LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Well I just bought my Superbowl tickets, that's how confident I am.
Nervous because watching that show on Versus "The Situation" (I believe that's the name of the show) Eli was explaining what we were doing against him and his last words were "We will be ready next time" So yes it's going to be tough.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
We have a better overall defense, and not only that but our defense is the hardest hitting defense in the NFL and they generate turnovers. The turnovers the Giants got against Green Bay were really gifts. The giants didn't force any of them.

Hitting a runner and making him fumble and intercepting a pass are gifts?
We played a hot NYG team in week 10, and they are coming in hot again. Their D is playing pretty good right now but i still think we will come out on top
Originally posted by cris_sonic:
Granted they earn their way into the postseason but This is the same Giants Team that lost to Charlie Whitehurst & the Seattle Seachickens & Rex Grossman & Washington Redskins in their own crib. (last time i checked the Niners beat them all!) Which wishy washy NY Giants is going to show up @ the Stick on Sunday.. that is the question?

So IDIOTIC

This is not the same team that lost to Seattle and Washington..

How hard is it to understand the Giants had their full team on the field the Jets game and since.

Seattle we had no manningham no tuck or osi.
Same team lol

Come on bro
Same game Manningham gift wrapped a INT when he completly stopped running his route. You scored on a long run the next play...

Gotta go both ways with it man.
Originally posted by NYGIANTSFAN516:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
We have a better overall defense, and not only that but our defense is the hardest hitting defense in the NFL and they generate turnovers. The turnovers the Giants got against Green Bay were really gifts. The giants didn't force any of them.

Hitting a runner and making him fumble and intercepting a pass are gifts?

No. They are take-aways. Same thing Saints fans were complaining about. Whitner knocking out Thomas was a gift? These are two very physical teams and it should be a great game. There will be very few "gifts."
Originally posted by Baylor49er:
Very confident. The biggest x factor will be the coaching. Harbaugh is a few steps ahead of the rest of the league right now in creativity.

We are going to win the Super Bowl.

I'm looking forward to the America's Game about this year. I will like to hear Alex's persective on his rocky career. A year ago he was practically booed out of town. A year later, he has a ring.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Your saying Harbaugh (1st year coach) is steps ahead of Coughlin (superbowl), And Bellicheck (3 superbowls)???????
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Very confident. The biggest x factor will be the coaching. Harbaugh is a few steps ahead of the rest of the league right now in creativity.

I'm looking forward to the America's Game about this year. I will like to hear Alex's persective on his rocky career. A year ago he was practically booed out of town. A year later, he has a ring.

Your saying Harbaugh (1st year coach) is steps ahead of Coughlin (superbowl), And Bellicheck (3 superbowls)???????

in creativity, he said.
Originally posted by boast:

in creativity, he said.

He has taken the league by storm, that I agree with.

But I do hope it ends this week.

We will have a wet field after this huge storm hits us this weekend. This makes our power running game that much more important. I'll say advantage 9ers, but it should be interesting.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by cris_sonic:
Granted they earn their way into the postseason but This is the same Giants Team that lost to Charlie Whitehurst & the Seattle Seachickens & Rex Grossman & Washington Redskins in their own crib. (last time i checked the Niners beat them all!) Which wishy washy NY Giants is going to show up @ the Stick on Sunday.. that is the question?

So IDIOTIC

This is not the same team that lost to Seattle and Washington..

How hard is it to understand the Giants had their full team on the field the Jets game and since.

Seattle we had no manningham no tuck or osi.
Same team lol

Come on bro

All you've provided so far are excuses. Every team deals with injuries. We've dealt with some significant ones as well this year. Frank Gore, Ray Mac, Ted Ginn, Patrick Willis have all missed mulitple games while we've still took care of business. Your team is playing well right now, but that doesn't mean your team is immune to falling into the habits consistant with some of your losses (see the Eli Manning that isn't an elite QB). The thing you can say is that we're consistant and you know you're gonna get a tough physical hard fought game with us that is most likely going to be a nail biter, and that's if you play your best.

They arent excuses man, they are facts.

This Giants team , is light years different than the team that lose to Seattle and Washington.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Giants are more dangerous than the Saints. New Orleans sucks on the road, sucks on grass, has possibly the best quarterback in football, great physical receivers but a s**tty defense, questionable linebackers and a mediocre secondary. Giants have a pretty good quarterback, shifty, fast receivers, a monster defensive line and average play in the secondary but its going to be tougher to move the ball against them, not to mention that Eli is firing on all cylinders and they have guys like Hakeem Nicks, who didn't play in the first game, back in the lineup.

The offense CANNOT go 3 and out over and over against those guys, they also have to be especially careful to protect the ball as the Giants were being aggressive and going after the ball, forcing turnovers by a powerful Packers offense.

I dont agree that they are more dangerous. Kudos to Giants for beating the Pack. But I saw a Packers team that was simply out of sync. Some may attribute that to the Giants, but I saw wide open Packers dropping balls. Not just a little open but wide open. The Giants arent the only team with confidence. Before we beat the Saints, they appeared to be the consensus (most scary team). We beat em and our team BELIEVES in themselves and Harbaugh. The 49ers havent lost at home since week 2 and we have been consistent all year. I believe in this team and have faith in Harbaugh.
Nothing will be easy. No doubt we have to earn it but our guys have played with heart and grit all year. Frustrate Eli a little bit and you can see in his facial expressions that it gets to him.

And no disrespect to the Giants for what they have accomplished but I will take a home game against them over a trip to Lambeau against a team that the 49ers have beat ONCE in the last 20+ years.
We have the better defense, vastly better special teams, Alex Smith is on a mission, and Gore will have more than 13 carries in this game. We are at home and actually have a homefield advantage with the way the fans showed up on Saturday. It is supposed to rain. The Giants have to fly all the way across the country.

Every 49er fan should be very confident about this game.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
We have the better defense, vastly better special teams, Alex Smith is on a mission, and Gore will have more than 13 carries in this game. We are at home and actually have a homefield advantage with the way the fans showed up on Saturday. It is supposed to rain. The Giants have to fly all the way across the country.

Every 49er fan should be very confident about this game.

THIS!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone