There are 209 users in the forums

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

why is everyone all of a sudden scared to play the Giants and wouldve rather played the Packers? NFCC in our home, you cant ask for it any better. Yes, the Giants are playing great football... just like the other 3 teams in the conference championships. You are always gonna play a quality team at this point. Bring 'em on
I honestly beleive we will win, but like the majority of the Zoners, I also beleive this will be a dogfight.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm every bit as worried about this game as I was the Saints game. We're playing a hot team that just took out the Champs. It's going to be a b***h but we have the team to pull it off.

I would say we are a hot team as well. We had to win to lock up the 2 seed and did. Some NFC west opponents but that doesnt take away from the fact we did it. Some of us have forgotten how hard it is to win in this league. This season we have done it 14 times. And no blowout losses. The 49ers know this is gonna be a fight. So far they have risen to the occassion and I believe they will do it again.
We have the advantage, Home field and a stud defense that can take the ball away from them multiple times. Also the missing link that we've been looking for is that Alex Smith played lights out against a good Saints team. NYG's have no clue what we'll do on offense this game. +1 for SF. Before teams pretty much arent even concerned about the offense now, if they leave it be we'll wax them with out momentum.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
I just really really hope Tuuk starts talking all kinds of s**t like he did against GB. This 49er team thrives off that kind of s**t and they will be head hunting his ass if he says a peep
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
How does golfer make a hole in one? How does a hockey player fire from his own end zone and or a soccer player kick a ball backwards and score?

ACCURACY AND A HELL OF A LOT OF LUCK! That's the nature of the games and they're fun to watch (as long as you're not the losing team)!

The Packers defense really screwed up there. Why did it seem like the Giants have more players in the vicinity of the falling ball than the Packers?
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
How does golfer make a hole in one? How does a hockey player fire from his own end zone and or a soccer player kick a ball backwards and score?

ACCURACY AND A HELL OF A LOT OF LUCK! That's the nature of the games and they're fun to watch (as long as you're not the losing team)!

The Packers defense really screwed up there. Why did it seem like the Giants have more players in the vicinity of the falling ball than the Packers?

The Giants tricked them into believing they were trying to hurry up and kick the FG, not throw the bomb. The Giants caught the Packers off guard.
Every game but one this year has been close.
I'd feel a hell of a lot better if the Giants hadn't stuffed Gore before he left with an injury in the prior matchup. The ability to run will be key, and we did not run well against these guys last time. Also, we got two picks from Manning, which is probably the max you can expect. On the plus side, Alex is starting to come on strong. Use his wheels! There's nothing to save it for when you're playing to make the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Bucs blowout, Rams blowout.

To me:

Saints>Steelers>Giants.

Jus saying tho.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
To me:

Saints>Steelers>Giants.

Jus saying tho.

Saints>Giants>Steelers
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Bucs blowout, Rams blowout.
Steelers was even a blowout
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Saints>Giants>Steelers

nah foo, nah.
How would you play this game if you was the OC of the giants? Throw the ball like the Saints, Steelers, Lions and take big chances on getting picked off or try to establish the run and throw at last resort? For me both situations are to our favor. Cleat em' up and bring it, may the best team move on.
Share 49ersWebzone