There are 205 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If the Saints lose on Monday...

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Yes, the team that is taking luck will not trade up to get him. Have you been paying attention to any draft reports?

Luck isn't The only Qb coming out in the draft

Riiiiiight...I forgot how Julio Jones was the only WR in last year's draft..
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
This thread is beyond retarded. If we were so worried about division rivals getting a prospect then we should lay down to them every year, right? Who gets #1 is out of our hands, I would be irate if we laid down just to try to keep the rams from getting it. Could you imagine that conversation between York and Harbaugh?

Jed: " hey Jim, let's lose this game so that the Rams won't be able to draft the #1 prospect next year. We are too big of pussies to want to play him"

Jim: "hey Jed"

Jed: "yes Jim?"

Jim: "go f**k yourself"

no its different cuz we have nothing to play for...if the game meant anything than id never dream of saying lie down

No matter the situation, we will not be lying down for them. It's not gonna happen. And quite frankly if we did, I would be very disappointed.
Didnt we play this game last year? Should we lose intentionally to AZ to get a better draft pick? That was all over the zone for a week. Why are we so worried about draft seeding of our division? We seem to do a fairly good job picking players that help us, overthinking what the rest of the league will/wont do regarding April is purely nuts.

Beat the Rams, get the #2 seed and worry about the offseason when there is an offseason.
And realistically, monsterzero, we won't...but we as fans can wonder if it'd be in the long-term best interest of our team.
[ Edited by andes14 on Dec 24, 2011 at 6:54 PM ]
IF we lock up the #2 seed and IF the #1 seed gets locked up by the packers, I would hope that we Play Kapernick and use Dixon for most of the game Keep A.S. Gore, and Hunter completely fresh for the postseason. IF this means we still win I'm ok with that. Either way I'm routing the Colts LOSE next week in the worst way!
[ Edited by tmpluff on Dec 24, 2011 at 6:55 PM ]
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Didnt we play this game last year? Should we lose intentionally to AZ to get a better draft pick? That was all over the zone for a week. Why are we so worried about draft seeding of our division? We seem to do a fairly good job picking players that help us, overthinking what the rest of the league will/wont do regarding April is purely nuts.

Beat the Rams, get the #2 seed and worry about the offseason when there is an offseason.

The advantage gained from losing to AZ pales in comparison to the advantage Stl would have with the 1st overall pick in the Luck year
Yes, the team that is taking luck will not trade up to get him. Have you been paying attention to any draft reports?

Riiiiiight...I forgot how Julio Jones was the only WR in last year's draft..

Took you awhile to do some research...

But he wasn't and now the falcons are screwed
Took you awhile to do some research...

But he wasn't and now the falcons are screwed

THIS IS ANDREW FREAKIN LUCK - A ONCE IN A GENERATION QB...god you're dense
Originally posted by frozen49er:

The advantage gained from losing to AZ pales in comparison to the advantage Stl would have with the 1st overall pick in the Luck year

The Rams would have to trade that pick. They have Bradford for 70 million. No one would trade to take that contract and they ain't gonna be putting 20 million into their QB position.
THIS IS ANDREW FREAKIN LUCK - A ONCE IN A GENERATION QB...god you're dense

he actually has had a pretty disspointing year this year

and also he plays at stanford they dont play much competition but when he has they lost

not saying he isnt a great prospect but is definitally overrated as a prospect
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

and also he plays at stanford they dont play much competition but when he has they lost

He's still the best prospect since Peyton.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
The Rams would have to trade that pick. They have Bradford for 70 million. No one would trade to take that contract and they ain't gonna be putting 20 million into their QB position.

Right, and because they'd get SOOOOOO much in return (WAAAAAY more than what the pick value chart would dictate - throw that out the window), I definitely do NOT wanna see them get the 1st pick.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

He's still the best prospect since Peyton.

So where is his two heisman trophies?

Yes Luck earlier in the year was baby Jesus, but that talk has gone away now
Where were Peyton's heismans? How much NFL success did winning the heisman yield for eric crouch, jason white, troy smith, matt leinart, etc.?
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran

Lol, that's your back up proof 1999 saints? LOL

Can you name another time this happened?

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to claim that a team won't give up a TON to move up for Luck??????

If I remember correctly, ESPN reported few days ago that according to Adam Shefter there are some teams that will be willing to trade 3-4 first round picks to draft Andrew Luck.
[ Edited by HIMYM on Dec 24, 2011 at 7:12 PM ]