LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Your Choice For The 49ers Playoff Opponent On January 14th Is...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Choice For The 49ers Playoff Opponent On January 14th Is...

Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
saints are unstoppable right now. RIP 9ers
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Atlanta, because I only care about winning and they are easily the most beatable of the three.
Originally posted by vaden:
Atlanta, because I only care about winning and they are easily the most beatable of the three.

so are the giants
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Originally posted by vaden:

so are the giants

No the giants are playing well and manning is stepping his game up. The saints are also playing great ball. Ill take atlanta at the stick. I think they give us the best chance to move on.
Bring on who-ever!
But I'd prefer to NOT play a team that is surging right now like NO or NY. I think that we could beat Atlanta - outside and on our turf - which would be a nice piece of much needed revenge. However, with our offense, we won't outscore N.O., no matter how well our defense and special teams play. And NY's defense would put A. Smith into a fetal position for most of the night. Can't see us getting by either one of those teams; even at our house. Feel free to crucify me at will....
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
saints are unstoppable right now. RIP 9ers

We can't be friends anymore.
Atlanta as a 1st opponent in the playoffs....sound familiar SF Giants fans?
Saints or falcons for the revenge game. The giants are a little scary, but I believe we can handle any team.
[ Edited by b9er37 on Jan 2, 2012 at 8:51 AM ]
A great scenario would be that Atlanta would go to GreenBay and play on a very sloppy field in bad weather and beat the Packers and we get The Saints and beat them and get the NFC title game at home. I think we can beat the Saints and I believe a sloppy wet field is bad news for the Packers against a running team that plays good defense IE the Falcons.

I hope Rust isnt one of the opponets

but

I'd pick the Giants, thats who I think we will face. We didnt have a healthy Gore in that Game.

Would rather face the Saints who have a garbage defense.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
A great scenario would be that Atlanta would go to GreenBay and play on a very sloppy field in bad weather and beat the Packers and we get The Saints and beat them and get the NFC title game at home. I think we can beat the Saints and I believe a sloppy wet field is bad news for the Packers against a running team that plays good defense IE the Falcons.

slightly more plausible scenarios:

1) det softens up NO for us (Suh & Co. do their thuggish ways with Brees and that O) --> NO limps into the 'Stick --> meanwhile GB has to play either a ATL team wanting revenge for last yr's playoffs / NYG team that can score with them and also wants revenge for a close loss this year

2) det upsets NO --> then softens up GB for us --> we face bruised pack after taking care of atl / nyg
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 2, 2012 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I want the Saints. We've beaten the Giants, and no one really cares about the Falcons right now. The Saints will give us respect, and it will give the team an overwhelming confidence that will carry them into the NFC Championship!

True but I'd rather play the team we have the best chance at beating and since we can't play the Lions (at least not until the NFCCG) I would say Falcons is our best chance of winning even though we can beat any of those teams.
Originally posted by tulliman:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Muggins879:
There's also a revenge thing with the Falcons. They beat us like 45-10 or something a few years ago at the Stick and then of course last year when Clements fumbled away the win.

plus i can't stand that Play60 bus commercial where they're all with their dumb smug faces with that annoying song

SO.

SICK.

OF.

THAT.

SONG.

amen
Share 49ersWebzone