LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

which WR will 49ers bring in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we don't sign T.O. I'm going to be pissed!
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/12/49ers-release-braylon-edwards.html

barrows mentions chris chambers in the article

Hmmm, that's a name I hadn't thought of. Chambers used to be a really solid receiver. A good #2 in Miami for a bit, but greatly tailed off after his career year in 2005. Hasn't been the same since. I don't know if I'd rather have him or Ziegler. He can block better than Zig, for sure, and made some circus catches in the past. But Zig runs routes well and obviously has great hands.

he was one fo the guys who worked out when morgan got hurt

The other name mentioned seems even more possible to me though:

Quote:
Veterans Chris Chambers and Brian Finneran worked out for the 49ers earlier this year and also are possibilities.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
I think they are activating the PS TE... Rueland (sp?)... He will come in and do dirty work.... Special Teams/Block The fatties duties....

I doubt we bring a Vet WR, that will not play muti pos. ie... TE/Slot Man/FB/H-Back, I think the guy we bring up from the PS can fill the most space, and already knows playbook.

We need help at the WR spot, someone who wants to catch balls

Paris Hilton?
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SandSlingin49er:
I think they are activating the PS TE... Rueland (sp?)... He will come in and do dirty work.... Special Teams/Block The fatties duties....

I doubt we bring a Vet WR, that will not play muti pos. ie... TE/Slot Man/FB/H-Back, I think the guy we bring up from the PS can fill the most space, and already knows playbook.

We need help at the WR spot, someone who wants to catch balls

Paris Hilton?

shes a mouth catcher though and alexs balls wont fit through a face mask
One thing about our new front office.......they don't screw around. Edwards was a non-factor all season so they let him go. My guess is they bring back either Hill or Zeigler.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If we don't sign T.O. I'm going to be 8pissed!

Turn the freaking page!
With Walker hurt I think Reuland will get called up. Joe Hastings is another guy that could get a shot. I don't think they will sign a FA this late into the season, and will rather go with a practice squad guy.
Hastings
who ever they get they better get someone quick. The clock is ticking.....playoff game in 2 or 3 weeks....
the 49ers really need the bye week off for the playoffs, the game vs the Rams is huge because I don't see NO losing this weekend. They are starting to peak.

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Is Braylon finally gonna step up and actually make some plays? The only other healthy WR I can think of is Swain and I'm not sure if he's that much better than Braylon.

yes he will

can i change my answer
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Is Braylon finally gonna step up and actually make some plays? The only other healthy WR I can think of is Swain and I'm not sure if he's that much better than Braylon.

Personally I just dont think he will make it. Watching out for PS and FA options though.

Called it

Owzat?
I don't see Harbaugh bringing in a WR who doesn't know the offense...not enough time to get familiar enough with it, IMHO. Zeigler's a possibility, given he was cut just before the regular season started. If it's a PS guy, I'd think it'd be Joe Hastings. Advantage of promoting Hastings is nobody has NFL film on him outside of pre-season, so he could surprise opponents.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If we don't sign T.O. I'm going to be pissed!

either him or randy moss, very few vet choices at this point...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/12/49ers-release-braylon-edwards.html

barrows mentions chris chambers in the article

Hmmm, that's a name I hadn't thought of. Chambers used to be a really solid receiver. A good #2 in Miami for a bit, but greatly tailed off after his career year in 2005. Hasn't been the same since. I don't know if I'd rather have him or Ziegler. He can block better than Zig, for sure, and made some circus catches in the past. But Zig runs routes well and obviously has great hands.

he was one fo the guys who worked out when morgan got hurt

so was the former falcons receiver brian finneran, who is 6-5 and wowuld give niners a tall receiver
Share 49ersWebzone