There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is our offense capable of putting up 28+ points?

Is our offense capable of putting up 28+ points?

Originally posted by gosaints:
Do the 49ers routinely put together lengthy drives, let's say 60 yards or more? From what I could gather most successful drives are relatively short on the basis of great field position.


I wouldn't say routinely...they do struggle on 3rd downs sometimes. When they get their running game going, they can be ball hogs & eat up a lot of clock going the legnth of the field. They take some deep shots every game, but those have been hit/miss on acccuracy. So from my recollection of the season, it is an on/off thing in almost every game.
We avg 27.6 at home but we only give up 10.6 so......yea we can put up 28 but we might not have to.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
We avg 27.6 at home but we only give up 10.6 so......yea we can put up 28 but we might not have to.

Yep, I agree.

Too much is made of the Saints offense. Our defense is equally as good. The defense was setting franchise and NFL records all year.

This is more about the Saints D vs. the Niners O. The Niners are undoubtedly better in that matchup.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
We avg 27.6 at home but we only give up 10.6 so......yea we can put up 28 but we might not have to.

Yep, I agree.

Too much is made of the Saints offense. Our defense is equally as good. The defense was setting franchise and NFL records all year.

This is more about the Saints D vs. the Niners O. The Niners are undoubtedly better in that matchup.

harbaugh and roman even said they are conservative in the RZ

that will not happen in playoffs
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
We avg 27.6 at home but we only give up 10.6 so......yea we can put up 28 but we might not have to.

Yep, I agree.

Too much is made of the Saints offense. Our defense is equally as good. The defense was setting franchise and NFL records all year.

This is more about the Saints D vs. the Niners O. The Niners are undoubtedly better in that matchup.



Yea this will be out toughest test this year so far but after I seen the niners beat the lions,giants,and steelers who were all on hot streaks before playing us I know we can win especially because we're at home.
Interesting stats you may want to look at...

49ers
65/221 on 3rd = 29.4% (31st)
76/216 on 3rd = 35.2% (11th) allowed on defense

Saints
118/208 on 3rd = 56.7% (1st)
67/202 on 3rd = 33.2% (5th) allowed on defense

UH OH

and it would take at least 9 field goals to break 28, which is highly unlikely. Akers is tired from a long year already poor guy is old. Prayers for his daughter!
Originally posted by 65of221on3rdLOL:
Interesting stats you may want to look at...

49ers
65/221 on 3rd = 29.4% (31st)
76/216 on 3rd = 35.2% (11th) allowed on defense

Saints
118/208 on 3rd = 56.7% (1st)
67/202 on 3rd = 33.2% (5th) allowed on defense

UH OH

and it would take at least 9 field goals to break 28, which is highly unlikely. Akers is tired from a long year already poor guy is old. Prayers for his daughter!

Difference is we bend but don't break, teams don't score very often on us.....for you its a different story.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Difference is we bend but don't break, teams don't score very often on us.....for you its a different story.

Also seems to be the 49ers offensive philosophy IMHO. Someone get Alex Smith some vitamin B because the offense is anemic.
Originally posted by 65of221on3rdLOL:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Difference is we bend but don't break, teams don't score very often on us.....for you its a different story.

Also seems to be the 49ers offensive philosophy IMHO. Someone get Alex Smith some vitamin B because the offense is anemic.

Its been enough to get the #2 seed, something you guys were unable to do
Originally posted by jreff22:
Its been enough to get the #2 seed, something you guys were unable to do

I hope you enjoyed it
Originally posted by 65of221on3rdLOL:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Its been enough to get the #2 seed, something you guys were unable to do

I hope you enjoyed it

We have, we got healthy and kept you out of the Dome.
Originally posted by jreff22:
We have, we got healthy and kept you out of the Dome.

Now if you could only do something about the Alex Smith situation. Time is ticking. And when you attempt the most FGs in NFL history its kind of hard for the offense to take responsibility for earning the 2 seed.
Originally posted by 65of221on3rdLOL:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We have, we got healthy and kept you out of the Dome.

Now if you could only do something about the Alex Smith situation. Time is ticking. And when you attempt the most FGs in NFL history its kind of hard for the offense to take responsibility for earning the 2 seed.

Alex #2 seed, Brees #3 seed

We won't f**king need to.

When I hear an analyst on ESPN or NFL Network say is as their main argument, all credibility is lost.

It's either can the Saints play on the road or can the 49ers put up 28 points.

Stupidest s**t ever. Just b/c the Saints average 28 on the road doesn't mean that trend will continue. They haven't played a top-5 defense on the road, and they've only played 2 defenses in the top-half of the league.

AND THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED A DEFENSE LIKE OURS EITHER

28 points my ass.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
We won't f**king need to.

When I hear an analyst on ESPN or NFL Network say is as their main argument, all credibility is lost.

It's either can the Saints play on the road or can the 49ers put up 28 points.

Stupidest s**t ever. Just b/c the Saints average 28 on the road doesn't mean that trend will continue. They haven't played a top-5 defense on the road, and they've only played 2 defenses in the top-half of the league.

AND THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED A DEFENSE LIKE OURS EITHER

28 points my ass.

Exactly what offense have you faced like the Saints?