There are 260 users in the forums

Where is all our support in the city for the 49ers??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I work in the city, right off market street. So center downtown.... I do not see any 49er flags, banners, red/gold lights.. City hall was decked out in Orange lights for the giants? They also had a Giants flag on top of one of the buildings if anyone remembers which one?? Ive heard on a couple of radio FM's though like 101.3 102.5 about "i cant wait for the game this weekend" or some "AM" but i want to see the city decked out not just the radio shows...

We did have that parade for the giants when they won and that was pretty neat and i know we gotta win the bowl to get that, but we are 2 games away from the Big Game... The city needs to wake it up!
lol, too early. That stuff happens after winning the Superbowl.
They just recently made this mural on 2690 Mission Street...

Vernon also just signed it.

Here's the slideshow, when he signed it

http://missionlocal.org/2012/01/49ers-vernon-davis-comes-to-the-mission/

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jan 11, 2012 at 9:09 AM ]
Bay Area fans really aren't the best fans. That's it. Bottom line. In many cities around the country this would be real big. Especially since it's been a while. But like selling their tickets to Steelers fans and Cowboys fans they just don't care. Love the team but the local fan base is not that great. Not saying this to insult any individual. Just the overall fan base is not that supportive compared to say Green Bay for example. You could go 1 - 15 in Green Bay and sell out every single game. And they won't sell their tickets in large groups to opposing fans even if losing. They are just better fans.
  • dj43
So many years of disappointment have made a lot of casual fans very cautious.

Also, there is the long and sometimes acrimonious battle between the anti-sport crowd and the 49ers' attempts to re-build Candlestick.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Bay Area fans really aren't the best fans. That's it. Bottom line. In many cities around the country this would be real big. Especially since it's been a while. But like selling their tickets to Steelers fans and Cowboys fans they just don't care. Love the team but the local fan base is not that great. Not saying this to insult any individual. Just the overall fan base is not that supportive compared to say Green Bay for example. You could go 1 - 15 in Green Bay and sell out every single game. And they won't sell their tickets in large groups to opposing fans even if losing. They are just better fans.

Nobody from any where goes to GB to live...Metropolitan cities have diverse fans from everywhere because they are melting pots

Originally posted by djfullshred:

And yes it's too early . Baseball playoffs can last up to three weeks if they get past the first round...for football it's one week and if you lose one game that's it.
Most people I know that live in the City are more Giants fans than 49ers fans. When the Giants got their new stadium, the city got a hard on for them real fast.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Most people I know that live in the City are more Giants fans than 49ers fans. When the Giants got their new stadium, the city got a hard on for them real fast.

the giants stadiums location point is ridiculousley awesome too.. its in the tourist area down by the wharf side of the bay and its right by the water and when you go into the city its like your first exit off.. not to mention you can walk behind the giants stadium with a game going on and go in the underhang and watch a couple quarters of the game for free... if the 49ers stadium was located right there i wouldve lost it haha
the front screen of my samtrans bus today was interchanging between the bus number/route and a message saying GO 49ERS
Originally posted by vrabbit:
the front screen of my samtrans bus today was interchanging between the bus number/route and a message saying GO 49ERS

I think everyone is nervous, to be putting millions $$ of swag to dress the city and lose is risky...

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Nobody from any where goes to GB to live...Metropolitan cities have diverse fans from everywhere because they are melting pots

Originally posted by djfullshred:

And yes it's too early . Baseball playoffs can last up to three weeks if they get past the first round...for football it's one week and if you lose one game that's it.

Fine. I don't know if that explains how 25 NFL cities have better fans. You could say the same about Kansas City or Seattle or Carolina for that matter. All better fans than the 49ers local crew.
WAKE UP, very few niner fans live in San Francisco. I was living in the City in the Debartolo days and they where bringing up players trying to drum up support for the stadium bond measure for San Francisco. It passed, but the stadium was never built because Eddie lost the team.

The city is a lot of transplants, the true niner faithful ive in the penninsula, south bay and sprinklings in the east bay. Why do you think they wanted to move the stadium south, where the Niners actually practice and live there day to day lives.

NO present niners live in the city, they live in santana row, los gatos, saratoga, los altos hills.

• BobS
  • Veteran
17 straight years of 10+ win seasons probably spoiled a lot of people.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Thats why they are moving to Santa Clara.
Who cares, most of them would be bandwagon fans anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone