of our WR corps. The signed brett swain, released braylon edwards and that was it. Its been a weekness all season and tonight we couldnt cover it up....2 catches total by WR.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Prodig33:
Rofl... I take the over...

and you will owe me a signed Alex Smith Jersey when we make it to the big game...

This was Jim's first year as HC... with no Off Season... and you spew your negativity... effing disgusting...

Niners win in dramatic fashion ur all over Alex's nuts... We lose a close game to some bullcrap special teams plays and now Harbaughs cant make it to the big game... I applaud your trolling sir... however...

I would hate to have your balance and calves as big as yours riding that fence... I think my balls would beg for me to pick a side...

Originally posted by niners94:
They didn't fumble twice or miss an easy kick.

Well they couldnt do it today or John is past years. Also chill out guys they still got more chances.
It looked like the Giants RB was clearly up. Not down. And they blew the whistle early. The ball clearly came out. We would have had the ball around the 20 yard line. Maybe a field goal to win....

yup thats a dumb goodell "protect the players" rule
The players lost the game because they didn't make the key plays.

The end.
don't remind me of the terrible call.
I agree Its not just KW but Giants had fair share of mistakes as well, with few things go our way like missed INTs, Niners could easily win the game. I guess this week was a whole new deal for Jim as a coach and couldn't make it happen.
Originally posted by Husker49er:
Thissssssssssss. Run the ball on first down instead of Alex throwing it in the dirt after a rollout over and over again.

Everyone on the niners side of the bar was saying the same thing. Me, my friend, and two other dudes we met there in particular.

Utterly inexplicable. They could not stop Gore, or Hunter for that matter. We run the ball in the 4th quarter and we win the game. This is after Williams first f**king fumble. We still win the game if we run the ball. IN addition, why the f**k was Dixon in there? I can maybe understand the 2nd down carry. But 2 in a row. Unless is comes out that Gore was injured sometime in the 2nd half, the decision to put the game on Alex when Gore was getting at least 4 YPC each time is inexcusable.

I am never going to forget this loss. It's setting in now. We should be playing in this game. I don't think there's ever been a team more undeserving of getting a SB berth than this Giants team. I could have accepted a loss much more easily had Eli led the Giants down for a decisive score, even after the 1st Williams fumble because we had several opportunities to win. But in OT it was obvious that we were the better team.

I feel so bad, especially for the entire D and Vernon Davis and Frank Gore. They deserved this. They played their hearts out. They should be in the SB. And Williams cost them their shot, along with the idiotic 4th quarter play calling. We had a great FG drive mixing up the plays. We had tons of time and all 3 TOs on the rest of our possessions, yet went pass and ran only out of the shotgun on unmakeable distances.

I don't think I'm ever going to get over this one...and I don't feel like we'll have a better opportunity to return to the SB for a long, long time. Our division is getting better, quickly. The NFC south is strong. The East always has several teams in contention. The North has the Packers and Lions. The start aligned for a remarkable, special SB run. And we gave it all away.
Share 49ersWebzone