LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Originally posted by BobS:
Last I checked they didn't have a defense, we could put 40 up on them and they won't get that against us.
This.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i was more nervous of the saints than the giants to be honest. so no it would not surprise me if we won this, in fact i expect to win this.
For me, it's the other way around. The Saints' Offense is legit but their defense is very beatable. In contrary to that, the Giants-defense is one of the better d-units in the league and they have a very good offense as well.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If there ever could be a trap game in the playoffs, this feels like it for me. At least as a fan.

I think we can and will win. But I'm very interested to see how Harbaugh gets this team ready.

This is the biggest game of their lives. And it follows the most emotional and physical game the Niners have had in a decade.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by okdkid:
If there ever could be a trap game in the playoffs, this feels like it for me. At least as a fan.

I think we can and will win. But I'm very interested to see how Harbaugh gets this team ready.

This is the biggest game of their lives. And it follows the most emotional and physical game the Niners have had in a decade.

lol. a conference championship game will never be a "trap game".
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

I think you're missing what I'm saying.

Make no mistake. Refocusing for this game after what this team just did will be monumental.

We have the team/staff to do it. I'm just interested in how well they do it.
FITTY/FITTY

...honestly, during the game i was thinking i'd rather play the packers than giants, LOL.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
FITTY/FITTY

...honestly, during the game i was thinking i'd rather play the packers than giants, LOL.

I wanted the 9ers to play Rodgers and GB, then NE and Brady to showcase Smith as an effective QB who belongs with these guys. Have to beat the best to be the best! Now it's Eli and ? Baltimore would be wonderful for the brother bowl aspect and revenge, but beating Brady would also be great!
I'm every bit as worried about this game as I was the Saints game. We're playing a hot team that just took out the Champs. It's going to be a b***h but we have the team to pull it off.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by boast:

I think you're missing what I'm saying.

Make no mistake. Refocusing for this game after what this team just did will be monumental.

We have the team/staff to do it. I'm just interested in how well they do it.

over the course of the season with Harbaugh at the helm, there has been no indication that the team has ever entered a game unfocused. i don't think we have to worry about that in the biggest game of the season so far. i think it really helps that we played these guys already during the regular season, too.
I am very confident that the Niners can beat the Giants, but know that this will be a close game, especially since they have Ahmad Bradshaw, Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyoura back.
The big key now is: Can the 49er's front BLOCK long enough for Alex to complete some passes? They can't always count on their defense to win the games and a breakdown or two can make the difference in winning or losing.

I think that most teams now are keying on Frank Gore and after what Vernon Davis did to the Saints, the Giants will make sure that Vernon doesn't have the same kind of success against them. Time for the other receivers to shine!

But like I said whatever happens, it's been one hell of a season for the UNEXPECTED 49er's. Who would have thunk?

The goldrush gang are back! "There's GOLD in them FOOSEBALL fields" !

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm every bit as worried about this game as I was the Saints game. We're playing a hot team that just took out the Champs. It's going to be a b***h but we have the team to pull it off.

This.

This isn't going to be the team we saw earlier in the year. They are hitting on all cylinders. Their pass rush is fierce but I think our O-Line will be ready because they were fighting blitzes the entire Saints game.

HOWEVER - I don't see us giving up a f**king hail mary TD in the waning seconds of the half. That was a backbreaker (and I thought momentum sealer) in that game. How the hell does that even HAPPEN?!
There are to many keys to this game to list and they would all be cliche anyways. This game, like last week, like pretty much any other game ever played, will be determined in the trenches. The quarterback that gets pressured into the most mistakes is going to lose. Not rocket science. A scheme isn't gonna win this game. It's going to come down to which offensive line can hold up the longest against a very ferocious defense.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
honestly I would have rather faced the Packers than the Giants. The Giants are red hot right now and I felt more confident that we could beat the Packers than I do about beating the Giants again. Going to be a tough game and I hope we can pull it off. It's always hard to beat a team twice.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
HOWEVER - I don't see us giving up a f**king hail mary TD in the waning seconds of the half. That was a backbreaker (and I thought momentum sealer) in that game. How the hell does that even HAPPEN?!

How does golfer make a hole in one? How does a hockey player fire from his own end zone and or a soccer player kick a ball backwards and score?

ACCURACY AND A HELL OF A LOT OF LUCK! That's the nature of the games and they're fun to watch (as long as you're not the losing team)!
Many factors playing into this. Nicks was coming back from injury in the regular season game and Bradshaw was out as well. The Giants were a little beat up at the time. The Niners were missing McDonald and Gore for the most part. Having home field advantage is gonna help. Have heard the fans at the stick be criticized alot in recent years for being quiet but that place was rockin on Saturday and I'm sure it will be loud again on Sunday. 27-20 last time? I expect the same kind of battle this time. Grab the Jack, grab the Pepto and hold on tight. The finger nails are gonna get shorter for this one.
Share 49ersWebzone