There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Man, why does our Defense have to be THIS good? It is going to be expensive to retain all the players.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's gonna want a s**tload of money. Tag or release will be the only options. I think he's gone this offseason.

That fool turned down 5 years 25 million last year and with the way he is playing this year that fool is gonna want Eric Weddle money

i've been saying this for awhile now. He's gone unless we tag him, and his tag # will be the cheapest of any of the guys we would potentially tag. Get some other guys signed long-term and keep Goldson around another year while we develop his replacement.
I have to say though, Dashon is playing like one of the best in the league. Not only does he have incredible closing speed, he can hit like a LB. I don't know why some want to complain about his lack of wrapping up. Even Lott would fly in without wrapping a lot of times.

I think Goldson gets paid and Rogers gets a fair contract on the main basis that he likes it here.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
What about the draft? Any safeties in the late 1st round worth mentioning?

TJ Mcdonald could be a possibility. Son of the former niner safety Tim McDonald.
my source says he's walking
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
my source says he's walking

This. Goldson wants a huge payday. I dont think he is worth more than what we offered this summer
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
my source says he's walking

This. Goldson wants a huge payday. I dont think he is worth more than what we offered this summer

He should take a fair deal on the sole reason that we took him in like man with 4 kids and 3 wives takes in a hooker. Goldson had nowhere to go and no team was going to sign him. We held out our hand.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by ace49ers:
What about the draft? Any safeties in the late 1st round worth mentioning?

TJ Mcdonald could be a possibility. Son of the former niner safety Tim McDonald.

Wow. No chance he could be anywhere near the player his dad was?
i would have never thought i'd be saying these words after last year but dashon is playing at a probowl level right now. he has been pretty good in pass coverage (6 int's in the last month for tebows sake!) and he is a sure tackler who can lay the wood and get some FF.

i have no problem with giving him a good contract or tagging him. but if we let him go it's not the end of the world. still, i feel dashon has earned his payday this year
Originally posted by frenchmov:
i would have never thought i'd be saying these words after last year but dashon is playing at a probowl level right now. he has been pretty good in pass coverage (6 int's in the last month for tebows sake!) and he is a sure tackler who can lay the wood and get some FF.

i have no problem with giving him a good contract or tagging him. but if we let him go it's not the end of the world. still, i feel dashon has earned his payday this year

Pretty good? He's 1 INT behind Weddle, the top FS in the league. Now add in a forced fumble that Weddle doesn't have and they are tied in turnovers caused. Golsdon is playing like one of the best FS in the league.
Well I guess we will see how bad he wants to be a 49er. I think he is an unbelievable safety but he does sell out a lot and tends to blow coverages and miss tackles at times. Did you guys see Culliver hanging on for dear life on Wallace while Goldson tackled our own guy?? Get your damn head up when you tackle!!!!
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Well I guess we will see how bad he wants to be a 49er. I think he is an unbelievable safety but he does sell out a lot and tends to blow coverages and miss tackles at times. Did you guys see Culliver hanging on for dear life on Wallace while Goldson tackled our own guy?? Get your damn head up when you tackle!!!!

yea. dude would've scored if culliver didn't hang onto that jersey.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Pretty good? He's 1 INT behind Weddle, the top FS in the league. Now add in a forced fumble that Weddle doesn't have and they are tied in turnovers caused. Golsdon is playing like one of the best FS in the league.

i know but i'm not talking about turnovers, there have just been a few times per game where he doesn't take a good angle on guys. i know i'm nitpicking on some of his issues but they are there. the case can be made that he has earned weddle money and i won't dispute that at this point
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Well I guess we will see how bad he wants to be a 49er. I think he is an unbelievable safety but he does sell out a lot and tends to blow coverages and miss tackles at times. Did you guys see Culliver hanging on for dear life on Wallace while Goldson tackled our own guy?? Get your damn head up when you tackle!!!!

yea. dude would've scored if culliver didn't hang onto that jersey.

Wallace is the fastest WR in the league. I'm sure he has outrun many angles many defenders have on him. And this was like a 3 yard slant across the field.