LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

If the Saints lose on Monday...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let kap, person, kilgorn, swain,hunter,norris, spencer, brown, and dixon play
Hey 49allthetime, I think it's ok to assume in this instance...there's NO chance that if the Rams get the 1st overall pick that they keep it AND don't take Luck. Also, if you really think a team wouldn't trade the farm for Luck (when the Saints did so for a RUNNING BACK back in '99), then you deserve a facepalm. 100% a team would give up a king's ransom for him.
[ Edited by andes14 on Dec 24, 2011 at 6:35 PM ]
Originally posted by andes14:
I think it's ok to assume in this instance...there's NO chance that if the Rams get the 1st overall pick that they keep it AND don't take Luck. Also, if you really think a team wouldn't trade the farm for Luck (when the Saints did so for a RUNNING BACK back in '99), then you deserve a facepalm. 100% a team would give up a king's ransom for him.

Lol, that's your back up proof 1999 saints? LOL

Can you name another time this happened?
we'll have the bye clinched and you figure we'll play our JV squad next week, but the question is, should we lay down to prevent STL from getting the 1st overall pick and trading it to some team for like 10 1st round picks who'll go bonkers for Luck?

No.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't know. That O Line is pretty decimated. I think they can be beat now. By just about anybody.

Your right, division games are never easy. The bears defense is pretty good and your right about the packers oline. I wouldnt bet on the bears winning, but it could happen. And then the pack play the lions in week 17 and the way the lions are playing that game could be close as well
starters play first half and first series of third, then put in backups
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to claim that a team won't give up a TON to move up for Luck??????
This thread is beyond retarded. If we were so worried about division rivals getting a prospect then we should lay down to them every year, right? Who gets #1 is out of our hands, I would be irate if we laid down just to try to keep the rams from getting it. Could you imagine that conversation between York and Harbaugh?

Jed: " hey Jim, let's lose this game so that the Rams won't be able to draft the #1 prospect next year. We are too big of pussies to want to play him"

Jim: "hey Jed"

Jed: "yes Jim?"

Jim: "go f**k yourself"
I think a team would absolutely give up a ton to move up and take Luck. But, even if the Saints lose Monday Night, Jim Harbaugh will not allow this team to lay down against the Rams. No chance.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Dec 24, 2011 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
This thread is beyond retarded. If we were so worried about division rivals getting a prospect then we should lay down to them every year, right? Who gets #1 is out of our hands, I would be irate if we laid down just to try to keep the rams from getting it. Could you imagine that conversation between York and Harbaugh?

Jed: " hey Jim, let's lose this game so that the Rams won't be able to draft the #1 prospect next year. We are too big of pussies to want to play him"

Jim: "hey Jed"

Jed: "yes Jim?"

Jim: "go f**k yourself"

no its different cuz we have nothing to play for...if the game meant anything than id never dream of saying lie down

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I think a team would absolutely give up a ton to move up and take Luck. But, even if the Saints lose Monday Night, Jim Harbaugh will not allow this team to lay down against the Rams. No chance.

Fair enough, but that's why it's a legitimate question. 49allthetime must be smokin some good ish...the Falcons gave up a king's ransom for JULIO JONES for crying out loud...
rams will not take luck when they have 80 mill invested in bradford

that pick will be traded to washington or omeone esle
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to claim that a team won't give up a TON to move up for Luck??????

Yes, the team that is taking luck will not trade up to get him. Have you been paying attention to any draft reports?

Luck isn't The only Qb coming out in the draft
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
rams will not take luck when they have 80 mill invested in bradford

that pick will be traded to washington or omeone esle

right...i agree...and it will be for a king's ransom...
SUCK FOR LUCK!

I mean, suck for NO Luck!

I mean, suck for no Luck to the Rams who suck and get lucky enough to get Luck in the draft! YA! Suck for THAT!!!
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 24, 2011 at 6:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone