LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

WPXI Pittsburg: Source: Roman a Finalist for PSU Job--O'Brien to stay with Pats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jimmy Raye
Man, I hope this don't happen to us again. But if it did we should stay inhouse - Geep Chryst. (Man, what a name.)
Norv Turner.
I have no preference other than towards Shaw, but he wants to stay at Stanford. Maybe once they go down the gutter after Luck leaves he'll be available a few years down the road, but not now.
brian billick.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
NO to Norv Turner or anyone else who does not run or know the west coast offense. The philosophy should be roughly the same as Harbaugh's vision now. He has seemed to incorporate all our players we currently have.
Originally posted by BigTrez:
Norv Turner if he's fired. Alex had one of his better years under Norv, and atleast some familiarity there and not another new coordinator

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong....Norv is a very good OC and a bad HC, but that would mean yet ANOTHER change of system. Won't happen.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I have no preference other than towards Shaw, but he wants to stay at Stanford. Maybe once they go down the gutter after Luck leaves he'll be available a few years down the road, but not now.

He's not the 49ers CURRENT OC because of the Stanford job. He preferred it last year. Other than Luck leaving, I see no reason why a college HC would leave for an NFL Coordinators job.

Won't happen.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by BigTrez:
Norv Turner if he's fired. Alex had one of his better years under Norv, and atleast some familiarity there and not another new coordinator

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong....Norv is a very good OC and a bad HC, but that would mean yet ANOTHER change of system. Won't happen.

• fryet
  • Veteran
I want an OC that is comfortable playing second fiddle to Harbaugh and running Harbaugh's style of offense. For that reason, I have doubts that a big name OC candidate would fit well.

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
whats with these fools always going after our OC's??? is our offense that dominant and potent? i dont get it , how come they dont go after the packers OC or something , wtf...

This is why:
Roman's San Francisco offense finished 26th in total yards this season. However, he's added creativity to the run-first attack that was missing in previous seasons and the 49ers have taken better care of the football than any team this season. The 49ers offense committed only five interceptions and five fumbles and have gone the last 22 quarters without giving up the ball.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/01/report-penn-state-eying-greg-roman-others.html

I'm with PRIMETIME21 on this. What is it about the 49ers OC's? I don't see this happening to other teams, not even the good ones. Other teams get to keep their OC's for at least 3 years, giving time for a system to take root. I don't get it either and I'm really starting to think there is something else going on, I don't know what, but something. I know there are some who think the 49ers would be fine with yet another OC change. Not me We have been down this path before and it has NEVER been good for us. JH is good but there's a reason for coordinators, and of all a coaches coordinators its the OC thats most important. Sure, the system itself won't change, but creativity and how the system is administered will change big time. I really hope to see Bill O'Brien gets the job. Its about time the football gods let us keep a OC.

I don't know but it drives me insane. If I am Alex Smith I'm walking into Romans office and begging him to stay.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

He's not the 49ers CURRENT OC because of the Stanford job. He preferred it last year. Other than Luck leaving, I see no reason why a college HC would leave for an NFL Coordinators job.

Won't happen.

I know, which is why I said he prefers to stay at Stanford. If he wanted to be the OC, he'd have come up along with the rest of Harbaugh's coaching staff, but he said it himself last year, he wants to stay at Stanford for his whole coaching career. That said, I think he relies on Luck way too much, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him to available a few years down the road. Knowing how things go with niners' OCs, we'll probably have an open position then.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS

RT @RichieWalsh: From same Penn State source... Clements and Roman are finalists for #PSU job... Hearing OBrien wants to stay in NFL

Penn st. can continue burning in hell. f**k that school and program.

PSU should hire the GB guy: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12001/1200643-143.stm
[ Edited by global_nomad on Jan 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Jimmy Raye??????????????
Jim Harbaugh
Share 49ersWebzone