There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
as much as i want to agree with this i am afraid thst we missed a HUGE chance and actually think its only going to get worst but i hope i am wrong

LOL it's gonna get worse than 9 years of losing?
Baalke has a plan.
Lucky? We still would of won the division either way and STL not like bradford did any better than his backups.....same goes for the horrible rams pass and run d.
ARIZ well Skelton did better than kolb and SEA was pretty healthy.....so NO we did not get lucky at all. The giants got lucky recovering an unforced I repeat unforced turnover from a BACKUP pr and then scored against a BACKUP cb.
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
as much as i want to agree with this i am afraid thst we missed a HUGE chance and actually think its only going to get worst but i hope i am wrong

I'm just hoping we aren't the team that blew an opportunity and spends years and years trying to get back to where we were today. I don't want to be the team that gets knocked out in the 1st round... kind of like how the Falcons had their chances now they are going backwards. It looks like we are in it for the long haul but this season took a lot out of everyone.
Originally posted by elguapo:
We still have to play at gb at new orl at new England so a bye week next year is slim but if we get a bye next year that's great. Crabs is barely a number one wr and morgan and Williams and ginn are not making it as number two and three wrs. We need to sign Rogers Goodson and an guard and wr and we are set.

I also wish the refs didn't blow the whistle so early when bradshaw fumbled.....that would of been game over for the giants and we would all be ready to whip new England. Sad.....first Craig now Williams

Yea we didn't get any breaks tonight.
Well, at least we are still 5-0 in Super Bowls. ;-)

I'll have alot more to say tomorrow, but remember peeps....we played this year with a HUGE disadvantage (new coaching staff in a lockout year). These guys will get a full off-season together. Aldon won't be a rookie anymore. Free Agents will WANT to come here.

You don't get many chaces like this and it hurts like hell, but better days are ahead.
This is definitely the start of something big. For starters, although the NFC West will be better, but I don't think they will be able to compete with us. We also have a pretty young defense. If we can bring those guys back, we can make some noise for years to come.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Well, at least we are still 5-0 in Super Bowls. ;-)

I'll have alot more to say tomorrow, but remember peeps....we played this year with a HUGE disadvantage (new coaching staff in a lockout year). These guys will get a full off-season together. Aldon won't be a rookie anymore. Free Agents will WANT to come here.

You don't get many chaces like this and it hurts like hell, but better days are ahead.

Jim Harbaugh run programs don't regress.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM ]
Now people will want to play for us
This regime will get us back to an NFC Championship. No doubt about it. First things first, we need to load up on skill positions for the offense. More quality depth at WR is a must. Since we run so much out of 2 TE Formations, I would not be opposed of drafting another pass-catching, athletic TE in the 1st or 2nd round to pair with VD. Walker is undersized, and best used in sub-packages. We need more offensive weapons, period.
Still feels like somebody stuck a knife in my gut.
Originally posted by susweel:
Yes the darkages are over.

This, I know some teams have caught lightning and lucked into the playoffs because of particular matchups but I feel like this team can go head-head with any team in the NFL and they'll only improve going forward. They've got a system now, a great head coach, a good general manager and a supportive owner in Jed Jr. 49ers are going to be a perennial playoff contender, can you handle that?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Now people will want to play for us


This
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This regime will get us back to an NFC Championship. No doubt about it. First things first, we need to load up on skill positions for the offense. More quality depth at WR is a must. Since we run so much out of 2 TE Formations, I would not be opposed of drafting another pass-catching, athletic TE in the 1st or 2nd round to pair with VD. Walker is undersized, and best used in sub-packages. We need more offensive weapons, period.

I'm up for Fleener, Walker is a nice player but he's 6 feet tall, not much size at all, although if they kept him and drafted Fleener they could put up the best 3 TE offense in football.