There are 257 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by bleedTHEredngold:
dumb move.... if he gets picked up by any playoff team he'll be able to let them in on all plays and audibles.. should have waited

This!

lol thats just dumb

Not like he understood our offense anyways, he looked confused/lost every play
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:

Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

At this point I highly doubt he would be a cancer or a problem

based off of what?
well he wasn't a problem these past few years and still put up great numbers...at least when compared to what we are used to from the wr position. heck when was with buffalo they did not have a stable qb situation and he still put up good #s.

stopped reading after the bold part, yes hes been a problem, maybe not as big of one, and him being unemplyoed has more to do with his attitude and the injury IMO, last year complete;y healthy he was lucky to get a look from cincy
that is nice and all how u stopped reading right there. um, care to explain how where he was fined by the bengals or did anything that was cancerous or what ever some like to spew around. were there teammates or coaches who leaked something to the media that made the headlines? no, because he actually has been on a pretty good behavior. his return from injury was too late in the season for any team playoff team to take chance on the guy the bengals decieded that they were going to groom their younger players this year. maybe they would've signed maybe not, ifhe was not injured going into the season. but it was apparent with what they were trying to do with that offense.

they went from a playoff team to a team that lost about 9 or 10 in a row, he can have his stats, hes not a winner, did u know he hasnt won a playoff game since we beat the giants? yes he played in sb, but none of the playoff games leading up to it
are you serious with this post? yeah i think i'm done with conversation with you. edit- well i dont want to come off as an arse, so i'll ask how many bengals games did u watch last year?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 27, 2011 at 9:23 AM ]
Maybe it was a chemistry thing. Maybe the guy was pouting and loafing around. Being back Zeigler now that his number is free!
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
dumb move.... if he gets picked up by any playoff team he'll be able to let them in on all plays and audibles.. should have waited

This!

lol thats just dumb

um.......try to stop gore
run blitz and play man to man on the outside? i don't think there is much he is going to give away. our team lives off teams turning the ball over and great field position thankx to our special teams as well. i think the ravens showed how to beat us. no turnovers and no giving up sacks on their part.
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

This!

lol thats just dumb

have a hard time believing a team would use a roster spot on a guy that wont be able to play

saints dont need a wr

packers dont need a wr

lions dont need a wr
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:

Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

At this point I highly doubt he would be a cancer or a problem

based off of what?
well he wasn't a problem these past few years and still put up great numbers...at least when compared to what we are used to from the wr position. heck when was with buffalo they did not have a stable qb situation and he still put up good #s.

stopped reading after the bold part, yes hes been a problem, maybe not as big of one, and him being unemplyoed has more to do with his attitude and the injury IMO, last year complete;y healthy he was lucky to get a look from cincy
that is nice and all how u stopped reading right there. um, care to explain how where he was fined by the bengals or did anything that was cancerous or what ever some like to spew around. were there teammates or coaches who leaked something to the media that made the headlines? no, because he actually has been on a pretty good behavior. his return from injury was too late in the season for any team playoff team to take chance on the guy the bengals decieded that they were going to groom their younger players this year. maybe they would've signed maybe not, ifhe was not injured going into the season. but it was apparent with what they were trying to do with that offense.

they went from a playoff team to a team that lost about 9 or 10 in a row, he can have his stats, hes not a winner, did u know he hasnt won a playoff game since we beat the giants? yes he played in sb, but none of the playoff games leading up to it
are you serious with this post? yeah i think i'm done with conversation with you. edit- well i dont want to come off as an arse, so i'll ask how many bengals games did u watch last year?

almost all of them, my brother is a bengals fan, look i understand he got his stats, hes not a winner though, hes allen iverson of the nfl, the entire time we've been out of the playoffs and his team hasnt won a playoff game he suited up in, i'm not interested in him, and we might aswell stop talking about it cus read the reports from everyone out there right now, nobody is considering this a possibility besides a handful on NT
Wow...... I'm shocked. I really had high hopes for him and thought he would show up during the playoff's. Good luck to Braylon, No way he's done....
Ugh this makes me miss Joshua Morgan. He was looking good :(
No to TO he had his chance and he burned the Niners. Dont need an infection on a good stable team. He screwed his OWN teamates on the Niners and other teams. There is a price to pay for being an ass and he is now paying it. You want a receiver try Zeigler again for the last game and playoffs. I think Jason Hill got cut and might be around. I found that this move to waive Edwards surprising at this point in the season. Its got to be a attitude problem as if it was due to injuries they could of placed him on IR. Edwards lost favor with me when he didnt go after the pass in the end zone which was picked off. If he couldnt catch it he should of done anything legal or illegal to prevent the interception.
DAMNN!! at least it was after christmas!

• NONAME
  • Go Raiders
T.O has one chance to continue playing with the NFL! Do you really think if we sign him he would act up? Hell no! He will play lights out and try for a contract next year! Like i said before low risk, high reward
Holy s**t the 49ers said GTFO
OK...after the intial shock wore off, it kinda makes sense.

I think this is about Delanie Walker.

The Niners need a TE in the short term but don't want to put Walker on IR in case he makes it back for the playoffs.. They need a roster spot.

Edwards had been passes weeks ago by Kyle Williams and Ginn and hasn't been on the same page all year. I don't think this was a "get the hell out" move as much as a numbers game. If you take the fact that he's a big "name" away and just look at performance and look at the roster numbers, this actually makes sense.

It also means that I think they don't expect Williams or Ginn to be out too much longer.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Damn, son. That's bold.

Agree. Harbaugh and Baalke must have a plan. Was hoping Edwards would get healthy and help us in the playoffs. Ready to see what happens next.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
OK...after the intial shock wore off, it kinda makes sense.

I think this is about Delanie Walker.

The Niners need a TE in the short term but don't want to put Walker on IR in case he makes it back for the playoffs.. They need a roster spot.

Edwards had been passes weeks ago by Kyle Williams and Ginn and hasn't been on the same page all year. I don't think this was a "get the hell out" move as much as a numbers game. If you take the fact that he's a big "name" away and just look at performance and look at the roster numbers, this actually makes sense.

It also means that I think they don't expect Williams or Ginn to be out too much longer.

Yeah...I'm kinda expecting Konrad to be brought up more than anything.
Share 49ersWebzone