There are 193 users in the forums

Where is all our support in the city for the 49ers??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Saturday, 1/3rd of the stadium will be filled with Saints fans. book it.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Bay Area fans really aren't the best fans. That's it. Bottom line. In many cities around the country this would be real big. Especially since it's been a while. But like selling their tickets to Steelers fans and Cowboys fans they just don't care. Love the team but the local fan base is not that great. Not saying this to insult any individual. Just the overall fan base is not that supportive compared to say Green Bay for example. You could go 1 - 15 in Green Bay and sell out every single game. And they won't sell their tickets in large groups to opposing fans even if losing. They are just better fans.
17 straight years of 10+ win seasons probably spoiled a lot of people.

Yes they have a spoiled fan base with unrealistic expectations. But I would think that after a decade of SUCK provided by the YORKIES they would be happy to be 13 - 3 again and in the playoffs. Perhaps I was wrong.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I was already reading some of the Saints forum and they are talking of already buying tickets on stubhub....
all the support is in santa clara ;)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Its possible but I dont it will be that many.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 9erred:
WAKE UP, very few niner fans live in San Francisco. I was living in the City in the Debartolo days and they where bringing up players trying to drum up support for the stadium bond measure for San Francisco. It passed, but the stadium was never built because Eddie lost the team.

The city is a lot of transplants, the true niner faithful ive in the penninsula, south bay and sprinklings in the east bay. Why do you think they wanted to move the stadium south, where the Niners actually practice and live there day to day lives.

NO present niners live in the city, they live in santana row, los gatos, saratoga, los altos hills.

The demographics of SF have changed a fair bit since the DeBartolo days.

As to other cities, SF has a much wider range of activities in and around the city than in many other large cities. As a result, there are more casual fans that can't tell the difference between a right guard and Right Guard deodorant.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
I work in the city, right off market street. So center downtown.... I do not see any 49er flags, banners, red/gold lights.. City hall was decked out in Orange lights for the giants? They also had a Giants flag on top of one of the buildings if anyone remembers which one?? Ive heard on a couple of radio FM's though like 101.3 102.5 about "i cant wait for the game this weekend" or some "AM" but i want to see the city decked out not just the radio shows...

We did have that parade for the giants when they won and that was pretty neat and i know we gotta win the bowl to get that, but we are 2 games away from the Big Game... The city needs to wake it up!

Maybe this is one of the reasons why the Niners are leaving the city. Face it SF is a very strange city with many faces.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
I work in the city, right off market street. So center downtown.... I do not see any 49er flags, banners, red/gold lights.. City hall was decked out in Orange lights for the giants? They also had a Giants flag on top of one of the buildings if anyone remembers which one?? Ive heard on a couple of radio FM's though like 101.3 102.5 about "i cant wait for the game this weekend" or some "AM" but i want to see the city decked out not just the radio shows...

We did have that parade for the giants when they won and that was pretty neat and i know we gotta win the bowl to get that, but we are 2 games away from the Big Game... The city needs to wake it up!

Maybe this is one of the reasons why the Niners are leaving the city. Face it SF is a very strange city with many faces.

Yes is has many different "activities"
Originally posted by dj43:
WAKE UP, very few niner fans live in San Francisco. I was living in the City in the Debartolo days and they where bringing up players trying to drum up support for the stadium bond measure for San Francisco. It passed, but the stadium was never built because Eddie lost the team.

The city is a lot of transplants, the true niner faithful ive in the penninsula, south bay and sprinklings in the east bay. Why do you think they wanted to move the stadium south, where the Niners actually practice and live there day to day lives.

NO present niners live in the city, they live in santana row, los gatos, saratoga, los altos hills.

The demographics of SF have changed a fair bit since the DeBartolo days.

As to other cities, SF has a much wider range of activities in and around the city than in many other large cities. As a result, there are more casual fans that can't tell the difference between a right guard and Right Guard deodorant.

if they were watching Chilo, they'd have an excuse.
Bay Area fans really aren't the best fans. That's it. Bottom line. In many cities around the country this would be real big. Especially since it's been a while. But like selling their tickets to Steelers fans and Cowboys fans they just don't care. Love the team but the local fan base is not that great. Not saying this to insult any individual. Just the overall fan base is not that supportive compared to say Green Bay for example. You could go 1 - 15 in Green Bay and sell out every single game. And they won't sell their tickets in large groups to opposing fans even if losing. They are just better fans.

Thats because theres nothing else to do in Green Bay. It snows and you hunt. Other than that there isn't much. The west coast is different. People have lives and aren't obsessed with sports. Or if they do enjoy following sports, they have a bit more balance in their lives. You can be a "good" fan while still having other interests. Plus what makes the bay so great is that you do have a diverse group of people. Not everyone looks the same or has the same interests.

Well many 49ers don't even live in the state during the offseason. They've continually passed on local talent in the draft. Thats always bothered me. As a result you have very few 49er players that actually grew up in the state of California. Harder for people to identify with a lot of these guys.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:

Thats because theres nothing else to do in Green Bay. It snows and you hunt. Other than that there isn't much. The west coast is different. People have lives and aren't obsessed with sports. Or if they do enjoy following sports, they have a bit more balance in their lives. You can be a "good" fan while still having other interests. Plus what makes the bay so great is that you do have a diverse group of people. Not everyone looks the same or has the same interests.

You are not a good fan if you sell your playoff tickets to Saints fans.

Not everybody looks the same or has the same interests there.
Where's Dianne Feinstein on this? Thought she was suppose to be a huge 49ers fan. I guess since they're moving to Santa Clara, nobody in the city cares anymore.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the city is made up of hipsters and foreigners. U really think they care about fooseball?
Originally posted by vermonator:
Where's Dianne Feinstein on this? Thought she was suppose to be a huge 49ers fan. I guess since they're moving to Santa Clara, nobody in the city cares anymore.

They are going to Santa Clara and she does't care about that area.
Share 49ersWebzone