LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by NONAME:

Originally posted by Chief:
Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

At this point I highly doubt he would be a cancer or a problem
Originally posted by wailers15:

Sign TO!

HELL NO. The last thing we would need is a potential cancer in the locker room going into the playoffs.

based off of what?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
IF Terrell was brought in, he'd bust his ass to impress. He know's he's at the end of his career and has burned many bridges.
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IF Terrell was brought in, he'd bust his ass to impress. He know's he's at the end of his career and has burned many bridges.

This! He would know what he did will make or break any future with the NFL next year! Low risk, high reward for us at this point!
Williams is the secret weapon---------------------------------------------
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This must have to be more than just an injury because if it was just an injury they could have just put him IR.
This is a bummer, we were already hurting at WR and now we are in even more of a rut

we are just going to have to ride it out with what we have, because any WR we bring in will only be an emergency option, it's too late to get a new WR to come in and get familiar with the system , Ginn, Williams and Crabtree all need to pick up their game in a big way
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Dec 27, 2011 at 8:44 AM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
This is a bummer, we were already hurting at WR and now we are in even more of a rut

we are just going to have to ride it out with what we have, because any WR we bring in will only be an emergency option, it's too late to get a new WR to come in and get familiar with the system , Ginn, Williams and Crabtree all need to pick up their game in a big way

How is it too late?
Originally posted by susweel:
This must have to be more than just an injury because if it was just an injury they could have just put him IR.

It is more than the injuries. Look at his play when he actually played. Not good.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 27, 2011 at 8:45 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

He didn't show much so putting him on IR knowing he would be a FA that we wouldn't want to resign would be kind of useless. Morgan has proven himself and wants to be back....and we want him back. Also this late in the year it's better to just release him.

I agree....it would be tough for him to ruin a locker room in one month....plus he would be happy to be on playoff team
no TO. I don't want that gut getting near crabtree. you want crab to go the same route as TO as far as his attitude? keep the real divas off this team.
I think Braylon was a neg guy, Im glad we got rid of him. I was stoked when we got him especially on a 1 yr. contract. He whined for the ball since he got here, and he did look ok up until his injury. But lets be honest he was here just for the payday next yr.... Once things didnt go his way he pouted, and acted like a 2 yr old
They other day there was an interview in which he said something along the lines of "well i didnt play ask them....." And the way he said it was portrayed like he was saying it with spite or anger.
As a Vet he should have acted as glue and patched things up and portrayed a good image, you know thats what coach would have wanted.... Thats what a "team guy" would have done, had his shot blew, then whines to the media, yeah ok ......

Bye-Bye Braylon, no love lost here..........
Originally posted by crabman82:

Sign TO!

based off of what?
well he wasn't a problem these past few years and still put up great numbers...at least when compared to what we are used to from the wr position. heck when was with buffalo they did not have a stable qb situation and he still put up good #s.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Sign TO!

based off of what?
well he wasn't a problem these past few years and still put up great numbers...at least when compared to what we are used to from the wr position. heck when was with buffalo they did not have a stable qb situation and he still put up good #s.

stopped reading after the bold part, yes hes been a problem, maybe not as big of one, and him being unemplyoed has more to do with his attitude and the injury IMO, last year complete;y healthy he was lucky to get a look from cincy
Share 49ersWebzone