There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

who do the 49ers match up better against-Patriots or Ravens?

You guys are thinking about this already?! lol

My minds too busy thinking about what's gonna happen this weekend.
We've proven we can beat a high powered offense in New Orleans and we lost to Baltimore, albeit in their place. I personally think we match up better against a great offense with a bad defense, so New England.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Stop this nonsense. this question is not valuable. that game means nothing if we do not win sunday.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Stop this nonsense. this question is not valuable. that game means nothing if we do not win sunday.

Does no harm to foreshadow.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

I think it does.we did that with arizona and see where it got us. You set yourself up for failure when you start down this road but whatever
The Pats.

That Raven D gave us hell on Thanksgiving...Frank had 14 runs for 39 yards and Alex had a season low QB Rate of 61.1.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

I think it does.we did that with arizona and see where it got us. You set yourself up for failure when you start down this road but whatever
Cause we as fans, looking ahead have any influence on how the San Francisco 49ers play this Sunday? Please...
Offenensively or defensively? To be honest I think the Offense is better off agains the pats D. That being said the ravens O is better for us. All things being equal I would rather exact revenge on the Ravens. We can beat them. We will have plenty of time to prepare. We can stop rice. We can make flacco 1 dimensional and make him pay. We can score on them and move the ball. The ravens will also give the pats a preview for us. The formula for beating us and the ravens is very similar. You want to see what our D will look like vs. the pats then look no farther than the AFC championship. Matchup wise the best case scenario is that a Beat up Pats go to the bowl vs. a healthy niners team. All that being said. I'm putting my money on a harbowl. It will be a game for the ages.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Ravens it's hard to beat a team twice in 1 year!
Originally posted by VA49er:
Offenensively or defensively? To be honest I think the Offense is better off agains the pats D. That being said the ravens O is better for us. All things being equal I would rather exact revenge on the Ravens. We can beat them. We will have plenty of time to prepare. We can stop rice. We can make flacco 1 dimensional and make him pay. We can score on them and move the ball. The ravens will also give the pats a preview for us. The formula for beating us and the ravens is very similar. You want to see what our D will look like vs. the pats then look no farther than the AFC championship. Matchup wise the best case scenario is that a Beat up Pats go to the bowl vs. a healthy niners team. All that being said. I'm putting my money on a harbowl. It will be a game for the ages.

This is a scary thought. If the Pats beat up on the Ravens D and win, they can likely do the same to us. The other side is if the Ravens D holds the Pats down, the SB could turn into a real D struggle (assuming we win against NY). Our big hope with that would be that we learned enough from our last game with them that we can stop their O.
We don't play either team this weekend.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
Ravens it's hard to beat a team twice in 1 year!

So you expect the 49ers to lose to the Giants?
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I hope our team is not having this discussion right now.
Patriots. The Saints had a legit running game before they came to us, Pats still dont have any. And their D sucks.
Lock this thread!