There are 276 users in the forums

A Season In Review and What The Future Holds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Yo son:

-We had a 13-3 season after going 6-10 last year.

-We made the playoffs

-Beat the Saints and went to the NFC championship game!

-Alex Smith came out

-Aldon Smith came out.

-Navarro Bowmen came out.

-Best head coach on this side of the appalachian mounts.

-Scared the sh*t out of opponents and formed an identity.

If I I missed something feel free to add.

Go Niners!

Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Yo son:

-We had a 13-3 season after going 6-10 last year.

-We made the playoffs

-Beat the Saints and went to the NFC championship game!

-Alex Smith came out

-Aldon Smith came out.

-Navarro Bowmen came out.

-Best head coach on this side of the appalachian mounts.

-Scared the sh*t out of opponents and formed an identity.

If I I missed something feel free to add.

Go Niners!
Completely agree. The bandwagoners need to get off and stay off. All you guys didn't follow the last 9 years of Niner football. This team is far better than any team the niners have put together since the late 90's. Harbaugh is the real deal and thats what counts. No more Neaderthal Sing, Nolan or panzy ass Erickson making the calls. The guy is going to lead us to the promise land including divisional championships and a superbowl in the near future.

If you don't believe me, look what he and the staff where able to do in just one season? I for one am grateful for an awesome season, and finally being relevant. Ohh how quickly we forget that this team was the laughing stock of the league for close to a decade. I don't, because I endured that crap when I stood up for the team all these years. Where the f**k where all of you bandwagoners.

This teams is going to bounce back. I can't wait to see what Harbaugh and company can do next. We do need to resign all our key players and get some depth. Especially at WR. Damn I could only imagine how good we would've been if Josh Morgan was healthy. This seemed like it would've been his breakout season. f**king Edwards was just garbage.
[ Edited by jojonavy on Jan 23, 2012 at 1:47 AM ]
Good post jreff... forgot about Harbaugh coaching the Pro Bowl. Maybe that game will get the precious NFL ratings since it will be the Harbowl. So maybe he can do some recruiting/scouting. Yeah, I like your point about our loses though... only 22 points in 4 games (12 in 3 games)... never got blown out. We were in all of our games and should have won all but possibly the Ravens game which could have been totally different with the Ginn play. A lot to look forward to it's just that the offseason is damn long. Guess I should be a nascar fan because it ends in November or December and a week later they are advertising the crap. It starts late Feb.

I expect to be better I just hope we aren't that team that gets knocked out in the 1st round and spends years trying to get back to where we were today. I hope next year makes us forget about this a bit. I don't want to be like the Falcons or Chargers (although we are different than them) wondering if we can ever get back the chances we blew.
Originally posted by English:
Summary for those who don't read long posts:

GOOD

GONNA GET BETTER

we WILL know more later.............today
it's a horror of bs catching and returning..No reasoon we shoud NOT be going to the sugar/sb bwl this year except... well you know who...cry, cry, what D fuk.............
Just BRUTAL..................
in one season he changed the culture around here from fighting tooth and nail for a winning record to now superbowl or bust, pretty remarkable.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
in one season he changed the culture around here from fighting tooth and nail for a winning record to now superbowl or bust, pretty remarkable.

Yep and unlike previous years we can probably just sit back and let them make their moves. Other years us fans would have been ready to protest outside of 4949 Centennial trying to get McCloughan and Singletary to realize hey, draft this guy, sign this guy, no don't pay Brandon Jones 16 million. Still won't stop a lot of us from playing GM along though. I just hope Harbaugh's loyalty don't get in the way. Solari might be one to go... too many years and not much improvement.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 23, 2012 at 1:56 AM ]
That was a good post.

Why does everyone have ADD or not like to read?

Anyways, I agree with you, almost 100%. I agree that RG needs an upgrade, with CHILO OUT, and Snyder as a backup. He has value on the bench. We needs players on the OUTSIDE. We've been getting by with Vernon and short passes set-up with clever runs, but like you said everyone will have film on our O now. Look at the Giants and Patriots WRs, Both teams are DEEP. Can you have too many WRs? Crabs is not a homerun threat. We need depth bad. I am not opposed to two WRs in April. One thing that you neglected to mention is DL depth. Someone needs to be groomed behind Smith and McD. We were one player away from having a HOLE in our Defense. CB is not a priority with Brown and Culliver panning out and Rogers wanting back. I would order things like this:

WR (2)
OL
DL
You jumped in a pool with no water but..
You gained 500 lbs but..
Your cholesterol is 490 but..
Your dog just got ran over but..
You lost an eye while drunk and shish kebabing but..
You got in a car crash but..
Your parachute didn't open when you sky dived but...
Your girlfriend dumped you, won the lottery and moved to the Bahamas but..
You got bit by a shark but..
You just lost the first question on 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' but..
You accidentally spilled boiling water on your manhood but..
I think far from sorrow, we should be very proud. The team put up a hell of a battle and with one more year of drafts and free agents, I think the giants will be shaking when we meet again. We know Alex can play with the best now and if we had a few better receivers the giants would have been blown out. There is no need to hang your heads when a team plays like that. Singletary's teams were shameful but not this group. In fact, I think this team was too flawed to compete fully. They needed too many missing receivers and another runningback to really be near equal and even as lacking those pieces, the giants were holding onto their jocks with teeth, nails and bubble gum to win the game. I am thoroughly going to enjoy our draft and next year.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Who's got it better than us?
The Golden State Warriors

NO NO NO. its the Oakland A's
Who's got it better than us? The Giants fan who's got the worst hangover..

Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Who's got it better than us?
The Golden State Warriors

NO NO NO. its the Oakland A's

Mark Henry
Who knows. I think with all our free agents, its going to be very hard to duplicate this year. We need to pull an Atlanta and trade up to get a top receiver because we need help there day 1. A guy to come in immediately and contribute. Two of them.

I can't see our D being that good because of our dbs being free agents. And J Smith is a year older. And F Gore is a year older.

We're close, but overall, I see a top 5 or 6 team, not a top 2 team.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
chances like what we had this year don't roll around often. You never know what's going to happen in the off season. Hopefully we can re-sign our FA's and bring in that true #1 WR that we've been missing for so many years.
But f**k what I think, 49ers for life

FOR LIFE.
Poor 3rd down play and 2 ST mistakes end a great season. More and better things to come. We need WRs who can get open (enough) and catch the ball. It has been a long time, but it feels good to have the team back in the hunt for real; unlike under Nowin/Sing. Thank you JH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone