There are 160 users in the forums

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Pretty good? He's 1 INT behind Weddle, the top FS in the league. Now add in a forced fumble that Weddle doesn't have and they are tied in turnovers caused. Golsdon is playing like one of the best FS in the league.

i know but i'm not talking about turnovers, there have just been a few times per game where he doesn't take a good angle on guys. i know i'm nitpicking on some of his issues but they are there. the case can be made that he has earned weddle money and i won't dispute that at this point
He's still very young. He can surely get better and is worth the money imo.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Make this man one of the highest paid safeties in the NFL. He is top 5. Undisputed.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Make this man one of the highest paid safeties in the NFL. He is top 5. Undisputed.

Disputed.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He made himself a s**t ton of money this year. 1 year contracts man
trent will make the decision , no one else ! and i trust him espicaly after picking up Aldone Smith in the first and siginig Rogers and Deshon !

He's not top 5. MAYBE top 10
Man, why does our Defense have to be THIS good? It is going to be expensive to retain all the players.

Thats why we are going to lose some of them. Larry Grant is gone for sure. Ahmad Brooks probably will return. I do not think we will be able to keep both Goldson and Rogers.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Man, why does our Defense have to be THIS good? It is going to be expensive to retain all the players.

Thats why we are going to lose some of them. Larry Grant is gone for sure. Ahmad Brooks probably will return. I do not think we will be able to keep both Goldson and Rogers.

I don't think so either b/c both guys are going to want to break the bank. One big reason Rodgers left the skins was monetary. He spoke out about gettign paid once they gave Deangelo Hall a new contract. He wants to get paid b/c he's never been able to get a big contract after his rookie season due to the lockout and being tendered.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

He's not top 5. MAYBE top 10

Matter of opinion. Regardless, somebody is paying him top 5 money this offseason. You can count on that.
  • mike
  • Veteran

Larry Grant deserves to start somewhere and he won't get that here. I'd let him go. Brooks should be willing to stay because of how solid the group is and wanting to be involved in a defense like ours that has just started to reach its potential.

Baalke has done a great job with players that other teams didn't want to deal with, like rogers, like goldson, and edwards. If they now run off for huge money let them, we'll try to find players that fall under that same category of having a chip on their shoulder. But I feel like with SF turning into a better place for FA's to end up, at least a few of them will try to stay here at decent prices.
[ Edited by mike on Dec 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM ]

I think we try and sign him to a long term contract now and if Baalke thinks Goldson may slip away tag him.
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Dec 21, 2011 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
I think we try and sign him to a long term contract now and if Baalke thinks Goldson my slip away tag him.

I think this may be coming for a few players.

Remember, the 49ers aren't up against the cap. They have some money they can spend against THIS years cap to offset the cost in future years.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I think we try and sign him to a long term contract now and if Baalke thinks Goldson my slip away tag him.

Remember, the 49ers aren't up against the cap. They have some money they can spend against THIS years cap to offset the cost in future years.
I tweeted MM about that and we said the chances of signing any more guys this year is slim, remember we offered contracts and almost all turned them down....would be nice to use the remaining money now and get 2-3 guys done
Originally posted by jreff22:

I tweeted MM about that and we said the chances of signing any more guys this year is slim, remember we offered contracts and almost all turned them down....would be nice to use the remaining money now and get 2-3 guys done
Agree to both points, I think some of those guys are waiting to see what happens in the playoffs, obviously if we won the superbowl those same guys would want to wait to get bigger contracts.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Agree to both points, I think some of those guys are waiting to see what happens in the playoffs, obviously if we won the superbowl those same guys would want to wait to get bigger contracts.

sad thing is by doing that they run the chance of breaking the nucleus and or getting left out and seeking employment elsewhere
Share 49ersWebzone