There are 181 users in the forums

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How confident are you that we can beat the Giants?

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
nah foo, nah.

Elaborate
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Elaborate

the steelers have a way better defense than the giants with their blitz schemes...but the giants do take away the ball more on that side.
I guess they're both evenly matched on offense but the giants have a better offensive line.
I don't know about either team's special teams.

All I know that the Steelers have that "it" factor that allows them to win games. Maybe it's championship experience, I don't know. I'm not saying that the steelers are head and shoulders above the giants but they are slightly better.
Elaborate

the steelers have a way better defense than the giants with their blitz schemes...but the giants do take away the ball more on that side.
I guess they're both evenly matched on offense but the giants have a better offensive line.
I don't know about either team's special teams.

All I know that the Steelers have that "it" factor that allows them to win games. Maybe it's championship experience, I don't know. I'm not saying that the steelers are head and shoulders above the giants but they are slightly better.

Based off of both of our games against the teams, both of which were at home, the Giants are the better team. I know Ben was hurt, but they still got sha-lacked. While the Giants kept it close.
Based off of both of our games against the teams, both of which were at home, the Giants are the better team. I know Ben was hurt, but they still got sha-lacked. While the Giants kept it close.

A healthy big ben would have made it closer. Ok, I am not here to argue...

Saints>Steelers=Giants.

There

Saints>Steelers=Giants.

There

I can settle for that lol

Saints>Steelers=Giants.

There

when the niners win, everyone's happy

Saints>Steelers=Giants.

There

There's no better medicine

Saints>Steelers=Giants.

There

not even boons?

Saints>Steelers=Giants.

There

not even boons?
if that was supposed to be boobs,

the 49ers are tied with boobs.

Saints>Steelers=Giants.

There

not even boons?
if that was supposed to be boobs,

the 49ers are tied with boobs.

boons=boobs

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
How would you play this game if you was the OC of the giants? Throw the ball like the Saints, Steelers, Lions and take big chances on getting picked off or try to establish the run and throw at last resort? For me both situations are to our favor. Cleat em' up and bring it, may the best team move on.

I'd actually try to use my big backs to pound the ball at Patrick Willis. Willis has got great speed to run things down side-to-side, but a big physical back like Marshawn Lynch can get the upper hand on Willis by just pounding it because Willis isn't that big. So I expect a heavy dose of Bradshaw and Jacobs right at us. Don't know if it will work, but I think they'll try, especially on a muddy soft track.
How would you play this game if you was the OC of the giants? Throw the ball like the Saints, Steelers, Lions and take big chances on getting picked off or try to establish the run and throw at last resort? For me both situations are to our favor. Cleat em' up and bring it, may the best team move on.

We stay pretty even on offense. Of course most of our yards come from the passing game and a lot of YAC in recent weeks. If its a close game and the Giants are not behind 2 scores we will still run the ball even if its slow going. Late 3 and into the 4th our running game seems to get better and we tend to bust the 20+ runs late in games.

Just like all games if you get pressure on Eli you will win. If not, Eli will gut your secondary and you will lose.
It won't come easy, the same way it's been all year long for this team. One thing we can be sure of, emphasized by the Saints game, is that this team NEVER quits. We will be at home, it will be raining and and we will win. It will be quite possibly one of the greatest games to ever be played in the playoffs, a classic SF vs NY battle, but WE WILL WIN.
Originally posted by Miami_GiantsFan:

We stay pretty even on offense. Of course most of our yards come from the passing game and a lot of YAC in recent weeks. If its a close game and the Giants are not behind 2 scores we will still run the ball even if its slow going. Late 3 and into the 4th our running game seems to get better and we tend to bust the 20+ runs late in games.

Just like all games if you get pressure on Eli you will win. If not, Eli will gut your secondary and you will lose.
I honestly think team HAVE to pass against us, our front 7 is too strong, they won't be able to run against us, even against only 7 in the box.
Originally posted by Miami_GiantsFan:

I honestly think team HAVE to pass against us, our front 7 is too strong, they won't be able to run against us, even against only 7 in the box.

I agree 100%. Im not counting on the big plays that Nicks & Cruz have been making of late. Im talking about the 10yd slant or post that goes for 80+ and a TD. Your team actually tackles. Almost a lost art in todays NFL but your team wraps up instead of throwing shoulders at the ball carrier.

I think the points come from the passing game but we still will run it to stay as balanced as possible.
Share 49ersWebzone