There are 188 users in the forums

**** BREAKING NEWS***** GOLDSON GOT THE FRANCHISE TAG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
sad thing is by doing that they run the chance of breaking the nucleus and or getting left out and seeking employment elsewhere

I know so what do we do? we tried resigning them now but they refused. So do we keep pressuring them? Or do we just relax and let time run its course?
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by jreff22:
sad thing is by doing that they run the chance of breaking the nucleus and or getting left out and seeking employment elsewhere

I know so what do we do? we tried resigning them now but they refused. So do we keep pressuring them? Or do we just relax and let time run its course?

This is hypothetical of course but who ever we are closest with on numbers I would would try to hit common ground now, if we can get 2-3 guys...probably more like 2 then it's a win. The question is how far off are we? I would pressure guys and tell the agents, especially the mid level guys..look if you don't sign now you run the chance of not being here next year.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Well I guess we will see how bad he wants to be a 49er. I think he is an unbelievable safety but he does sell out a lot and tends to blow coverages and miss tackles at times. Did you guys see Culliver hanging on for dear life on Wallace while Goldson tackled our own guy?? Get your damn head up when you tackle!!!!

yea. dude would've scored if culliver didn't hang onto that jersey.

Not just that game but the arizona game he laid out Aldon. It was on the play where aldon forced the fumble on Skelton (or was kolb still in?) and was wrapping him up and Goldson came in and threw a shoulder that hit aldon pretty hard in the face mask. Aldon was a little slow getting up after too, for a sec I thought he was concussed. Later on in the same game and Fitzgerald caught a pass and Larry grant was wrapping him up and Goldson came in blind again and hit grant and knocked him off Fitzgerald. Both Niners went down and fitz kept going.
says he only has one pass defensed lol

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/12/inside-the-49ers/dashon-goldson-the-weakest-link-of-the-niners-defense/
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kujon11:

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/12/inside-the-49ers/dashon-goldson-the-weakest-link-of-the-niners-defense/

one pass defended, 6 picks and 8 souls crushed. I'll take it.

Plus his force fumbles as someone pointed out. Dude is responsible for 8 turnovers. I'll take that any day. I hope he stays a 49er.
I might be alone in this but I really don't give a f**k if Goldson is re-signed or not. He's played well this year, but part of that is also due to the added pressure that this team has been able to get up-front. He still misses too many tackles for my liking and has been the team leader in the dumb plays department(penalties..taking out other 49ers instead of opponents). Wouldn't mind seeing the 49ers draft a guy like Robert Lester of Alabama or Aaron Henry of Wisconsin to replace him. I'd like to have him back, but not if the 49ers have to break the bank for him.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 22, 2011 at 5:24 PM ]
wow the weakest link is clearly a toss up between t. brown and p. haralson..goldson has been money this year
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
wow the weakest link is clearly a toss up between t. brown and p. haralson..goldson has been money this year

Would be happy to see the 49ers spend a 1st rounder on another 3-4 OLB to play opposite Aldon Smith. If they had another major pass-rush threat at that position, this defense would really become a nightmare.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Make this man one of the highest paid safeties in the NFL. He is top 5. Undisputed.

He's not top 5. MAYBE top 10

Name 10 safteys at his position who are better right now....

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Make this man one of the highest paid safeties in the NFL. He is top 5. Undisputed.

Lol can't be done. Dashon is money how this guy calls him the weakest link is beyond me. I think Tarrel Brown is good and I want to keep him. One of my UT guys but I can clearly see he is the weakest link. Him and Haralson I'd say. They're all playing well though that's just if I HAVE to pick someone.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Lol can't be done. Dashon is money how this guy calls him the weakest link is beyond me. I think Tarrel Brown is good and I want to keep him. One of my UT guys but I can clearly see he is the weakest link. Him and Haralson I'd say. They're all playing well though that's just if I HAVE to pick someone.

I know it can't be done. That's why I asked him to do it.
Money plays a decent part but look at Philly all that money and I guarantee there not happy. Decent money and on a winning team is better then tons of money and no wins.

Let him test his value again, just don't plan on using reggie smith as his replacement, he stinks up the joint.
Are people really putting Dashon Goldson and Parys Haralson in the same category? I say pay the man.

I can see a team offering him a contract higher than what we are willing to offer, however as someone said, we'll see how bad he wants to remain a 49er. If we can retain Rogers and Goldson the core of this defense is solidified and we can concentrate of building some depth at CB, S, and OLB.
Share 49ersWebzone