There are 182 users in the forums

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Maybe in a couple of years, not this year..
  • Veteran
Can you guys see Marc Trestman coming back?
There should be no interviewing allowed until the team's season is over and done.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 190836:

awwww hell no. his play calling sucked.

If it comes down to finding a new OC I have to think Harbaugh will look to find a guy that fits how we're built and what we already do.
Gotta' let your staff promote.....it's the reward for being productive
Originally posted by greywolf447:
I agree with you but JH cannot deny any of his coordinators from interviewing for HC job unfortunately. I wish there was a 2 or 3 year limit were they have to stay with the team.

I thought they had some say, but I could be wrong. But whatever case I think the team and front office should whatever tool they have to keep their coordinators.
Originally posted by highway49:
Gotta' let your staff promote.....it's the reward for being productive

This. Cant hold back your coordinators.

Just another problem that the successful teams have to deal with. It seems like New England loses coordinators every year, but they keep chugging along. Harbaugh has not only found great talent in players at every stop he's been, but also in his coaching staff. I believe he could find another OC or whoever if someone left. Next man up!
Originally posted by English:
There should be no interviewing allowed until the team's season is over and done.

This. Penn st. should not be allowed to interview Roman solely because our season isn't done. If he gets hired now, can you say: distraction?
cryst (our qb coach)

Bill O'Brien is actually the leading candidate; and Greg Roman knows Bill O'Brien personally (from their Texans days in the early 00's). -So Penn State is probably calling Roman up to ask about whether Bill's a kiddy poker or not.
  • rum53
  • Veteran
Losing Roman wouldn't be as bad as the past OC turnover. We have an offensive minded head coach who will be able to maintain continuity for the offense and the QB. In the past turnover, we had a defensive HC who did not get involved on offense. Each new OC brought a new offense with them. Right now with have the Jim Harbaugh offense and he will find an OC to run it the way he wants it.
Andy Reid if Philly cans him............ CHAMPIONSHIP!
I am going to have to be committed if we lose another OC after a good year!!!!!!!!!! This sh_t getting old! I hope Bill O'Brien get the job.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jan 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

awwww hell no. his play calling sucked.

His play calling was just fine. Not his fault we had two TERRIBLE running backs. When Harbaugh got hired I brought his name up but seemed he wouldn't leave his HC job for a OC job.
Share 49ersWebzone