LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

who do the 49ers match up better against-Patriots or Ravens?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
discuss.
Patriots, that ravens d is pretty nasty.
I unno. I rather face the Ravens than the Patriots. The Patriots will score 30 on our D and the Ravens at the max would score 17. I rather take my chances on the Ravens than the Patriots. Plus the Ravens don't have Tom terrific.
Talk to me on Monday
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Talk to me on Monday

AFC Championship will be over by then
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Please lock this s**t til monday.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Talk to me on Monday

AFC Championship will be over by then

• vaden
  • Veteran
Ravens by far. I don't care what we saw on Thanksgiving on 3 days' rest, we are superior at most positions, including a big advantage at QB

Patriots' D is vastly underrated and we saw how much trouble our LBs had covering Sproles and Graham, so I don't like our chances against Hernandez and Gronk
Please don't jinx us. As above, wait until Monday
Originally posted by vaden:
Ravens by far. I don't care what we saw on Thanksgiving on 3 days' rest, we are superior at most positions, including a big advantage at QB

Patriots' D is vastly underrated and we saw how much trouble our LBs had covering Sproles and Graham, so I don't like our chances against Hernandez and Gronk

i am way more confident of our LB's being able to cover gronk and hernandez then sproles and graham. So im not worried.

First off, let's beat the Giants first! But if we are allowed to dream and a we do get to the Superbowl then I want the Patriots! Taking down Belichick and Brady would be fantastic, especially since so many compare them to the 49ers of the 80's. Plus we can score on their defense and their RBs will do nothing against our D. So we can focus on keeping Brady on his back.

I hope 49ers / Patriots happens!

But we have to get through the Giants first and that is going to be a huge challenge.
[ Edited by balckyball on Jan 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

OK, seeing as how the giants and niners are very similar. who poses the biggest threat to them.

i do not care who it is.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

OK, seeing as how the giants and niners are very similar. who poses the biggest threat to them.

i do not care who it is.
Hmm...On one hand we beat Brees so I feel like as scary as Brady is, we have a chance to beat anyone with our defense.

Better matchup is tough to call, if it's a shootout obviously Eli can match Brady drive for drive. If Brady can blow past the ravens D(With Ed Reed), I would certainly be worried. We still had too many stretches of the last game where our offense did absolutely nothing.

I'm not quite as worried about the Ravens, they beat us at their place when we only had 3 days to travel cross country and get ready. We'd be much more prepared and the guys would have even more fire knowing the team bested them in November.

However, a win against the Patriots certainly would shut up any doubters. We'd be the underdogs, and have the advantage that the pats don't know us just as much as we don't know them.(where I'm sure big brother john has been watching plenty of niner footage this season along with the game we played against them)
Talk to me on Monday

Right...........come on guys...NO JINXES Otay!!
IMO its the Pats... With the way Justin and Aldon Smith are playing right now we could seriously make Brady look like a rookie. Our secondary is playing balls out right now and with Willis covering TE's I don't really fear Gronk (don't think he is as fast as Graham but I could be wrong). Baltimore D is obviously way better, but honestly I think either matchup would be fine... I just think we the better one would be against the Pats. Against the Ravens we are too similar and it would end up being a grindfest.
Share 49ersWebzone