LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

If the Saints lose on Monday...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we'll have the bye clinched and you figure we'll play our JV squad next week, but the question is, should we lay down to prevent STL from getting the 1st overall pick and trading it to some team for like 10 1st round picks who'll go bonkers for Luck?
If we have the bye, rest the starters.

Don't want to risk anything serious (like how Morgan got hurt in garbage time). Besides, our backups are better then the Rams.
Well one can see that the Rams have done very little with a multitude of top 5 picks over the years so whatevs.
Originally posted by linkboy:
If we have the bye, rest the starters.

Don't want to risk anything serious (like how Morgan got hurt in garbage time). Besides, our backups are better then the Rams.

I agree that our backups are better than the Rams, that's why I'm asking if we should lay down to make sure they don't get the 1st overall pick because the picks/players they'd get when they inevitably trade it would make them a MUCH better team for years and years to come...
If we win the bye then rest the key guys. But never lay down!
the rams should not be overlooked.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Normally I'd agree, but man they'd get an absolute BUNDLE from a team for the right to draft Luck. People are even speculating that Houston threw that game vs. Indy the other day for that very reason, and they still had seeding to play for!
[ Edited by andes14 on Dec 24, 2011 at 5:53 PM ]
Originally posted by andes14:

Normally I'd agree, but man they'd get an absolute BUNDLE from a team for the right to draft Luck. People are even speculating that Houston threw that game vs. Indy the other day for that very reason, and they still had seeding to play for!

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by andes14:

I'm sorry, did I say something that wasn't true? Don't facepalm me without an explanation lol.
Bottom line- yay or nay, IF we are locked into the 2 seed, would you want to see us lie down to prevent a DIVISION RIVAL from getting the 1st overall pick in a draft where the 1st overall pick is more valuable than in any other year...

doesnt really matter what the Saints do. we beat the Rams, we got the #2.
Originally posted by Sinsation:
doesnt really matter what the Saints do. we beat the Rams, we got the #2.

Right, but if the Saints lose on Monday, we got the #2 even if we lose next week and the Saints win next week...
Depends on if the Packers also lose tomorrow.
Originally posted by niners94:

Yeah we could still be playing for the #1 seed albeit a remote possibility.
Originally posted by niners94:

That's true, but I give a Cutlerless/Forteless/Knoxless Bears team a .0000001% chance of winning IN the stadium of a 13-1 team...
Share 49ersWebzone