LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 431 users in the forums

Your Choice For The 49ers Playoff Opponent On January 14th Is...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Choice For The 49ers Playoff Opponent On January 14th Is...

I want the saints! I want to run over their defense and show brees what a real defense looks like
Saints.

when they leave here, they will be the Aints once again.
with a qb throwing over 5000 yards against our vulnerable secondary (which hasnt had to bad of a season, but is the weakest part of our defense) im a little scared of the saints, they are hot right now.. i would rather face a team that depends a little more on the run...like the falcons, best chance of winning.. i know we will have to face a pass happy offense eventually, but i dont want our defense to have to face that every week in the playoffs... either way though i think we can compete with any team, just really need to concentrate on the red zone efficiency
All 3 of those teams have a tough game to play next week. Then they have to fly across the country to play us. It's been a long season, and our week of rest is a huge advantage. The Saints play much better at home. We already barely beat the Giants, who almost lost at home yesterday to a fading Dallas team. I think we can beat any of them, and will be devastated if we don't. It has been a magical, glorious season, and it just should not end now.
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Originally posted by vaden:
Atlanta, because I only care about winning and they are easily the most beatable of the three.

so are the giants

No the giants are playing well and manning is stepping his game up. The saints are also playing great ball. Ill take atlanta at the stick. I think they give us the best chance to move on.
The Giants were on a roll when we played them as well, everyone kept talking about Manning and how ELITE he was "you cant spell Elite without Eli" and we know how that worked out for the Giants I say bring em all on, we can sit here and debate who we would rather play because of past situations like, the Falcons and how they beat us in 98' or how they embarrassed us in 2009, or how the Giants beat us in 90' when we were clearly more deserving of that SB, or how the Saints beat us on Monday night in 2010 or this preseason when they blitz the hell out of us even though the game was meaningless!!! But ill just say this f@@k them all! and bring it, i don't care who we play they all deserve an @ss whoopin! When they enter the stick they better be ready because our Niners are going to add to the body count that we been piling up this year with injured players!

GO 49ers!!!
Everybody on television loves the Saints. They're all head over heels on Brees. The Saints average 41 points a game in New Orleans and 26 points a game on the road. Bring on the Saints. Niners beat the Saints and everyone will have to sit up and give them some love. If the Niners get past the Saints, they go to Green Bay and face one of the worst defenses in the league. Nobody expects it to happen, but there's a decent chance the Niners could go to the big game this year.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Everybody on television loves the Saints. They're all head over heels on Brees. The Saints average 41 points a game in New Orleans and 26 points a game on the road. Bring on the Saints. Niners beat the Saints and everyone will have to sit up and give them some love. If the Niners get past the Saints, they go to Green Bay and face one of the worst defenses in the league. Nobody expects it to happen, but there's a decent chance the Niners could go to the big game this year.

9ers have beaten many good teams this year and beating the Saints will not turn the media our way. They will find an excuse...SF is an unfriendly place, whatever. I would like to see the 9ers beat the best and that would be the Saints, Green Bay and then New England. Then it might be difficult to dismiss the team...but Jamie Dukes will find a way.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
...but Jamie Dukes will find a way.

"Down year for NFL due to the lockout..."

I don't know, they all have good offenses. I wouldn't be too confident of a matchup against the saints.
[ Edited by toeknee on Jan 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM ]
why everyone does vote Falcons? Lol.. I don't scare about Saints.. pshh... I want the tough games that Saints.. Come on here and bring it on..

I want the Falcons. But it will be the Saints. If you want to go far you have to beat the best teams.
i think imma go to this one guys, gonna make sure its loud out there lol, i always lose my voice after every game i go to XD
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Originally posted by vaden:
Atlanta, because I only care about winning and they are easily the most beatable of the three.

so are the giants

No the giants are playing well and manning is stepping his game up. The saints are also playing great ball. Ill take atlanta at the stick. I think they give us the best chance to move on.
The Giants were on a roll when we played them as well, everyone kept talking about Manning and how ELITE he was "you cant spell Elite without Eli" and we know how that worked out for the Giants I say bring em all on, we can sit here and debate who we would rather play because of past situations like, the Falcons and how they beat us in 98' or how they embarrassed us in 2009, or how the Giants beat us in 90' when we were clearly more deserving of that SB, or how the Saints beat us on Monday night in 2010 or this preseason when they blitz the hell out of us even though the game was meaningless!!! But ill just say this f@@k them all! and bring it, i don't care who we play they all deserve an @ss whoopin! When they enter the stick they better be ready because our Niners are going to add to the body count that we been piling up this year with injured players!

GO 49ers!!!

This.

And btw, if in fact we cannot get past the Saints because their passing game is so strong that we lost for not scoring enough points....THAT IS FINE.

I absolutely, 100% do not want to go to the superbowl by the easiest path possible. I don't want other teams to beat teams for us....I want us to do the beating (although I have no problems for other teams beating them up a little, hehe).

Except for the Baltimore game (where we had a lot against us), this team has not failed to step up all season for the big game. When many on here thought it was lose out after the Cards game, we won out.

I can confidently say if we beat NO & GB, then our chances of winning the super bowl are very, very high as we will have proven that our defense > their offense:

New England - same team as NO/GB
PITT- we beat them already and not afraid of their best self. Arizona gave them that superbowl....they should have won. We would not repeat that performance.
BAL- we can beat our AFC counterparts in a neutral setting
HOU - we can beat our AFC counterparts 2.0
CIN - history shows we can beat them in the SB ;)

I relish the fact that we will play NO in the dome next year. Time to put an end to this dome s****.

We gotta have greater toughness in our fanbase.....we cannot show these "tier 1" teams so much respect. And also, we had an incredible comeback year....there's so much to enjoy, and a LOT LESS AT STAKE for us to lose than other "shoe in" teams.

We are 2nd seed with a 6th seed hunger.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM ]
The Saints, then Packers, the Ravens.
Share 49ersWebzone