LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The thing i loved about this year is the fact that we are such a young team with such a new system that we are only going to get better!! We will be a dominating force next year...i cant wait til the draft where our team will get even stronger
Let's hope so, but I think that we really missed a very big opportunity to go all the way again. You never know when the next one is going to come, that is why you have to take the first one, even with a rookie coach on a five year contract. Next year will be different: a very tough road schedule, no surprise team like this year and huge expectations from the fans (not like this year). Unless the offense improves dramatically, I would not expect a 13-3 season.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
-Rookie Head Coach without an off-season comes in and turns around a 9 year losing culture to 13-3 record, playoff bye-week berth, NFC Championship.
-Rookie Head Coach locked for "AP NFL Coach of the Year"
-General Manager locked for "AP Exec of the Year"
-8 Pro Bowlers.
-1st Round pick close to breaking rookie sack record without starting a game (possibly picked for Defensive Rookie of the Year).
-Alex Smith with the same OC for the first time in 2 seasons.
-Losing the NFC Championship game by a muffed punt and a FG in overtime.

EVERYTHING IS GRAVY FOR THIS f**kING TEAM AT THIS POINT GOING FORWARD!!!!!
This
Absolutely...going from 6-10 to 14-4 is a huge leap forward. All with a limited offense, in part due to the players learning a lot of it on the fly, no off-season, etc. Alex needs some better receiving playmakers, no doubt about that. OL still needs to improve their pass protection, especially against the better pass-rushing teams. They need to use Gore and Hunter more as receivers...both can make plays and avoid some of the hits of going into the line. Baalke needs to re-sign Snyder, Alex, Brooks, Rogers, Goldson, Spillman, Costanzo, Grant, et al. Sign a few good FA's...to upgrade the receiving corps, and provide quality depth at other positions, and obviously another good draft. It should be easier to sign players now...success breeds success and attracts more players who want to be part of something special. In Harbaugh we trust...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I became a big Tarell Brown fan. Dude is legit.
Sorry but I don't buy it. I agree that we will probably be in the playoffs next year but we will never get this close again with this team. This was our chance. We peaked. You can't just be happy to be there...you have to go out and win it all when you're this close. See the 2010 SF Giants.

Opportunities are few and far in between in the NFL and this was ours.

It's amazingly hard to go 13-3, have a bye and have a home game in the NFC Championship.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Sorry but I don't buy it. I agree that we will probably be in the playoffs next year but we will never get this close again with this team. This was our chance. We peaked. You can't just be happy to be there...you have to go out and win it all when you're this close. See the 2010 SF Giants.

It's amazingly hard to go 13-3, have a bye and have a home game in the NFC Championship.

Hi Debbie Downer!

We got here bc we officially have a legit coach and GM who know what they are doing (Saints, Patriots, Giants, Pitt etc) who had very little to prepare this year.

We will get better, hopefully enter team of the decade talk.
Look, we all know this was a tough loss, and many of us, including myself, have placed most of the blame on Kyle Williams.

But I am truly impressed with the character of the 49ers organization. If this were the Jets locker room, you'd have people calling each other out, giving anonymous talks to the media...the 49ers teammates have stuck behind Kyle Williams and as a fan that gives me a lot of hope. This locker room truly developed an "us against the world" mentality, even when the world includes the team's fans. I know this was a magical season and I don't think it's the last one. Harbaugh has four more years on his original contract and I think we'll be perennial playoff contenders for each of those years. The locker room is filled with character guys with amazing athletic ability and that can take teams a long way, as we saw this year.

Tragedy really shows us peoples' true character...we saw the ugly side of spectator sports and I think the 49ers players show us a good example of gamesmanship. As much as Kyle Williams messed up, I'll stand behind the organization and its players, Williams included.
No pain no gain! First time in playoffs you have to experience a painful loss! This gives us the edge we need next season! Gotta be excited for next season! Look for another strong off season by the NINERS and you best believe we pick up a big name wideout! Players are gonna want in on this! Trust me!
No lock that we are in the playoffs next year, much harder schedule. cant take this chacnes for granted cuz you never know when the next one will come

Originally posted by okdkid:

I am a converter as well. Didn't know what he had done to lock down a starting job this year but he really finished the year strong. Had a really strong game last night until he went down.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Hi Debbie Downer!

We got here bc we officially have a legit coach and GM who know what they are doing (Saints, Patriots, Giants, Pitt etc) who had very little to prepare this year.

We will get better, hopefully enter team of the decade talk.

I don't doubt that we will be better...but that doesn't necessary equate to a better record or a better chance at a Super Bowl.

Again, this was our chance and we (Kyle Williams) f**ked it up.
Originally posted by okdkid:

I have to admit, I hated him for so long. Even wanted him cut, but these last 6 weeks or so he has really proved me wrong. I've become a big fan
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I know the loss was painful and still is but we gotta move on. It happened and there is nothing anybody can do about it. The season was great nobody expected anything from this team and we managed to win 14 games. We almost made it to the big dance but the reality we still need to make some more improvements to be considered a complete team.

The future is brighter than it has been in a long time. Here's to having a great off season and come back strong next year.
It was a team loss and they know it! 1of13 on 3rd down is ridiculous! We need some help on offense and trust me help is on it's way! So excited about the future of this our NINERS!
Share 49ersWebzone