Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Now people will want to play for us

This

Hopefully that include wideouts.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Apone:
I think we got lucky to be honest. There were a lot of injuries in the division.Were not going to retain everyone on defense. Gore is getting older. And unless we get some wide outs, I don't trust this offense-not at all.

Unless? We're going to get some wide-outs.
Seriously that's our #1 issue to address this offseason, there's no way that we don't get anyone.

Also, where guys leave we find new guys, that's how we found out how awesome bowman is. Why worry about our defense? Our defense will be epic for years. We found carlos rogers in the bargain bin in Washington and Whitner similarly found in Buffalo. I'm confident that Baalke and Fangio can scout underrated players and find gems if we lose anyone.

Gore showed no signs of rust except when the season first started but that was more from his holdout than anything. He was still a 1300 yd back even with hunter cutting into his carries. I see him having at the least one more season as the top back and several more in a 50/50 split with hunter. Veteran backs just need to be phased out slowly as their effectiveness fades and that will give plenty of time for hunter to fill in his shoes.

We are a well coached team and I'm confident in our scouting abilities too. Looking forward to a full offseason.
This was my first nfc championship game (since i started following the 49ers in 2002-2003) and boy this is tough. I just hope we have another football season and the world doesnt explode due to the mayan calendar. F*ck i wish morgan was back and we have a big wr along with Djack...
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
as much as i want to agree with this i am afraid thst we missed a HUGE chance and actually think its only going to get worst but i hope i am wrong

You are

Not if our OC I still callin plays
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is definitely the start of something big. For starters, although the NFC West will be better, but I don't think they will be able to compete with us. We also have a pretty young defense. If we can bring those guys back, we can make some noise for years to come.
This. Not scared of the Mustache in St Louis after hiring Schottenheimer as OC, that'll derail the development of Bradford.

Cardinals defense looks solid but then again, we'll see just how legit it is next year, they got hot for awhile but are they legit, who knows, plus Whisenhunt is a moron and they have no quarterback.

Seattle is the team that will play the 49ers the toughest, they have some great talent as well and 49ers are going to be fighting them every single year.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This regime will get us back to an NFC Championship. No doubt about it. First things first, we need to load up on skill positions for the offense. More quality depth at WR is a must. Since we run so much out of 2 TE Formations, I would not be opposed of drafting another pass-catching, athletic TE in the 1st or 2nd round to pair with VD. Walker is undersized, and best used in sub-packages. We need more offensive weapons, period.

I'm up for Fleener, Walker is a nice player but he's 6 feet tall, not much size at all, although if they kept him and drafted Fleener they could put up the best 3 TE offense in football.

Agree 100%. Fleener would be ideal. He's 6'6" w/ great hands and athleticism. Plus, there is the Harbaugh/Stanford affiliation. If he performs well at the combine he could as high as late 1st round (right where we will be picking).
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
as much as i want to agree with this i am afraid thst we missed a HUGE chance and actually think its only going to get worst but i hope i am wrong

You are

Not if our OC I still callin plays
Really? He calls a few boneheaded ones but has probably been as big a part of the alex turnaround as Harbaugh has. Sometimes he tries to get creative in situations that he should just call a normal play but whatever. Like that reverse when it was pouring rain, and the gore throw to alex against the saints(despite seeing the rams fail at it the game before).
Basically sign Dwayne Bowe or Stevie Johnson and draft a top WR.
As long as we have Harbaugh, we'll be a championship contender. I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with me there. Our defense and special teams are already championship-caliber level. We just need one stud WR and we'll be set. Completely healthy with Ginn and Morgan, I believe we win this game today.
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
As long as we have Harbaugh, we'll be a championship contender. I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with me there. Our defense and special teams are already championship-caliber level. We just need one stud WR and we'll be set. Completely healthy with Ginn and Morgan, I believe we win this game today.
Sad fact we should have won it anyway.

Bowe would be perfect
I really hope this isn't another team that just go to the playoffs, and maybe gets another true shot at the super bowl 10 years down the line. It's so damn hard just to get to this point, and who's to say our D won't regress next year? There are just too many variables.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Bowe would be perfect

This.

Bowe, Crabtree, Morgan at WR

V. Davis, Fleener + Walker at TE

That's a legit potentially explosive offense, good luck defending that.

If they can sign a guy like Bowe then they can go look to CB, FS, OG or TE(Fleener) in the first round and then go down the draft adding WR's, CB's, and offensive linemen.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I really hope this isn't another team that just go to the playoffs, and maybe gets another true shot at the super bowl 10 years down the line. It's so damn hard just to get to this point, and who's to say our D won't regress next year? There are just too many variables.

I see us going back in probably 2 years; by no shot are we gonna be an 'Atlanta Falcons' type of team that just gets there and does nothing year after year; we're putting the pieces together and learning.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I see us going back in probably 2 years; by no shot are we gonna be an 'Atlanta Falcons' type of team that just gets there and does nothing year after year; we're putting the pieces together and learning.

This, Falcons really don't have an identity, they're just tossing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. It's a franchise that is being run aimlessly with no real direction which is something you're guaranteed to never see from a Harbaugh led team. 49ers will be back to the well again repeatedly over the next few years.
Share 49ersWebzone