There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Braylon Edwards released

  • VDSF
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,416
Come Home!!!!

  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,733
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I would bring in Moss before T.O., Better hands, more speed and a better redzone threat.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 12,701
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IF Terrell was brought in, he'd bust his ass to impress. He know's he's at the end of his career and has burned many bridges.

This! He would know what he did will make or break any future with the NFL next year! Low risk, high reward for us at this point!

I think we are assuming too much. We assume he knows he is at the end. We assume he will bust his ass to impress. We assume he has been working on his hands, which at times made him a mockery. Look, I loved the dude too. But will he really help us get to the promise land? Jim is trying to get us number 6, not the Ms. Congeniality award.
[ Edited by fropwns on Dec 27, 2011 at 9:03 AM ]
Originally posted by bleedTHEredngold:
dumb move.... if he gets picked up by any playoff team he'll be able to let them in on all plays and audibles.. should have waited

I'm curious, regardless of this ^ happening or not, does anyone know if there are disclosure clauses in player's contracts about play/strategic info. If not for years down the road, what about during the season.

I've never though of this until now, but if a certain benched/cut player had a beef against his (former) team, what would stop him from giving all the valuable strategic information away that could really burn a team? I mean, if your can't "film" an apponents practice, It seems like you couldn't just hire a guy to your practice squad, who'd just been released by an opponent, to squeeze him for intel

I would assume - and it doesn't sound like - there's anything over multiple season. But within one season, I could see it being a problem and wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some sort of disclosure agreement.....

Anyone ever heard anything about this? Or is my hunch bunk?
[ Edited by stillpans4gold on Dec 27, 2011 at 9:10 AM ]
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IF Terrell was brought in, he'd bust his ass to impress. He know's he's at the end of his career and has burned many bridges.

This! He would know what he did will make or break any future with the NFL next year! Low risk, high reward for us at this point!

This could be his last shot to be a champion and win super bowl also...

That is GREAT MOTIVATION!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,122


That sucks.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,494
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:

Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

At this point I highly doubt he would be a cancer or a problem

based off of what?

The fact that he's at the end of his career, and we are his best chance to get a ring if he were to sign now. He wasn't a cancer in Buffalo or Cincinnati.
At this point I think we can trust Harballs and Ballske. Still can't help being a little shocked with how thin we are at WR.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Come Home!!!!


You know what, never thought I would say this ..but WHY NOT
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:

Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

At this point I highly doubt he would be a cancer or a problem

based off of what?
well he wasn't a problem these past few years and still put up great numbers...at least when compared to what we are used to from the wr position. heck when was with buffalo they did not have a stable qb situation and he still put up good #s.

stopped reading after the bold part, yes hes been a problem, maybe not as big of one, and him being unemplyoed has more to do with his attitude and the injury IMO, last year complete;y healthy he was lucky to get a look from cincy
that is nice and all how u stopped reading right there. um, care to explain how where he was fined by the bengals or did anything that was cancerous or what ever some like to spew around. were there teammates or coaches who leaked something to the media that made the headlines? no, because he actually has been on a pretty good behavior. his return from injury was too late in the season for any team playoff team to take chance on the guy the bengals decieded that they were going to groom their younger players this year. maybe they would've signed maybe not, ifhe was not injured going into the season. but it was apparent with what they were trying to do with that offense.
COME HOME T.O!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:

Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

At this point I highly doubt he would be a cancer or a problem

based off of what?
well he wasn't a problem these past few years and still put up great numbers...at least when compared to what we are used to from the wr position. heck when was with buffalo they did not have a stable qb situation and he still put up good #s.

stopped reading after the bold part, yes hes been a problem, maybe not as big of one, and him being unemplyoed has more to do with his attitude and the injury IMO, last year complete;y healthy he was lucky to get a look from cincy
that is nice and all how u stopped reading right there. um, care to explain how where he was fined by the bengals or did anything that was cancerous or what ever some like to spew around. were there teammates or coaches who leaked something to the media that made the headlines? no, because he actually has been on a pretty good behavior. his return from injury was too late in the season for any team playoff team to take chance on the guy the bengals decieded that they were going to groom their younger players this year. maybe they would've signed maybe not, ifhe was not injured going into the season. but it was apparent with what they were trying to do with that offense.

they went from a playoff team to a team that lost about 9 or 10 in a row, he can have his stats, hes not a winner, did u know he hasnt won a playoff game since we beat the giants? yes he played in sb, but none of the playoff games leading up to it
Originally posted by bleedTHEredngold:
dumb move.... if he gets picked up by any playoff team he'll be able to let them in on all plays and audibles.. should have waited

This!
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
I'm curious, regardless of this ^ happening or not, does anyone know if there are disclosure clauses in player's contracts about play/strategic info. If not for years down the road, what about during the season.

I've never though of this until now, but if a certain benched/cut player had a beef against his (former) team, what would stop him from giving all the valuable strategic information away that could really burn a team? I mean, if your can't "film" an apponents practice, It seems like you couldn't just hire a guy to your practice squad, who'd just been released by an opponent, to squeeze him for intel

I would assume - and it doesn't sound like - there's anything over multiple season. But within one season, I could see it being a problem and wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some sort of disclosure agreement.....

Anyone ever heard anything about this? Or is my hunch bunk?
Just think about all the players that went to Seattle and how they OWNED us after that. Although I must say we don't really do a lot with the WR's so it may be a mute point.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Dec 27, 2011 at 9:18 AM ]