LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Braylon Edwards released

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Any WRs on other team PS worth a look??
[ Edited by ace49ers on Dec 27, 2011 at 7:51 AM ]
Originally posted by contrarios:
Maybe it is to bring Reuland up from the practice squad.

that would be my guess
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Derek Mason, Moss, T.O., really are the top names available followed by Berrian, Don't forget about Antonio Bryant(whatever happened to him? Did he die?), Chris Chambers, Laveranues Coles, and our beloved Jason Hill, or we could bring back Lance Long or Ziegler. Rookie-wise there is Marty Gilyard, Vidal Hazelton, and we could always pluck Ronald Johnson back form the Eagles PS lol.

Or we'll promote one of our PS guys.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 27, 2011 at 7:54 AM ]
Didn't Moss files retirement paper? I do t think he can come back that quick and easy.
AMEN
If true, it doesn't really surprise me...Edwards has never really fit in the offense. Even when he was healthy, he wasn't much of an impact receiver. Just based on the players available, I'm guessing we'll see an increased role for Kyle Williams...and potentially Brett Swain. No intel on our two PS WR's, Matthews or Hastings. I think Harbaugh got tired of waiting for Edwards to get healthy and produce...when you've got a 1-yr contract, you simply need to do more than BE has done.
Originally posted by sfout:
Derek Mason, Moss, T.O., really are the top names available followed by Berrian, Don't forget about Antonio Bryant(whatever happened to him? Did he die?), Chris Chambers, Laveranues Coles, and our beloved Jason Hill, or we could bring back Lance Long. Rookie-wise there is Marty Gilyard, Vidal Hazelton, and we could always pluck Ronald Johnson back form the Eagles PS lol.

Or we'll promote one of our PS guys.

We need a big wr (redzone).....Chambers may not be a bad idea....
Who wears number 81 right now ?

Only 1 is worthy of wearing it .

Time to come home .
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Didn't Moss files retirement paper? I do t think he can come back that quick and easy.

i think he can just simply ask for his re-activation by the league.

I really hoping for Moss or TO

VD mentioned something about coaches and that players stick together? What happened in that locker room? WRs letting out some steam or something more?

Pretty sure this came about because of the Delanie Walker Jaw injury and him being out for some time... They don't want to IR him because of the possibility of him being available in the playoffs... Not IR'ing = cutting Braylon to open a roster spot... Coupled with the knee injury rehab coming along slower than anticipated... it was the perfect storm... Maybe they bring in another Tight end...I think as alot of ppl stated... that Reuland might be the likely fit
Staying with Edwards the way they did lost us some valuable time with someone else they could have incorporated into the offense. But they did tried to give Edwards a chance. No one could say that they didn't. Just confirmed what we were seeing out of Edwards that the coaches also have seen. Lazy route running, half -effort on catching the ball. And I noticed on one play in the Seahawks game, Edward ran an out, gave himself so little room that the DB easily jammed him out of bound. He did the same thing in the Washington game. Took himself out of the play all together when Smith was looking for help on a scramble. Would have been an illegal touch penalty even if he had caught the ball.

Talent wasted.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i'll bet Edwards is regretting giving away that near 1-mill to them kids.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

i think he can just simply ask for his re-activation by the league.

I really hoping for Moss or TO

Yep. the league can instantly reactivate a player as long he is passes a physical I think.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i'll bet Edwards is regretting giving away that near 1-mill to them kids.

yeah dude was pretty much playing for free.
Share 49ersWebzone