Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by HessianDud:no I understand but take into account the speed of the game and the worst outcome was at least a pass breakup
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
today, i honestly don't even give a s**t if he comes back. but i know when i get over his two absolutely moronic, selfish, dangerous, game changing plays, that I will think that we should sign him long-term if possible and if not give him the franchise tag. he has a unique skill-set, and hopefully can learn to use his brains consistently enough that he doesn't cost you.
Yeah he's stupid for trying to make a play. Damn him I mean it's not like our Cb's were getting torched by Cruz so he felt that he needed to try and do something. I can't believe our pro-bowl ballhawk would go after the ball.
i don't blame him for trying to make plays, but if he's taking the ball away from his own guys and knocking one of them out, I don't think he was making very good plays. you can think that's unfair if you want.
fair enough. given the money he's going to command i would like to think he could read the angles better. still want him on the team just think we should be honest that he made two mental errors--and that's not the first time.
So he's supposed to watch the WR, DB, and the ball? good to know
As for the angles I completely agree
i would think those things go hand in hand.
obviously its armchair free safety-ing
, but he has to know the situation. he's aggressive, and that's good, but it can also hurt you. that's just a fact. if he misses the ball and takes out our CB and the WR catches the ball, its a TD. so he's gotta pick his spots to be aggressive. that's easy for me to say, obviously, but making a play on a ball when his teammate has a better shot at it and he's got the over the top coverage doesn't seem like he was "picking good spots."like i said, I want him back, but those two plays really frustrated me and still piss me off when I think about it.

