There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where is all our support in the city for the 49ers??

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Saturday, 1/3rd of the stadium will be filled with Saints fans. book it.

Don't be such a bogart and pass that this way.
the city is made up of hipsters and foreigners. U really think they care about fooseball?

No they don't care. Kind of similar to SD. If you don't win here they don't care. Even if you do people want to surf and snowboard in the winter. People just have other stuff going. It's not all in for football.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You are not a good fan if you sell your playoff tickets to Saints fans.

Not everybody looks the same or has the same interests there.

Ok....Where'd I say anything about selling your tickets?
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:

Ok....Where'd I say anything about selling your tickets?

You said it with your eyes
Originally posted by vermonator:
Where's Dianne Feinstein on this? Thought she was suppose to be a huge 49ers fan. I guess since they're moving to Santa Clara, nobody in the city cares anymore.

They are going to Santa Clara and she does't care about that area.

Ya, she only represents the whole state of California but only picks and chooses what interests her and what furthers her political career....

well actually its the corporations giving away tickets to fans.. Just like the new stadium we have going.. most of the 50 yard line seats have been sold and they are costing in the high thousands and its been said over and over the average joe has no chance of getting them.. Theres nothing us fans can do about corporations giving there tickets away for money to the opposing fans etc.. or stopping someone from going on there computer and purchasing a ticket that is a saints fan... im sure 95% of the season ticket holders that are not corporate owned WILL be at the game this saturday, and if not there tickets wont be given to saints fans.
Where's Dianne Feinstein on this? Thought she was suppose to be a huge 49ers fan. I guess since they're moving to Santa Clara, nobody in the city cares anymore.

They are going to Santa Clara and she does't care about that area.

Ya, she only represents the whole state of California but only picks and chooses what interests her and what furthers her political career....

The city of SF has always been near and dear to her heart and it's where she got her start. Always remember that. And there are plenty more votes in SF than SC.
the city is made up of hipsters and foreigners. U really think they care about fooseball?

No they don't care. Kind of similar to SD. If you don't win here they don't care. Even if you do people want to surf and snowboard in the winter. People just have other stuff going. It's not all in for football.

Know what you mean... I lived in SD, Serra Mesa area, for over seven years. I went to quite a few games at Qualcom and was shocked how many visiting fans would show up, and that was when they went 14-2. Not to mention all the blackouts, just as bad as in Oakland. Fans need to step it up!
[ Edited by vermonator on Jan 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:

NO present niners live in the city, they live in santana row, los gatos, saratoga, los altos hills.

Well many 49ers don't even live in the state during the offseason. They've continually passed on local talent in the draft. Thats always bothered me. As a result you have very few 49er players that actually grew up in the state of California. Harder for people to identify with a lot of these guys.

I concur, I got crucified when i once mentioned on the zone that drafting players who grew up in N. Ca or played in N. Ca (and being BPA) or close would be wise.

Aaron Rogers- Chico
De Sean Jackson- Cal
Tony Gonzlez-Cal
Doug Baldwin- Stanford big oops
Tom Brady- San Mateo
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by dj43:
WAKE UP, very few niner fans live in San Francisco. I was living in the City in the Debartolo days and they where bringing up players trying to drum up support for the stadium bond measure for San Francisco. It passed, but the stadium was never built because Eddie lost the team.

The city is a lot of transplants, the true niner faithful ive in the penninsula, south bay and sprinklings in the east bay. Why do you think they wanted to move the stadium south, where the Niners actually practice and live there day to day lives.

NO present niners live in the city, they live in santana row, los gatos, saratoga, los altos hills.

The demographics of SF have changed a fair bit since the DeBartolo days.

As to other cities, SF has a much wider range of activities in and around the city than in many other large cities. As a result, there are more casual fans that can't tell the difference between a right guard and Right Guard deodorant.

if they were watching Chilo, they'd have an excuse.

I was hoping someone would pick up on that...
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:
WAKE UP, very few niner fans live in San Francisco. I was living in the City in the Debartolo days and they where bringing up players trying to drum up support for the stadium bond measure for San Francisco. It passed, but the stadium was never built because Eddie lost the team.

The city is a lot of transplants, the true niner faithful ive in the penninsula, south bay and sprinklings in the east bay. Why do you think they wanted to move the stadium south, where the Niners actually practice and live there day to day lives.

The demographics of SF have changed a fair bit since the DeBartolo days.

As to other cities, SF has a much wider range of activities in and around the city than in many other large cities. As a result, there are more casual fans that can't tell the difference between a right guard and Right Guard deodorant.

if they were watching Chilo, they'd have an excuse.

I was hoping someone would pick up on that...

teamwork! we're the 49ers of message board posters.

Well many 49ers don't even live in the state during the offseason. They've continually passed on local talent in the draft. Thats always bothered me. As a result you have very few 49er players that actually grew up in the state of California. Harder for people to identify with a lot of these guys.

I concur, I got crucified when i once mentioned on the zone that drafting players who grew up in N. Ca or played in N. Ca (and being BPA) or close would be wise.

Aaron Rogers- Chico
De Sean Jackson- Cal
Tony Gonzlez-Cal
Tom Brady- San Mateo
thats cool and all, but then you gotta name all the other California residented players that have been drafted and see how they faired out.... i could probably find 5 top notch guys from dallas, or new york etc etc
Bay Area fans really aren't the best fans. That's it. Bottom line. In many cities around the country this would be real big. Especially since it's been a while. But like selling their tickets to Steelers fans and Cowboys fans they just don't care. Love the team but the local fan base is not that great. Not saying this to insult any individual. Just the overall fan base is not that supportive compared to say Green Bay for example. You could go 1 - 15 in Green Bay and sell out every single game. And they won't sell their tickets in large groups to opposing fans even if losing. They are just better fans.

Thats because theres nothing else to do in Green Bay. It snows and you hunt. Other than that there isn't much. The west coast is different. People have lives and aren't obsessed with sports. Or if they do enjoy following sports, they have a bit more balance in their lives. You can be a "good" fan while still having other interests. Plus what makes the bay so great is that you do have a diverse group of people. Not everyone looks the same or has the same interests.

Didn't you recently predict losses for the Niners in the Pitt and Seattle game, and constantly jumping ship when there is a hiccup?

You don't have the right to call other fans out.
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
Who cares, most of them would be bandwagon fans anyway.

Nothing wrong with that. The more fans the better.

Aaron Rogers- Chico
De Sean Jackson- Cal
Tony Gonzlez-Cal
Tom Brady- San Mateo

Exactly, and you can't forget the kid who just broke all the 49ers defensive records, Marshawn Lynch. The bills were giving him away a few years ago.

Obviously not everyone will be a perfect fit but when you continually pass on talent in your backyard, only to get burned, you'd think something would change. I know DeSean has had his issues but would you rather have him right now or the two guys the 49ers took over him, Kentwan Balmer and Chilo Rachel?