There are 182 users in the forums

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

I'll admit that I voted for somewhat but thats just because you never know on any given sunday. But the fact is we have Harbaugh and they dont!!! The Giants are a good team but no way they steal point against us like they did against the packers. (Nicks first td wouldnt have happened and no way that hail mary works either). Also gotta love the fact that we have an extra days rest and the home team playing a squad that just flew to green bay then has to fly back acroos country in a few days.
I agree with what Warren Sapp said this morning before the game. The Giants would only have an advantage at the Qb and Wr positions. Everything else favors the Niners or is a push.
Originally posted by Garcia:
You can't ask poll questions like this to a biased audience.

I think the results will be pretty obvious.

thought so too but they are not lol
Originally posted by FacePalm:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
We punch them in the mouth. Brandon Jacobs was interviewed after the game by NFL Network, and was asked if he knew what he was in for going to SF. He's eyes got real big and his demeanor obviously changed when he answered it by saying "Oh yeah I know what we're in for"

I don't think I've ever seen a defense that hits so hard that it profoundly changes teams. Eagles, Lions, and Giants are all teams that went into tailspins after we beat them. I hope the same crew that officiated the game Saints will officiate the game with the Giants. The did a terrific job IMO.

Giants went into a tailspin after we beat them? Aren't we playing them for the NFC Championship?

dont forget the bucs
Congratulations, THEB! You're the first person I've ever seen that has put together a proper poll on a five point scale. Way to go, sir!
The Niners have always had shock and awe value and we did it again all year, and to the Saints.

The first time I have actually seen fear on the face of Brees, a great man and qb.

Giants are nervous, bank on it.

And now Smith doesn't doubt himself, like he was told to by far too many losers.
We punch them in the mouth. Brandon Jacobs was interviewed after the game by NFL Network, and was asked if he knew what he was in for going to SF. He's eyes got real big and his demeanor obviously changed when he answered it by saying "Oh yeah I know what we're in for"

I don't think I've ever seen a defense that hits so hard that it profoundly changes teams. Eagles, Lions, and Giants are all teams that went into tailspins after we beat them. I hope the same crew that officiated the game Saints will officiate the game with the Giants. The did a terrific job IMO.

Giants went into a tailspin after we beat them? Aren't we playing them for the NFC Championship?

Well they recovered obviously. But my point is they were hot, and had just beaten the Patriots. They come to our house, get punched in the mouth, and lose 3 straight. They beat the cowf*gs, and then drop another one against the redskins. Then finally they end up playing for their playoff lives in the last game of the reg. season.

Well they recovered obviously. But my point is they were hot, and had just beaten the Patriots. They come to our house, get punched in the mouth, and lose 3 straight. They beat the cowf*gs, and then drop another one against the redskins. Then finally they end up playing for their playoff lives in the last game of the reg. season.

lol niners versus ravens. Who's got it better then us?
Gtfoh
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by E-49er:
I agree with what Warren Sapp said this morning before the game. The Giants would only have an advantage at the Qb and Wr positions. Everything else favors the Niners or is a push.

I agree

Originally posted by 9erVillian:
I thought most people here would say we'll whoop their ass, especially after a win like we had. Seems like most users are cautiously optimistic.

Is that the bias you were predicting?

The Giants are more dangerous than the Saints. New Orleans sucks on the road, sucks on grass, has possibly the best quarterback in football, great physical receivers but a s**tty defense, questionable linebackers and a mediocre secondary. Giants have a pretty good quarterback, shifty, fast receivers, a monster defensive line and average play in the secondary but its going to be tougher to move the ball against them, not to mention that Eli is firing on all cylinders and they have guys like Hakeem Nicks, who didn't play in the first game, back in the lineup.

The offense CANNOT go 3 and out over and over against those guys, they also have to be especially careful to protect the ball as the Giants were being aggressive and going after the ball, forcing turnovers by a powerful Packers offense.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM ]
If we win, it will be a tough victory. Eli has that Tebow factor where he just makes his team win. We have the home field advantage and the 12th man (hopefully!). I like our chances better than playing at GB.
We did it once we can do it again
I like the 49er's odds at home. They play very well at home and Alex Smith does his best playing at home because of the home crowd.
It will be tough game against the Giants but I still think they have a better shot of beating the Giants at home rather than Green Bay in that frozen tundra.

Whatever happens, the 49er's have done MORE than expected. Just winning their division was more than most of us expected ... especially with a rookie Head Coach. I just wonder how they're gonna top that off next year?

I'd be in serious shock if Jim Harbaugh doesn't win coach of the year.
My hopes for a Super Bowl victory this year took a huge leap this weekend! They have beaten the Giants already this season and neither the Ravens or NE are unbeatable. With the coaches they have I really think it is a distinct possibility. Wow, what a difference a year makes!

VD says that they took a huge step in trusting Harbaugh when, at half time in the Eagles game, instead of yelling the coaches were very calm and just said everyone just needs to be 1% better and we'll be alright. Great coaching!
Share 49ersWebzone