There are 286 users in the forums

which WR will 49ers bring in

Shop Find 49ers gear online
you guys on soup talk zoner zone kill me. Obviously bored. Go shopping or something. THis is a lame conversation. Why the hell would the niners bring owens this week or next. All the cameras and spotlight would be on him. During the games they would show him on the sideline and as soon as he whined like a baby or looked at alex funny all hell would break loose. Anyone who thinks they are even thinking about bringing him back are out of touch with reality. They cut edwards because of 2 potential reasons. A distraction in the locker room and or to move up a receiver or tight end from the practice squad, period.
first i would bring in for a workout if all good i would sign him for the minimum.
Originally posted by whatawegot:
you guys on soup talk zoner zone kill me. Obviously bored. Go shopping or something. THis is a lame conversation. Why the hell would the niners bring owens this week or next. All the cameras and spotlight would be on him. During the games they would show him on the sideline and as soon as he whined like a baby or looked at alex funny all hell would break loose. Anyone who thinks they are even thinking about bringing him back are out of touch with reality. They cut edwards because of 2 potential reasons. A distraction in the locker room and or to move up a receiver or tight end from the practice squad, period.

Well, why did you post then?
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I support the idea of giving TO a workout and if impressive enough, sign him to a fair post-season contract (seeing as the regular season is done). I've never believed the media hype that he is a cancer. A distraction? Somewhat, but mainly because the media targets players whom they deem "hero/villain" and focus most of their energy on them instead of the actual sport itself. Sure he might enjoy being in the spotlight (some posters on this board are like that as well) but If NBC/CBS/ESPN can't stop showing TO on screen, it's because THEY'RE obsessed with TO. That's not his fault at this point in his career. He hasn't done anything "controversial" to "attract" media attention since perhaps 2006..they're attracted to him not the other way around. With all that said, Jed, Trent and Jim need to sit down and consider the facts and possibilities thoroughly but I don't see why Terrell Owens should get any less of a "look" than any other available WR...in fact, if anything he deserves MORE "looks" because he's headed to Canton one day...
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by danimal:
Yeah, lets bring Team Obliterator onto one of the best TEAMS in recent NFL history. That makes sense. It barely made sense when he was a dangerous receiver, now it makes zero sense

Eagles were fine without him. Cowboys are the same team they were with him as without him. Cincy is doing well without him. Buffalo sucked either way.
Not sure that he's really torn up a team more than the 9ers.

Fine. Pretty much my most hated word in sports debates. Yeah, the Cowboys and Eagles were fine. Just one problem, they were supposed to have been a whole heck better than fine....in fact TO was brought in to help win Championships. And the 49ers, Cowboys and Eagles all had to deal with extra off the field focus centered on T.O. which is accepted by most people who understand football to be a major distraction.

What are you arguing here, that T.O. has no affect on locker room and team morale

Nope..just that I don't think he'd cause harm for the short term..and that he did less harm than the Media makes it out to be....with the exception of here.
While I hate to find myself saying this, due to him being one of the biggest a--es in NFL history, TO still isn't the worst choice in fact not to bad of an option. He still is a reciever that demands attention regardless what team he plays for. Leave him open short he'll burn you on the yac, leave him open deep, he'll burn you for the deep ball. Alter your defense the put and extra man on him crabtrees open, alter you defense to a dime package then Gore burns you on the ground try to get blitz happy and you have Davis, Crabtree, and TO on the short pass, Braylon was brought on for two reasons, well known receiver that we hoped would demand attention, and his ability to catch the off axis redzone passes. 1e've seen now that Smith knows the short slants and him connecting to crabtree on those plays makes the defense second guess themselves. Walker won't be put on the IR before the end of the season so its very doubtful we will go after another tight end, but however we really are too thin in the WR area. And moving in a veteran reciever regardless what kind of a-- he is could prove helpful for the rest of the real 49ers offense. Alex smith sould have nothing to worry about either if TO wanted to get mouthy, he's got more team support then he has in whole career, and with the added support of coach harbaugh he knows TO's mouth is nothing to fear.
^ text wall....

Didn't read, LOL.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

That stiff arm in the last highlight is convincing. T.O. could be a great replacement for Delainie or Braylon.

I didn't want him here until I saw that Video. That seems like recent footage and he looks really good. If he's 100% healthy and recovered from knee surgeries, I think he can make our offense better.

Harbaugh won't let him run his mouth and ruin the locker room.
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Harbaugh says whoever fills Braylon Edwards' roster spot will be an in-house candidate. He says there will be a competition

hopefully the TO talk can go away
Originally posted by crabman82:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Harbaugh says whoever fills Braylon Edwards' roster spot will be an in-house candidate. He says there will be a competition

hopefully the TO talk can go away

There ya go. He wants someone who knows the play-book. It's gonna be Konrad, imo.

Konrad Reuland it is then
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Konrad Reuland it is then

That's my feeling...
"@MaioccoCSN: WR John Matthews says WR Joe Hastings will be promoted to 49ers 53-man roster."
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
"@MaioccoCSN: WR John Matthews says WR Joe Hastings will be promoted to 49ers 53-man roster."

does this make swain #2 wr
I had a feeling about Joe Hastings since he is our fastest reciever on the team not named Ginn.
Share 49ersWebzone