There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Giants are more dangerous than the Saints. New Orleans sucks on the road, sucks on grass, has possibly the best quarterback in football, great physical receivers but a s**tty defense, questionable linebackers and a mediocre secondary. Giants have a pretty good quarterback, shifty, fast receivers, a monster defensive line and average play in the secondary but its going to be tougher to move the ball against them, not to mention that Eli is firing on all cylinders and they have guys like Hakeem Nicks, who didn't play in the first game, back in the lineup.

The offense CANNOT go 3 and out over and over against those guys, they also have to be especially careful to protect the ball as the Giants were being aggressive and going after the ball, forcing turnovers by a powerful Packers offense.

I dont agree that they are more dangerous. Kudos to Giants for beating the Pack. But I saw a Packers team that was simply out of sync. Some may attribute that to the Giants, but I saw wide open Packers dropping balls. Not just a little open but wide open. The Giants arent the only team with confidence. Before we beat the Saints, they appeared to be the consensus (most scary team). We beat em and our team BELIEVES in themselves and Harbaugh. The 49ers havent lost at home since week 2 and we have been consistent all year. I believe in this team and have faith in Harbaugh.
Nothing will be easy. No doubt we have to earn it but our guys have played with heart and grit all year. Frustrate Eli a little bit and you can see in his facial expressions that it gets to him.

And no disrespect to the Giants for what they have accomplished but I will take a home game against them over a trip to Lambeau against a team that the 49ers have beat ONCE in the last 20+ years.
We have the better defense, vastly better special teams, Alex Smith is on a mission, and Gore will have more than 13 carries in this game. We are at home and actually have a homefield advantage with the way the fans showed up on Saturday. It is supposed to rain. The Giants have to fly all the way across the country.

Every 49er fan should be very confident about this game.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
We have the better defense, vastly better special teams, Alex Smith is on a mission, and Gore will have more than 13 carries in this game. We are at home and actually have a homefield advantage with the way the fans showed up on Saturday. It is supposed to rain. The Giants have to fly all the way across the country.

THIS!!!!!!!
"You have got to believe"
What's the scouting report on Lawrence Tynes?
Originally posted by okdkid:

"Not David Akers."
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame

i am.

"Not David Akers."

No doubt we have the upper hand. But I think this will come down to our kickers. The conditions appear to be more Candlestick-esque. And we played these guys close last time.

What is this guy's history with clutch kicks in outdoor conditions?
Originally posted by boast:

i am.

The Giants are a team I really didn't want to play again, but after Saturday, I know this is just our year. We won't be denied. There's too many things in our favor.

It'll be a battle, between two QB's who are playing well in the clutch. But the edge will go to the more complete team, and that's the 49ers.
I see us winning a close game thats not decided until the final 3 or 4 minutes!
No doubt we have the upper hand. But I think this will come down to our kickers. The conditions appear to be more Candlestick-esque. And we played these guys close last time.

better yet, Akers hasn't really seen a rainy SF bay area. Hope he can continue to shine
Originally posted by FourNine49:

better yet, Akers hasn't really seen a rainy SF bay area. Hope he can continue to shine

He will. There will be no repeat of the s**t he went through last season.
Difference with this game vs. the last time we played them are the players back that was missing from their roster when we played them. I noticed their pass rush is more efficient and could cause a problem with our line.

the giants have a real hard road ahead of them. They started of by kicking Atlantas ass at home followed by a trip to lambeau and now they will travel to San Francisco. Fatigue needs to be added to this equation. 12 weeks without a break that's 3 months of playing hardnose second half football without time off. Meanwhile the 49ers remain one of the more rested teams. I'm feeling very good about Sunday.
Originally posted by boast:

i am.

Most confident I've been in years! Want to see Smith have another great game but in the rain it might come down to a D battle. With Gore, Hunter and Smith running the 9ers have an advantage. In rain I would guess that NO would have been more dangerous than the Giants due to Sproles. Quick cut guys are dangerous in wet conditions. Williams and Crabtree need to step it up, if for no other reasons than they need to give Smith options other than getting sacked or throwing the ball away.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home