There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Did Eric Davis ruin Ted Robinson's TD Call on 'The Catch III" ?

Did Eric Davis ruin Ted Robinson's TD Call on 'The Catch III" ?

No way great call it was raw emotion and showed not only he was paying attention and that he really cares... But if the pass was picked off or droppped it would have sucked.
Eric's only mistakes (remember this is his 1st year as a color commentator):

- setting himself up for a potential noob moment with his "he's got it! he's got it!" call (what if Alex's pass to VD had fallen incomplete or worse?)
- yelling "whoo-hoo!" over Ted while he was finishing his call

anyone who's heard the recent promos on KNBR that's highlighted the radio calls of all 3 "The Catch"es (Lon Simmons, Joe Starkey, and Ted Robinson/Eric Davis) will see the latter's weakness in having two guys yelling over each other....but hey, it was spontaneous and I'll allow that Eric's enthusiasm for the moment may grow on me with time
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 20, 2012 at 4:11 AM ]
I kinda wish Gus Johnson was calling the game.
the yell was the best part!
really? 1 win away from the Super Bowl and this is what we're talking about?
I have to comment on this. Eric Davis made that call IMO!! He's not yelling he's got it. He's yelling hot him. As in, its there if he fires it in there. And Alex obviously did just that. As soon as he yelled got him. It instantly draws your attention to the endzone and you cant help but notice Davis over the middle larger than life. It was an amazing call by both gentlemen and Davis being overcome by pure emotion and joy is by far the best part of the call. I sounded the same way as soon as Davis caught the ball!! GO NINERS!
Not at all
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Garcia:
He is a color commentator.

RACIST

• NickV
  • Veteran
Honestly, if you didn't like the call there is something wrong with you. Period, end of story.
You guys need to hear the Spanish version of this call, its on 49ers.com

Seems like he stole a little bit of TR's thunder on that call.

Agree?

Heck no.....this was the greatest call and reaction ever! I loved every bit of it!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Eric's only mistakes (remember this is his 1st year as a color commentator):

- setting himself up for a potential noob moment with his "he's got it! he's got it!" call (what if Alex's pass to VD had fallen incomplete or worse?)
- yelling "whoo-hoo!" over Ted while he was finishing his call

anyone who's heard the recent promos on KNBR that's highlighted the radio calls of all 3 "The Catch"es (Lon Simmons, Joe Starkey, and Ted Robinson/Eric Davis) will see the latter's weakness in having two guys yelling over each other....but hey, it was spontaneous and I'll allow that Eric's enthusiasm for the moment may grow on me with time

I don't believe Lon Simmons made the original "Catch" call. Can't remember the guys name, but I don't think it was Simmons.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

RACIST

Double reverse racism.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
it was pure fn emotion...I LOVED IT
Not at all. I would have Wooo-Hooo'ed too!! GOT IT!!! GOT!!!