There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers need a big target like Jimmy Graham

Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Oh hey, we have a guy on our team who is huge and a massive target. You might know who he is. He's 6'3 250lbs, where's #85. Strongest TE in the Nfl fastest TE in NFL history. He exploded onto the world seen in the playoffs yesterday. Setting an NFL record for most receiving yards in the post season by a TE. And he clearly out performed Jeremy Graham. And caught the game winning TD. I believe the guys name is Vernon Davis!!!

The point isn't whether Graham is a better player than Davis or not, the point is that damn, its nice to have a massive target like that going across the middle of the end-zone.
plaxico burress will be available but he doesn't help with speed
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Axl49:
cause VD didnt just outplay his ass yesterday right.........

They both had great games.

My point is we Have a TE who outplayed him and had one of the greatest game winning catches in NFL history so Im not even worried about Jimmy or did it even cross my mind about wanting him. BRING ON THE PAC OR GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Carlos Rogers looked like a midget chasing after him. So nice to have a guy that damn big(6'7") who can go up and make catches. Maybe the 49ers should start looking for ex-basketball players as they seem to have had a good track record with guys like Tony Gonzalez and Graham. Vernon Davis has decent size but he's the 49ers biggest receiver at 6"3, pretty much everyone else, including Delanie Walker is 6'0-6'2", would love to find a tall, big target for plays down the field and in the end-zone, its one of the things that this offense is sorely missing IMO.

We need draft the LB is size tall same to Graham and go cover the TE.. Willis need go to tackle than cover but he can play both either it..
Brett Swain for Graham
just get good receivers that can run routes and catch and block. This board's obsession with height is going overboard.
Originally posted by susweel:
Brett Swain for Graham

I think we're giving up too much there
Isn't V Jackson a free agent this year? He would be a nice addition.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:
Brett Swain for Graham

I think we're giving up too much there

Just be thankful they don't ask for Tolzien.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
We're fine at TE... Need a WR with height. Crab, rookie, Morgan, Williams, Ginn

This
Crabtree will be better - he shows signs and then does what he does yesterday - A full training camp is going to do woners. Having Josh Morgan back will be huge - but a speed guy that can catch the ball and create separation (Ginn really does hands of stone) would be a HUGE addition. There are lots of good WR to choose from that in 2012:

Reggie Wayne (IND)
Wes Welker (NE) (WIll be franchised OR sign a deal)
Vincent Jackson (SD)
DeSean Jackson (PHI)
Dwayne Bowe (KC)
Marques Colston (NO)
Steve Johnson (BUF)
Brandon Lloyd (STL)
Robert Meachem (NO)
Mario Manningham (NYG)
Mike Wallace (PIT) - Restricted

If Vincent Jackson or Dwayne Bowe come free those would be my picks - they are just beasts.
Originally posted by dhp318:
just get good receivers that can run routes and catch and block. This board's obsession with height is going overboard.

We just want indefensible mismatches. You can shutdown anyone who runs good routes with someone who can shadow them just as well, or outmuscle, or outphysical them.

You can't defend a pass so high that you just can't get to, no matter how high you can jump, if you're 5-9 or 5-10 going up against someone 6-5 or taller. See Whitner vs. Witten, and Gronkowski vs. anybody.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We just want indefensible mismatches. You can shutdown anyone who runs good routes with someone who can shadow them just as well, or outmuscle, or outphysical them.

You can't defend a pass so high that you just can't get to, no matter how high you can jump, if you're 5-9 or 5-10 going up against someone 6-5 or taller. See Whitner vs. Witten, and Gronkowski vs. anybody.

Graham yesterday - I mean that TD he caught P Willis was right on him - no one throws that ball but Brees it was high and coming in at about 300 MPH and he just snatched it with that huge vertical - just an amazing weapon.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The point isn't whether Graham is a better player than Davis or not, the point is that damn, its nice to have a massive target like that going across the middle of the end-zone.

Well will draft a Big receiver, who's 6'11!
Just go to any major college and look for a 6' 6" power forward who can run and is over 250lbs.with no shot of playing in the NBA.