LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 258 users in the forums

who do the 49ers match up better against-Patriots or Ravens?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know if there is anyone who can cover Gronk and Hernandez at the same time. Only way to beat Patriots is to crush Brady with instant pressure to the point where he has no time to hit any receiver.
Hello, anyone home??? You gotta win the game first, before you wonder if you can possibly beat the Pats or Ravens!
Anybody who would rather face Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Wes Welker, and Aaron Hernandez rather than a banged up and old Ravens D, and a weak Ravens offense, is HIGH.

I want NO part of the Patriots. I think we could beat the Ravens with 2 weeks to prepare, on a neutral site this time. we know we could hang with them for 3 quarters on the road, short week. I really, really dont want to see how our D stacks up against the Patriots offensive machine. id rather pit mediocre O vs. mediocre O, and great D vs. great D, and see who comes out on top.

Regardless of how bad the NE defense is, anybody who actually prefers to play them is asking for a Super Bowl loss. youre insane. the matchup we want is clearly the Ravens. unfortunately im not sure BAL can beat NE.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Anybody who would rather face Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Wes Welker, and Aaron Hernandez rather than a banged up and old Ravens D, and a weak Ravens offense, is HIGH.

I want NO part of the Patriots. I think we could beat the Ravens with 2 weeks to prepare, on a neutral site this time. we know we could hang with them for 3 quarters on the road, short week. I really, really dont want to see how our D stacks up against the Patriots offensive machine. id rather pit mediocre O vs. mediocre O, and great D vs. great D, and see who comes out on top.

Regardless of how bad the NE defense is, anybody who actually prefers to play them is asking for a Super Bowl loss. youre insane. the matchup we want is clearly the Ravens. unfortunately im not sure BAL can beat NE.

You do know the Pats haven't beaten anybody this year?
Losses: BUF (when BUF was playing well), PIT, and NYG.

Wins: MIA, SD, OAK, NYJ, DAL, NYJ, KC, PHI, IND, WAS, DEN, MIA, BUF These are some seriously weak teams. The stronger teams in this list like DAL, NY barely scored 20 against.

NE average margin of victory vs the more solid teams on that entire list isn't very impressive. They've played DEN in the playoffs. Come on, they have far too many weaknesses.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM ]
we can beat the afc pro bowl team
patriots are not all that. their d is weak and our d can stop anybody
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't know if there is anyone who can cover Gronk and Hernandez at the same time. Only way to beat Patriots is to crush Brady with instant pressure to the point where he has no time to hit any receiver.

This.

NE's offense is the equal of NO but different. Their defense is a bit better...but not MUCH. I think we'd see the same kind of battle we had with NO.

Ravens is a great defense...mirror images. Low scoring game...and one score could decide the game.

I don't see how we have a better chance against either team. But we certainly have a chance if we make it past the Giants.
Ravens. Jims been the overachiever in that family forever he probably just let his brother win one for Sng's.
Originally posted by Archie:
I think the Patriots because they have not beat a team with a winning record and they have a last place defense.

This.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by titan:
Ravens it's hard to beat a team twice in 1 year!

So you expect the 49ers to lose to the Giants?

I want us to win, but there's a lot of fans think it's an easy game.

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Stop this nonsense. this question is not valuable. that game means nothing if we do not win sunday.

Does no harm to foreshadow.
I think it does.we did that with arizona and see where it got us. You set yourself up for failure when you start down this road but whatever

yea...im pretty sure that my foreshadowing is the reason why we lost against Arizona.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Stop this nonsense. this question is not valuable. that game means nothing if we do not win sunday.

I think it does.we did that with arizona and see where it got us. You set yourself up for failure when you start down this road but whatever

yea...im pretty sure that my foreshadowing is the reason why we lost against Arizona.

For reals... I applaud the fandom cciowa, but seriously, I wasnt on the field whiffing and missing tackles in the AZ game (Although, I surely would have if I were in the game :D)

I'm sure us as fans have plenty of time to focus on this and the Giants at the same time... Can't we all just enjoy the fun?! It's January and we aren't talking about who we are going to draft at pick #7... This feels pretty damn good. :p
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

yup. over confidence......
Still a good question.

We know Jim's bro knows how to shut him down.

We know they will gladly conspire as a family to thwart Belliceck.

Then there's that whole Houston factor. They get the first crack at NE one week before us.

The NFL scheduled a crazy ass December lol.
We will crush them both.
Share 49ersWebzone