There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is our offense capable of putting up 28+ points?

Is our offense capable of putting up 28+ points?

Originally posted by 65of221on3rdLOL:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
vick, dalton, flacco, stafford...

dalton, flacco? vick had a down year

we had

rodgers, cutler, schaub, stafford (us too!), newton (twice) > dalton, ryan (twice) > flacco, eli (us too!)

meh Ryan is overrated and Andy Dalton is just as good of a passer as Newton. cutler isnt that prolific and their offense isnt that great. you are just going by QB names rather than actual offensive units. I'm unimpressed.
meh Ryan is overrated and Andy Dalton is just as good of a passer as Newton. cutler isnt that prolific and their offense isnt that great. you are just going by QB names rather than actual offensive units. I'm unimpressed.

as am i with yours but im watching the game from last year tied 22 saints get ball back with 1:17 left

im going to bed to this drive.

night niner fan.

hopefully ill survive the board through saturday

as am i with yours but im watching the game from last year tied 22 saints get ball back with 1:17 left

night niner fan.

let me guess you fap to every brees touchdown too?

night niner fan.

25-22 hurts huh?

night niner fan.

Don't watch road game highlights. You are a much more exciting team to watch in the terror dome.

night niner fan.

25-22 hurts huh?

lol no not really, it was just another loss from a year where we had s**tty coaching and an underperforming team. If our center hadn't gone full retard that never happens anyway. It's not like that game was real meaningful or anything. The other games we lost like the 40 point beatdown by KC hurt a lot more.
sure can

night niner fan.

hope so too, don't be a stranger when the niners get the dubya.
25-22 hurts huh?

5SBs made you guys this bitter aye? Damn.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
We are the worst in the league when it comes to big plays. Even if we stop the saints a decent amount of times I still see them scoring around 28 points. Do you think our offense could put up that much in return? Do you think we will see alex finally taking more shots downfield?

The truth is. I feel we will be in a position where drew brees willl have the ball with 1:30 left and a chance to win it like last time... :(

Yes the 9ers can score 30 or more points. The key is to score TDs not just FC after FC. The 9ers defense will have their work cut out for them as they try to slow the Saints down. If the Offense gets behind and can't sustain drives long enough to give the defense rest, the game will be over fast.........
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
We won't f**king need to.

When I hear an analyst on ESPN or NFL Network say is as their main argument, all credibility is lost.

It's either can the Saints play on the road or can the 49ers put up 28 points.

Stupidest s**t ever. Just b/c the Saints average 28 on the road doesn't mean that trend will continue. They haven't played a top-5 defense on the road, and they've only played 2 defenses in the top-half of the league.

AND THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED A DEFENSE LIKE OURS EITHER

28 points my ass.

Exactly what offense have you faced like the Saints?

We have faced 4 offenses in the top-11: Lions, Eagles, Giants and Cowboys.

It goes both ways, you're right. I just can't stand the argument that the 49ers need to score 28 points b/c the Saints are automatically going to score that much.

I guarantee the Saints will not score 28 points against this defense.

Just read this and had to comment. You have a great point. During the regular season the Cowboys scored 27 in OT and the Rams scored 27 in the season finale. Only one team including preseason, scored more than 28 points against the 9ers. The Houston Texans scored 30 in preseason.
Saints--strength of schedule, passing yards, scoring, five games against top 15 defensive scoring teams, blitzing (+/-?)
49ers--defense, overcoming injuries, balanced offense, five games against top 15 scoring teams, pressure/sacks on QB, STs

Great game this weekend!

Edit: The key is to score more points than the Saints...even if they come from ST or D.
Edit #2: Use to be a saying that a team has to win two out of the three areas of the game--49ers should be better on D and STs.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 12, 2012 at 7:14 AM ]
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
This is crazy. Yes they can, and if they do they WILL win... IF they don't they still might win, cuz the Saint have a whole lot goign against them.

The 9ers D is really good, and so is the Saints offense. In the dome or even on turf I give the edge to the Saints, but on the road on grass at the stick (windy and wet?) I give the edge to the 9ers. The Saints WON'T be the same team that they have been because basically everything is against them... Field surface, weather, crowd, and a very good Def = a below average performance from the Saints OFF. 9 of the Saints last 10 games have been in a DOME! The only game that wasnt played in doors was 22-17 win at the Titans. 9ers>Titans!

On the other side of the ball, the 9ers will RUN and RUN and RUN and the Saints OFF will sit on the sidelines waiting impatiently. The Saints have given up 150 yard or more rushing four times including 183 to St Louis in that loss. The 9ers can and will run the ball effectively, Smith will take some shots against a Saints DEF that will start to get worn down and frustrated... there will be a couple of big pass plays, but the 9ers will control the clock and the game. I don't think 28 is a magic number, but I think the 9ers can get there... if they have to but they might not have to.

Also if Roman Harper is limited or can't play that is HUGE for the Saints D... he is a BIG, BIG part of what they do on DEF and if he can't go it will open up more opportunities for the 9ers to continue to pound the ball and he leads them in Sacks as well... a big piece that could be missing.
Yes, Im of the opinion that the 49ers will have to put up 30+ points to win. And they can.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
they put 20 on Pitts #1 D
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home