LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

49ers need a big target like Jimmy Graham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
That's not what your mother told me last night Trebek.

(Sorry, too easy of a setup).

That sketch kills me every time
For sure...Brees threw every ball around 9 ft high every time and it worked almost every time. This and we also need to use Hunter like how the Saints use Sproles.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Carlos Rogers looked like a midget chasing after him. So nice to have a guy that damn big(6'7") who can go up and make catches. Maybe the 49ers should start looking for ex-basketball players as they seem to have had a good track record with guys like Tony Gonzalez and Graham. Vernon Davis has decent size but he's the 49ers biggest receiver at 6"3, pretty much everyone else, including Delanie Walker is 6'0-6'2", would love to find a tall, big target for plays down the field and in the end-zone, its one of the things that this offense is sorely missing IMO.

We need draft the LB is size tall same to Graham and go cover the TE.. Willis need go to tackle than cover but he can play both either it..

I was surprised we matched up Willis on Graham. We should have matched Goldson on him...Fangio let all of the receivers free off the LOS and they killed us in open space b/c our safeties were playing so deep and coming up late and missing tackles (Sproles, Graham, etc.). I would have matched up Willis on Sproles all game as well as Goldson on Graham and doubled Colston the entire game. I also would have been VERY physical with these dudes off the LOS...give them free space and no pressure they will kill you with RAC (and they did).
Carlos Rogers looked like a midget chasing after him. So nice to have a guy that damn big(6'7") who can go up and make catches. Maybe the 49ers should start looking for ex-basketball players as they seem to have had a good track record with guys like Tony Gonzalez and Graham. Vernon Davis has decent size but he's the 49ers biggest receiver at 6"3, pretty much everyone else, including Delanie Walker is 6'0-6'2", would love to find a tall, big target for plays down the field and in the end-zone, its one of the things that this offense is sorely missing IMO.

We need draft the LB is size tall same to Graham and go cover the TE.. Willis need go to tackle than cover but he can play both either it..

I was surprised we matched up Willis on Graham. We should have matched Goldson on him...Fangio let all of the receivers free off the LOS and they killed us in open space b/c our safeties were playing so deep and coming up late and missing tackles (Sproles, Graham, etc.). I would have matched up Willis on Sproles all game as well as Goldson on Graham and doubled Colston the entire game. I also would have been VERY physical with these dudes off the LOS...give them free space and no pressure they will kill you with RAC (and they did).
Originally posted by NCommand:

I thought that the 9ers would pass Graham from Willis or Bowman to Goldson early so PW could manage and intimidate the middle of the field. But Willis may not be 100%. Did not see him flying around like he has in the past. Perhaps Bowman needs to take on some of the coverage duties from Pat.

Of course, they won and gave up few bombs to Brees, so playing deep might have been an effective move.
Originally posted by dhp318:
just get good receivers that can run routes and catch and block. This board's obsession with height is going overboard.

He says, as I just watch Graham go up 47" to make a spectacular TD catch over Willis...
Right, usually it's not a CB's task to chase after a TE. Not only b/c of the height but of the weight as well, it's a mismatch. Same goes for Vernon Davis and the opp secondaries.

It seems like a new trend to build up receiving TEs b/c they are a horror for secondaries. The only morons who did not get it are Fox and Martz.
So, who are the TE options? I really liked what I saw from that Notre Dame TE (Eifer?) but he's going back to school.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
He says, as I just watch Graham go up 47" to make a spectacular TD catch over Willis...

Size does matter! LOL! I would love to see the 9ers get a couple of 6'7" 4.3 leaping ex-basketball players with glue for hands! Why not go for it all? Hope for perfect fit and take best player available!

Didn't see your last post Oldman, but Stanford has a pretty fair TE and Harbaugh would know his strengths and weaknesses.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM ]
Why are we even talking about off-season pickups/draft picks? lol.

Originally posted by richierich:

Cuz... like.. this is a message board and stuffs...
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by richierich:

Cuz... like.. this is a message board and stuffs...

Also, we like to multi-task just as Baalke is doing right now! Can even chew gum at the same time...if I didn't have so many caps!
Well Larry Krueger just mentioned the very same topic on KNBR now. hahaha.
Ya? Like Vernon Davis? 180 Yards, 2 TDs... NO can keep Grahm, I'll take Davis.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Excellent points. I am more worried about finding a LB that can cover TEs like Graham (Manny where are you?) because I think it will be the new trend after the success the Saints and Patriots are having. Willis is great but he isn't going to cut it in coverage.
Share 49ersWebzone