LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

which WR will 49ers bring in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
T.O. coming here would be perfect. he can play with us in the playoffs, he has 3 weeks to get some practice in. This is his best chance to redeem himself and retire on a high note, so he will have some motivation to do that and prove everyone wrong
  • ACUK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
going all in on Konrad Reuland

Got to agree, promote him from the PS to cover for Walker while he's injured, but it still leaves us thin at WR.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by hofer36:
so was the former falcons receiver brian finneran, who is 6-5 and wowuld give niners a tall receiver

get him

This (if Reuland doesnt get the spot), and it makes the most sense given his size. No receiver we pick up will be able to reliably contribute at this point. With Finneran, he could learn the basic routes and contribute situationally on 3rd down and in the redzone. Similar to how they signed Peele and just put him in to block the first couple games, Finneran could come in and just be ready for a jump ball or block.
[ Edited by 5280High on Dec 27, 2011 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by hofer36:
so was the former falcons receiver brian finneran, who is 6-5 and wowuld give niners a tall receiver

get him

This (if Reuland doesnt get the spot), and it makes the most sense given his size. No receiver we pick up will be able to reliably contribute at this point. With Finneran, he could learn the basic routes and contribute situationally on 3rd down and in the redzone. Similar to how they signed Peele and just put him in to block the first couple games, Finneran could come in and just be ready for a jump ball or block.

plus, his height would help with all the high balls that Alex throws
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sign Jerry Rice asap Im sure he can still play.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
The thought of Zeigler makes me cringe because he would probably be the worst option as far as durability goes. If he ends up getting hurt then we'll be right back where we started. Moss has the best hands but Hill has some value because of his time with Alex. I just hope they can get it right, because our WR corp needs to step up their game and help this team take it to the next level.
Owens would be a better option than Moss because Owens has already played in a WCO before and Owens has always been great at picking up an offense very quickly. Owens would just have to learn the language of Harbaughs playbook, none of the these options will probably happen though.
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Dec 27, 2011 at 10:35 AM ]
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
T.O. coming here would be perfect. he can play with us in the playoffs, he has 3 weeks to get some practice in. This is his best chance to redeem himself and retire on a high note, so he will have some motivation to do that and prove everyone wrong

The Catch 3!

OWENS! OWENS! OWENS! OWENS! HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT! TOUCHDOWN 49ERS!!!!!

OWENS WITH THE GAME WINNING CATCH AGAINTS THE PACKERS, AGAIN! AND THIS TIME TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL! OH MY GOD WHAT A CATCH!!!!!

Originally posted by VDSF:

The Catch 3!

OWENS! OWENS! OWENS! OWENS! HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT! TOUCHDOWN 49ERS!!!!!

OWENS WITH THE GAME WINNING CATCH AGAINTS THE PACKERS, AGAIN! AND THIS TIME TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL! OH MY GOD WHAT A CATCH!!!!!

I might cry if that happened
Don't hold your breath - BO is NEVER COMING HERE!!

The Catch 3!

I might cry if that happened

Smith has to make sure he stumbled out from center to make it more dramatic. I swear Steve made me almost coughed up a bleeding heart with that sh*t. Then he recovered nicely and for a second I thought he was going to scramble. Perfect pass to Owens
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 27, 2011 at 10:43 AM ]

Yes, I have no problem with bringing in TO right now because he's got the size, talent and experience we need to jump in and start right away. God knows he'd be in great shape and ready to go. Even with this big mouth and attitude he's a great option. Now is the time to make a run at the Superbowl!!!

The Catch 3!

The Catch 3!

What a waste of a good wide receiver He should have been a niner for life.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4655/arnaz-battle
TO was at the King's game last night (in Sacramento).... Niners release Braylon today. Hmm.
T.O. use to punk Woodson when he was with the raiders, bring him in!
Share 49ersWebzone