LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 380 users in the forums

A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Need to find a better SS...

why the hell do we need a different SS? Whitner is a beast

whitner is a beast in hitting and against the run... he gets beat in coverage and has gotten beat plenty of times this year when matched up with tight ends. we could do better at that position, trust me. going to be hard to make changes on a defense that has been the best in the NFL this season. nice name btw, lol...
[ Edited by defenderDX on Jan 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran

whitner is a beast in hitting and against the run... he gets beat in coverage and has gotten beat plenty of times this year when matched up with tight ends. we could do better at that position, trust me. going to be hard to make changes on a defense that has been the best in the NFL this season. nice name btw, lol...
Find me a strong safety who matches well against guys who are 8 inches taller than them. Whitner hits hard enough that they don't usually have much room to run after the catch but tight ends are hard to cover period.

This defense is incredible and unless we lose a ton of the pieces I don't see a reason to throw early picks at it. Fix the offense so that the defense is off the field more often.
seriously why the hell would people wanna get rid of whitner?? the only player on our d that is questionable and will be replaced is haralson with aldon next yr. add another cb and depth on the dline to rotate with smith and mcdonald and our d even gets better
Originally posted by mike:

Find me a strong safety who matches well against guys who are 8 inches taller than them. Whitner hits hard enough that they don't usually have much room to run after the catch but tight ends are hard to cover period.

This defense is incredible and unless we lose a ton of the pieces I don't see a reason to throw early picks at it. Fix the offense so that the defense is off the field more often.

Did I not already say Whitner is a good hitter? he has at times been a liability in coverage this season and it has COST us. we need depth. reggie smith is terribad
[ Edited by defenderDX on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM ]
You know eat everybody says Kyle Williams blew it. How bout Harbaugh. He threw that game just like he threw the cowboys game and didn't take the first down, just like he gave his brother a ticket to the playoffs and just when you see this clown diving for punts and going Pele with the football he leaves him in. Doesn't take the five yards for running into the kicker and you mean to tell me shawnte Spencer would not have done a better job than lost ass tremaine Brock. Clown coaching not believing in your receivers. If he believed that his receiving corps were so talented then they should have been used. Get moss , get t.o show me something but don't show me Joe Hastings aka Michael Cera
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by pete98146:
I get the feeling that free agents will start putting SF on the top of their wish lists, just like the good ol days. Players talk. Although Harbaugh has a bad reputation with the press, it's the complete opposite with the team. He treats players with respect, gets to know them, is fair and won't throw them under the bus for any reason. Plus free agents want to go to a winning team. All reasons why we'll be a magnet for quality free agents.

But this will take a few seasons to materialize. Good news is this team is young! We have such a good foundation in place now and we'll only get better.

Fluke? No way. Budding dynasty? No we're talking :)

the way our players are supporting kyle after his bad game is a reflection of Harbaugh.

This is why I know we are going to just be better next season. We have a lot of free agents, most I think we will get re-signed. But this team will have plenty of big namers sniffing the 49ers front office in the offseason. We a have a rock solid family-like locker room and the team is quite young. We have a top shelf bluechip returning coaching staff () that has a coaching clue and the players buy into. This is why I think players like Goldson and Rogers won't try to break the bank. If this were a 3-13 team it would be different. But I just don't see too many of our free agents walking.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike:

Did I not already say Whitner is a good hitter? he has at times been a liability in coverage this season and it has COST us. we need depth. reggie smith is terribad
I can understand depth, I just don't want to use early picks on that position. I know you said he's a good hitter, I said that SS's are rarely ever going to be favorable in a matchup against a tight end...Liability in coverage period? I doubt it. He's been solid most of the year.

Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
You know eat everybody says Kyle Williams blew it. How bout Harbaugh. He threw that game just like he threw the cowboys game and didn't take the first down, just like he gave his brother a ticket to the playoffs and just when you see this clown diving for punts and going Pele with the football he leaves him in. Doesn't take the five yards for running into the kicker and you mean to tell me shawnte Spencer would not have done a better job than lost ass tremaine Brock. Clown coaching not believing in your receivers. If he believed that his receiving corps were so talented then they should have been used. Get moss , get t.o show me something but don't show me Joe Hastings aka Michael Cera
^^Are you serious?
i say sign rogers and goldson and all the special team player thats on free agent
Share 49ersWebzone