LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Did Eric Davis ruin Ted Robinson's TD Call on 'The Catch III" ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Did Eric Davis ruin Ted Robinson's TD Call on 'The Catch III" ?

He made it better IMO.
Originally posted by YungAce:
He made it better IMO.

This.
otb

this topic was already beaten like a dead horse over the weekend....move along

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/162342-knbr-radio-broadcast/
I thought it added to the call. If anything I thought it made it better, Got Heeeeem. There is no substitute for raw emotion to put you in the moment. I must say it gives me chills when I hear it again. It's up there with the sentimental value like when Joe Starkey call when he said He Caught It, He caught it, when T.O caught the that pass from Steve Young against the Packers. Sorry I will not refer to it as the Catch 2. We can be more creative then that. But the Ted Robinson and Eric Davis call was awesome. I can't wait to see what they come up with this sunday. GO 49ers!
he made it genuine!!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
He made it better IMO.

This.
pure and genuine emotion
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Garcia:
He is a color commentator.

RACIST

Davis' "WOOOOOOOOO" sounds were very genuine, and reminiscent of Madden's "OOOOO HOOO HOOOOOO" after the Catch II.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
He made it better IMO.

This.
pure and genuine emotion

Love it!
He made it better IMO.

This.

+1

I agree that the spontaneity and emotion of Davis make it even better. It is great to hear a former player caught up in the very palpable emotion of the moment. What a great time to be a fan! To be witness to an all time great finish, not to mention the redemption of a much maligned Alex Smith. As a fan of this team for 31 years, the way that last four minutes of that game is right up there with the original catch. What a privilege to witness such memorable moments. I will never forget where I was when the Phoenix arose from the ashes to crush the last bit of hope in Drew Brees and the Saints. Now on to the next obstacle in between the Niners and destiny.
"Got Him....Got Him!!!!!!" Loved it.

Honestly...you should probably find a hobby.

Stamps?
I as well loved it! Glad to hear that emotion!
I don't think he stole his thunder at all. I could hear everything Ted said. As a former player and a fan Eric couldn't hold it in. It was live and it was great.......
Share 49ersWebzone