LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 193 users in the forums

Did Eric Davis ruin Ted Robinson's TD Call on 'The Catch III" ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Eric Davis ruin Ted Robinson's TD Call on 'The Catch III" ?

Why is it that none of you find it strange that nobody else screwed up the calls for The Catch or The Catch 2 by shrieking like a girl? Save that crap about being a former player. Lots of NFL radio teams feature former players, but I've never heard anyone sound like a 12 year old girl. Some of my favorite radio calls do feature the color man yelling, but it's normally something simple like "Yes!" or something specific about the play itself. Raising your voice 10 octaves and squealing "Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo" is lame as all.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Why is it that none of you find it strange that nobody else screwed up the calls for The Catch or The Catch 2 by shrieking like a girl? Save that crap about being a former player. Lots of NFL radio teams feature former players, but I've never heard anyone sound like a 12 year old girl. Some of my favorite radio calls do feature the color man yelling, but it's normally something simple like "Yes!" or something specific about the play itself. Raising your voice 10 octaves and squealing "Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo" is lame as all.

most color commentators know to STFU when an historic call is being made....it's ED's 1st year in the booth so I'll cut him slack...he probably already got spoken to by KNBR
Great call, love the emotion
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:

I loved it. It added so much to the call. I especially loved the "Got him" right before the catch was made. I love the true emotion. The call wouldn't be as good without him.
Share 49ersWebzone