LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

which WR will 49ers bring in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/12/49ers-release-braylon-edwards.html

barrows mentions chris chambers in the article
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
This guy

http://www.nfl.com/player/johnmatthews/2507639/profile

If D Walker busted his jaw, he should be on IR, with Edwards gone, that leaves two roster spots, Rueland come up for Walker, and Mattews comes up for Edwards, that's why we have a practice squad, I really can't think of a better solution at this late point in the season, these two guys have the most familiarity with the team and the system.
We wont sign TO. Too good to be true if we did

Were just gonna elevate some bum from the practice squad
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

If they are bums, they shouldn't be on the practice squad.
I feel like we don't have many options right now. Really concerned with Williams health. And Ginn too. I think we'll be OK with Reuland for Walker. But Peele is a serious downgrade as both a blocker and pass-catcher.

Ironically, a guy who started off the season a little dinged is now our only healthy receiver, along with someone who was purely a special teamer last year. With Walker, Williams and Ginn hurt, and Edwards gone, our starting receivers and tight ends are down to:

Crabtree -- Vernon -- Peele/Reuland -- Swain. Yikes. Williams and Ginn should be ready for the playoffs, correct?

I wonder what they're going to do this week. Bring up Reuland and Hastings? Sign Ziegler or Jason Hill? Use Moran Norris as the H-back or something? ()
Originally posted by English:

I see it as if they weren't bums, they would be on the 53 man roster than the practice squad
Who on the 9ers is 6'6'', 225lbs, and runs a 4.5?

Colin Kaepernick
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I feel like we don't have many options right now. Really concerned with Williams health. And Ginn too. I think we'll be OK with Reuland for Walker. But Peele is a serious downgrade as both a blocker and pass-catcher.

Ironically, a guy who started off the season a little dinged is now our only healthy receiver, along with someone who was purely a special teamer last year. With Walker, Williams and Ginn hurt, and Edwards gone, our starting receivers and tight ends are down to:

Crabtree -- Vernon -- Peele/Reuland -- Swain. Yikes. Williams and Ginn should be ready for the playoffs, correct?

I wonder what they're going to do this week. Bring up Reuland and Hastings? Sign Ziegler or Jason Hill? Use Moran Norris as the H-back or something? ()

Williams should be fine, I'm not worried about him. If not back this week Ginn will be ready come playoff time, and will be rested.
Bring in TO

guy knows the west coast offense and can run the f**king slant

Seems likely, especially if we have to put Walker on IR.

Joe Hastings FTW!
Originally posted by crabman82:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/12/49ers-release-braylon-edwards.html

Hmmm, that's a name I hadn't thought of. Chambers used to be a really solid receiver. A good #2 in Miami for a bit, but greatly tailed off after his career year in 2005. Hasn't been the same since. I don't know if I'd rather have him or Ziegler. He can block better than Zig, for sure, and made some circus catches in the past. But Zig runs routes well and obviously has great hands.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

Hmmm, that's a name I hadn't thought of. Chambers used to be a really solid receiver. A good #2 in Miami for a bit, but greatly tailed off after his career year in 2005. Hasn't been the same since. I don't know if I'd rather have him or Ziegler. He can block better than Zig, for sure, and made some circus catches in the past. But Zig runs routes well and obviously has great hands.

he was one fo the guys who worked out when morgan got hurt
Originally posted by English:

I see it as if they weren't bums, they would be on the 53 man roster than the practice squad

Maybe they are just young.
or hastings
Share 49ersWebzone